How to tackle Directors Cut coming in new?

adverse_event

Wish there was a trophy guide for Directors Cut. I realize the majority of players are probably autopopping the majority of trophies but I've never played Ghost of Tsushima before. How should I tackle this game with wanting to 100% it in mind? I am assuming two plays seeing some NG+ stuff but besides that what is the best plan to tackle this thing and I there anything I should be aware of before starting? Thanks

Play the game I would say regular way, go for the plat then do the dlc ( iki island) then start a NG+  Better in a new save slot so you don’t have to worry about collectibles etc in case later on there is a new dlc so you can return to that save file while you have done everything already and save some time rushing through it! Then focus on Legends little time consuming but a lot of fun I absolutely loved it!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, adverse_event said:

Wish there was a trophy guide for Directors Cut. I realize the majority of players are probably autopopping the majority of trophies but I've never played Ghost of Tsushima before. How should I tackle this game with wanting to 100% it in mind? I am assuming two plays seeing some NG+ stuff but besides that what is the best plan to tackle this thing and I there anything I should be aware of before starting? Thanks

Nothing is missable and everything can be done after story completion.  Nearly everything will show up on the map as a '?' once you fully liberate every enemy camp (which includes some story camps so you can't finish them all before then).  It's best to just enjoy the story, do whatever sidequests you have pop up, and any camps that pop up as you're traveling as well. If you want to fully explore an area before moving on with the story that's find too, you'll come away with more charms and upgrades that way.

There are really only a few trophies outside of the combat related ones that don't pop from an icon on the map, hidden shrines on the main map, the hidden quests on the Iki map, and one for playing a certain song at a certain grave you find at the end of Act 2 (it'll put a point on the map. Shrines you'll see a sign shaped like a house with a black silhouette of a samurai bowing next to them.  Many docks and regular shrine locations have them.  You only need 10.  Hidden quests you might need a guide when you get to the island.  A guide for them is pretty easy to find in google.

Any discovered locations can be fast traveled to as well, once you get close enough that the '?' turns into a different icon.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 2

I’d say:

Tackle the regular campaign/story on whatever difficulty you want.

Complete the story while getting any side quests and collectibles, then get the remaining side quests & collectibles.

Then do the Iki Island DLC, this will take about 10 hours.

You can then either do a NG+ playthrough or hop into Legends (multiplayer).

This will be about 20-30 hours. The hardest part is without a doubt the Legends Raid as it requires communication & a knowledgable team. I’d say its the hardest trophy in the game.

-

Took me 43 hours to Platinum the game, I have yet to do NG+, I spent about 20~ getting every Legends trophy minus the Raid as I’m waiting to do it. I also have to do the Iki Island DLC but plan to do that on PS5 accompanied by a NG+ run.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...