PS4 -> PS5 Autopop?

26 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

No auto-pop of any kind.

I played both versions from beginning to end and had significantly more bugs on the PS4. It was sort of a mess even when playing the PS4 version on PS5. A patch did come out today though.

Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly common to find the PS4 versions of games being considerably buggier than their PS5 counterparts :(.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

The listing on the PS Store says save transfer will come in a later patch.

"[PS4 game save and trophies do not carry over to the PS5 version of The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes. Support will be added via patch at a later date.]"
Wow, you're right. Good catch.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, Chaos_Bladez said:

I played both versions from beginning to end and had significantly more bugs on the PS4. It was sort of a mess even when playing the PS4 version on PS5. A patch did come out today though.

Oof, not looking forward to that then.  I started on the PS5 version, and I've had to restart my checkpoint twice now because first time my character somehow got stuck in the middle of an open path and could not move, and then I got trapped in a cell by my AI partner after getting a collectible.  So frustrating.  Luckily no crashes or anything so far, just some minor visual bugs and getting stuck.

1 hour ago, shawn-norris said:

Oof, not looking forward to that then.  I started on the PS5 version, and I've had to restart my checkpoint twice now because first time my character somehow got stuck in the middle of an open path and could not move, and then I got trapped in a cell by my AI partner after getting a collectible.  So frustrating.  Luckily no crashes or anything so far, just some minor visual bugs and getting stuck.

I also got trapped in an area because the other character wouldn't move. I ended up getting out by walking straight into them over and over because they'd move back like a half inch each time I collided with them. It's still bad. All three of the Dark Pictures games have been technical messes. And this time, it was tolerable on PS5 but particularly bad on PS4.

It's almost as if a team that took a long time to make its best game shouldn't be cranking out a new game every single year.

• Like 1