Why do some games not have a forum?

I searched for a similar topic before creating this one, but I couldn't find it. So here we go.

There has been more than a few times where I wanted to share information about some games or hopefully find answers to questions I had on the game's forum, but it turns out, there are no forums!

And the option to start the first topic is not available because there's no "FORUM" tab to click. Only "TROPHIES", "100% CLUB" and "PLATINUM CLUB" if it has a platinum trophy. Why is that?

9 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Can you give an example of one of the games?

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The only ones I have experienced up until now had all non-English characters as the title and I was able to reach out to @BlindMango to create them when requested. 

I’m also curious which game(s) currently don’t have them. 

Yes, the ones I remember not having them were japanese names. Recently the games I've seen with no forums are: 

- Vividred Operation: Mayonnaise with Akane https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1909-ビビッドレッドオペレーション-あかねとマヨっとオペレーション

- Vividred Operation: Hyper Intimate Power! https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2004-ビビッドレッドオペレーション-hyper-intimate-power

And I'd swear this game didn't have the option to create forum topics but it actually does now that I looked it up to link it here. It's just that there's no topics yet. So that's my bad. 

The game in question is: Touch Shot: Love Application! https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1350-たっちしよっ-love-application

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2230-お姉チャンバラzカグラ-with-nonono

This is the only one I can think of that doesn't have a forum

That one too! Thank you. I wanted to ask which one is the dlc that we have to buy to get the 100%. I think CERO Z dlcs are not affected by the upcoming removal of credit cards and paypal but I wanted to be safe. I think it's the one that costs 900 yen.

Hey, I've fixed these games you linked and they now have forums - basically what happens is when a trophy list is added by the site, the site will automatically create a forum for that list based off its name, however it can only auto-create the forum if the name of the game starts with an English character. If it starts with any other characters, it will not be able to make the forum and we'll have to manually do it. Pretty much every game Japanese/Korean/Asian game from the past ~3 or so years has been manually created by us, but some of the original games like this will still not have a forum because we haven't gone back to all of them yet. If you encounter this for a game you need to make a post in, just let us know in the Update a Trophy List thread :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

That one too! Thank you. I wanted to ask which one is the dlc that we have to buy to get the 100%. I think CERO Z dlcs are not affected by the upcoming removal of credit cards and paypal but I wanted to be safe. I think it's the one that costs 900 yen.

It's the sisters DLC for Aya and Saki, it costs 943 yen on the store

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hey, I've fixed these games you linked and they now have forums - basically what happens is when a trophy list is added by the site, the site will automatically create a forum for that list based off its name, however it can only auto-create the forum if the name of the game starts with an English character. If it starts with any other characters, it will not be able to make the forum and we'll have to manually do it. Pretty much every game Japanese/Korean/Asian game from the past ~3 or so years has been manually created by us, but some of the original games like this will still not have a forum because we haven't gone back to all of them yet. If you encounter this for a game you need to make a post in, just let us know in the Update a Trophy List thread :) 

Thank you very much! I'll keep that in mind.

In fact, I may go check these japanese games and tell you if I find any more games with no forums in the Update a Trophy List thread.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

I searched for a similar topic before creating this one, but I couldn't find it. So here we go.

There has been more than a few times where I wanted to share information about some games or hopefully find answers to questions I had on the game's forum, but it turns out, there are no forums!

And the option to start the first topic is not available because there's no "FORUM" tab to click. Only "TROPHIES", "100% CLUB" and "PLATINUM CLUB" if it has a platinum trophy. Why is that?

Games that do not have a forum are games that scan in with a foreign name. At this time, there are 587 games without a forum associated with it in the database.

• Like 2