new PSN accounts are getting instant bans

TrickyCompa

Hello everyone was curious if anyone else is running to this problem I already contacted sony about it I wont hear anything for awhile but was curious if anyone else has a work around it..

I've been trying to create a dummy account to self boost but anyways anytime I make a new account I either run into an issue where it says change password which I end up doing but when I add it to ps3,ps4,ps5 or vita it gets instant banned. my main account is perfectly fine 

I looked around and it seems like a  few people are having the same issue on reddit o.o

Has anyone else ran into this issue or bug? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/pe0q0t/brand_new_psn_account_instantly_banned_on_creation/  just another thread showing that people are getting banned to :)

Edited by TrickyCompa

4 minutes ago, TrickyCompa said:

Hello everyone was curious if anyone else is running to this problem I already contacted sony about it I wont hear anything for awhile but was curious if anyone else has a work around it..

I've been trying to create a dummy account to self boost but anyways anytime I make a new account I either run into an issue where it says change password which I end up doing but when I add it to ps3,ps4,ps5 or vita it gets instant banned. my main account is perfectly fine 

This might be far off base, but when you create the account(s), are you using details that would indicate a throw away account like Address: 1234 Sesame St, Birthdate: 01-01-2001?

4 minutes ago, TrickyCompa said:

Its an issue apparently

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/09/02/insta-psn-ban-confuses-new-users/

My 7yr old nephew finally talked his dad into setting up a psn account for him and it did the same thing. Asks for a new password then permanently suspends it. He's gutted because unless it can be resolved he's lost his Spider-Man platinum

I used a real address and all the stuff. the other strange thing I was able to create an account and add it onto the ps3  but when I put it on the ps4 it got insta banned @DaivRules

@Cleggworth thanks for the heads up guess I'll just wait it out till they fix it, that sucks it happened to your nephew :/

Edited by TrickyCompa

Maybe Sony finally made it harder for bots to remake a million accounts but screwed it up for actual people trying to make accounts too, lol. It could happen. It's Sony...

I'm having the same issue but it's with some older accounts too. When I try to login on the browser I get an error saying that identify couldn't be verified and that I need to change the password, I also can't login back to these accounts on ps3 but I was able to login on ps4 with a security code that was sent on email. I had a similar issue with logging in into the browser in the past but that was just sony being stupid, locking the account temporally (for like 2h). I hope this will be changed/fixed soon because I have a bunch of accounts with games or just dummy accounts for boosting games that require a bunch of players for stupid community stuff and such xD

I think accounts are just getting randomly locked if you use them on another console and when you change the pass they get unlocked for a while and then they get messed up again, such a pain

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1