Will there be additional content after Rivals?

robzeta

Hard to say considering in the past they said raids were the final new content and were only going to do weekly nightmare stuff going forward.  Then they decided to do the rivals mode after that.  Last I'd read they're going to have content drops through September (a few challenge modes look like they're still locked).  After that it's unknown.

Edited by Snake2410

I mean, I know it's redundant but you can always just buy it back digitally if you really wanted to sell your disc so you never would have to worry about that issue again, but either way, lord I pray there's no more trophies to take away that 100%. Makes you almost wish they would separate single player and multiplayer into different lists.

Keep the disc for collection purposes. I hope they add more content, but who knows for sure. If the mode continues to be popular I see them adding more content though. I do hope that if they do a GOT2 or Legends 2 we can carry our cosmetics and stuff over. Fun times!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

I mean, I know it's redundant but you can always just buy it back digitally if you really wanted to sell your disc so you never would have to worry about that issue again, but either way, lord I pray there's no more trophies to take away that 100%. Makes you almost wish they would separate single player and multiplayer into different lists.

That's something I've wished they'd do ever since trophies were released.  Some games do that, but I'm not sure what requirements are necessary for Sony to allow it.  RE3's mp component, and Preys mp component are examples of that.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:07 AM, PeachyJacobs said:

I hope so! You can see additional content still locked in Legends like the Trials of Iyo.

That's just the nightmare version of the raid chapters.  They would've already had trophies on the list for them if they were going to do that. 

They plan on unlocking more content each week through September, which consists of all the locked stuff you can currently see in the menus.  After September it's hard to say what they'll do.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/08/04/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-gets-standalone-release-adds-new-rivals-mode-on-september-3/

Taken from the above link.

"In addition to all of the above, we’ll be adding a new piece of content each week from September 10 through October 1, including an additional Rivals map, new Survival maps inspired by Iki Island and Iyo’s realm, and Trials of Iyo, a new harder-difficulty version of last year’s Raid that offers challenges in bite-sized chunks, and offers a new set of online leaderboards."

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

So it's new content based on the dlc already released, which supposedly shouldn't add new trophies since it doesn't add new modes.

Yes.  They're going to gradually unlock the stuff that is currently locked but already in the game.  There shouldn't be any new trophies, they most likely would've already put them in the trophy list like they had with the raid when Legends first came out.