Atomic Leviathan *semi spoilerish*

JaneAusten69

This sucker is pretty hard.  I got him down to about a third of his health but then he called all the other apex predators and I got destroyed.  I was using the lightning shark skin and then tried once with the atomic skin.

Question for anyone that has completed this.  What did you find to be the best shark skin to use?

Best gear is Shadow Teeth (for HP regen with every bite) and everything else Bone (head, fin, body & tail). The +6 damage reduction from the bone set is nice, and if you get grabbed, just press triangle to pop your armor while you wiggle out. I mostly just used the bite attack to keep my HP up while resisting the majority of the damage and ignoring the additional bosses the Leviathan calls to help.

For mutations, my tank build was Hearty (+600 HP), Reinforced Cartilage (+15% resistance), Healing Factor (+36% HP regen). For the fourth organ mutation, it really depends on how you want to play.

If you intent to keep tanking the boss, use Disorienting Sonar (-30% damage from enemies for 10 seconds). If you want to go for damage, use Targeting Sonar (+30% damage for 10 seconds). If you intend to grab his irradiated projectiles and whip them back at him, you could try Tail Catapult (+200% Velocity/Range/Force on tailwhip).

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

I used the atomic set. 

I personally didn't like the atomic set. The only new additions from the DLC that I found particularly useful were the new sonar mutations.

• Like 1

I used Atomic Shark with Shadow Teeth and the organs Advanced Sonar, Targeting Sonar, Hearty, and Reinforced Cartilage. The atomic blast you can do tore the Atomic Leviathan apart, especially with the damage boost from Targeting Sonar. There is also a health regeneration organ you can use instead of one of the ones I picked.

I found this Beast pretty easy beat him  2 times 1st time with full bone set  ( took while tho ) 2nd time with  the full atomic set ( quick)  when he shoots  the atomic stuff  dodge swim away and stay far away untill he finishes ) look for food while waiting to build up your power thing and go and use it on him when he’s done and you are ready  

used full bone set  and atomic set with organs Advanced Sonar: Reinforced Cartilage: Brutal Muscles: and   Healing factor 

Edited by locofella83
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, Helyx said:

Best gear is Shadow Teeth (for HP regen with every bite) and everything else Bone (head, fin, body & tail). The +6 damage reduction from the bone set is nice, and if you get grabbed, just press triangle to pop your armor while you wiggle out. I mostly just used the bite attack to keep my HP up while resisting the majority of the damage and ignoring the additional bosses the Leviathan calls to help.

For mutations, my tank build was Hearty (+600 HP), Reinforced Cartilage (+15% resistance), Healing Factor (+36% HP regen). For the fourth organ mutation, it really depends on how you want to play.

If you intent to keep tanking the boss, use Disorienting Sonar (-30% damage from enemies for 10 seconds). If you want to go for damage, use Targeting Sonar (+30% damage for 10 seconds). If you intend to grab his irradiated projectiles and whip them back at him, you could try Tail Catapult (+200% Velocity/Range/Force on tailwhip).

This worked on my first try.  Shadow Teeth was the big winner.  Thank you!

Thanks @damcrac5, @SnakeSound222 and @locofella83 for the additional tips as well!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-10-08 at 11:42 AM, Helyx said:

For the win, was having tons of difficulties with the videos I’ve seen using the Atomic Set, this worked perfectly and all my trophies popped, thank gawd this is done and cheers!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, Helyx said:

I used the same mutations, used Tail Catapult as my 4th.  I used full Atomic though and just evaded as much as possible while firing tail projectiles at him, throwing his projectiles back at him, and eating any fish nearby to regen my beam attack.  Everything fully upgraded.  I had to evade a LOT when he spawns the three irradiated mini bosses but just kept hitting and running and then blasting away with my beam when it was charged.  He wasn't hard really.  Bone armor with this same set up makes you a major tank so I could see it maybe being easier with that though.

• 4 weeks later...