Top 10 Video Game Controversies

Gotakibono

The Mass effect controversy pissed me off the most out of all of those. That lady said that women are only valued for their sexuality in that game and that Shepard is trying to decide how many women he wants to be with in the game. Smh that isn't anywhere close to what mass effect is about. Get more info on the matter before going on the air and spreading bullshit like that

Edited by man_with_wdjat
  • Like 1

The Mass effect controversy pissed me off the most out of all of those. That lady said that women are only valued for their sexuality in that game and that Shepard is trying to decide how many women he wants to be with in the game. Smh that isn't anywhere close to what mass effect is about. Get more info on the matter before going on the air and spreading bullshit like that

Perhaps the most moronic aspect of that argument is that that lady never once mentions the fact that you can play as a female in the game. I'm not certain if she is aware of that, or if she is merely withholding the information to further her agenda. Either way, that fact alone completely negates any point she trying to make. After all, if a male Shepard values potential female partners for nothing but their sexuality, then a female Shepard would do the exact same thing with potential male partners. 

It's fucking retarded. 

Edited by Gotakibono

Actually that is pretty much what ME is about :P

Actually that is pretty much what ME is about :P

ME2 was basically all about the character recruiting/interaction and its setting is what is constantly praised about the game.

The same could be said about Persona 3 and 4, but when there are sex scenes involved people tend to make a riot about it :P

And to this day, being 21 years old, my mother refuses to buy me a copy of a Pokemon Video Game. I ask her from time to time just for shits and giggles.

But she's alright with me playing  *insert any FPS here* and games that actually have occult themes go figure.

I really hate the news media blaming games for mass shootings (when there's no proof)

The Mass Effect controversy is pretty stupid (umm...you can play a female Shepard in the game)

The idea that Shepard has females in his party is to only have sex with them is stupid.

Most of these news stations use these stories to promote their agenda (which is bloody stupid)

• Like 1