Potential RLTW Workaround

Troz

Hello, I think I have found a way to get the RLTW trophy with no modders.

During a deathmatch, if you get a high enough kill streak you will get a bounty on your head (as an incentive for players to go for you). Usually this means nothing because when the deathmatch ends you lose that bounty.

The max time you can set for the deathmatch is 60 minutes. Bounties expire after 48 minutes.

Maybe, just maybe, if you set a 1v1 deathmatch with a friend you could get a bounty and have it expire within the 60 minute limit.

Any thoughts? Has this been brought up before? Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by TrozRules
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, DenDigger said:

Ignore b1rvine, I personally like this theory, I also wonder if getting this bounty, then closing the game, if next time you join gta online, the bounty doesnt get removed?

Just something else to think about / test, I personally don't have a copy of the game atm to test it, but if this does in fact work, I might have to buy this and quickly finish it before the servers get put to rest. ...providing of course if the 'other game modes' they removed are even still available on PS3?

Why would you ignore them? They’re simply saying it because its relevant.

If it works, great! Tons of people who’ve missed out can get it & with video proof it’ll be known that its still unobtainable (until the servers shut down at least).

If not, then nothing changes.

53 minutes ago, DenDigger said:

Ignore b1rvine, I personally like this theory, 

Yeah, ignore one of the CRT members that would be applying the results of this theory to future RLtW flags. Genius!

On topic - I feel that, with the sheer popularity of GTA, someone would have tried this already, but best of luck

14 minutes ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Hmm, I have doubts about this because isn't the trophy tied to surviving a full day/night cycle in free roam? I think deathmatch would stay at the same time. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

that is a really good point.

when you are able to pick certain options there is an option to pick the time of day and weather. there is an option "current" which is just the normal day/night cycle.

also, the bounty system is probably not tied to day/night cycles. when hackers make the sky fast forward from day/night very quickly nothing of note happens. I think it is just a normal 48 minute timer that determines when the bounty is up.

5 minutes ago, DenDigger said:

Because their pessimistic comment offers nothing to the discussion.

I personally didn't see @B1rvine's comment as pessimistic. I actually think there's optimism in there, being open to the idea of a workaround.

To add to the recording part, if I do it (or whoever can do it) they should record it. If it is proven to work, then I think all RLTW trophy earners should be presumed to have used the new way. No more recordings needed after the first one to prove it works.

• Like 2

Just now, syai0306 said:

A friend of mine just finished trying it and can't get any trophies.

He got the bounty for 6 consecutive kills and then waited over 50 minutes for the match to end.

damn ☹️ really sucks that it didn't work.

do you know what modifiers he had on the match? maybe it could be tested with different options

3 minutes ago, TrozRules said:

くそー 2639.png それがうまくいかなかったことを本当にひどいです。

彼が試合でどんな修飾子を持っていたか知っていますか?多分それは異なるオプションでテストされる可能性があります

I've only heard 60 minutes.

Sorry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DenDigger said:

Because their pessimistic comment offers nothing to the discussion.

I'd ask for the same thing. ;)

I think I'm way more of a pessimist, and I would have imagined if there was a way to get this trophy, it would have been discovered by now.

10 hours ago, DenDigger said:

I might have to buy this and quickly finish it before the servers get put to rest. ...providing of course if the 'other game modes' they removed are even still available on PS3?

The true pessimist in me thinks you won't do this. ?