-RETIRED-

CelestialRequiem

To expand on this a little further, my dad himself wasn't much of a "gamer", but he did play a lot of arcade games. Dig-Dug was his favourite game that he played. It was comical how good my dad was at that game. My mom was similar. She didn't play games much, but did play some in the arcades -- especially Pac-Man, which was her favourite. Because of this, I was constantly being exposed to older games through game compilations that my folks would give me. 

Boy have I got the series for you:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/378-atari-flashback-classics

Looking forward to following your future endeavors, especially since I'll be a part of some :pimp:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm from America, though I lived in Japan and plan on moving back there permanently in time. I had such an amazing time in Japan and really felt like I could be myself with my interests. An absolutely phenomenal country that I miss every day. Even though this thread is related to trophy hunting, if you have any questions about any games I am playing, please let me know. 

Finally, here is where the real trophy hunting discussions begin:

This was a really cool read as it's always nice to see more of these & follow along with what games people like to play especially if it's something that I might eventually be interested in. I'm sure you'll do some really good write ups so will definitely be keeping up with this one.

• Like 1

Mr. Walk Down Me I'm the Walkway - GIF on Imgur

I'm excited for you to make my checklist look like a casual joke. I had a dream last night that I was living in a Cormac McCarthy world by the way, it was actually insane. Vishal and I were being chased down by creatures and some kind of government-esque people. Specifically this giant who I guess was in charge of everything called the "Blood Meridian" being on us. I know the thread title isn't a reference to him but I wanted to point that out.

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hore said:

Boy have I got the series for you:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/378-atari-flashback-classics

Looking forward to following your future endeavors, especially since I'll be a part of some :pimp:

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction. That's exactly what I'm looking for. 

And yes -- we definitely have a lot of projects to do in the future. 

7 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

This was a really cool read as it's always nice to see more of these & follow along with what games people like to play especially if it's something that I might eventually be interested in. I'm sure you'll do some really good write ups so will definitely be keeping up with this one.

I appreciate it, man. I'll be as thorough as I possibly can and let people know if I recommend whatever game I'm playing. 

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Mr. Walk Down Me I'm the Walkway - GIF on Imgur

I'm excited for you to make my checklist look like a casual joke. I had a dream last night that I was living in a Cormac McCarthy world by the way, it was actually insane. Vishal and I were being chased down by creatures and some kind of government-esque people. Specifically this giant who I guess was in charge of everything called the "Blood Meridian" being on us. I know the thread title isn't a reference to him but I wanted to point that out.

Well, now have a rarer platinum than I, so you've made my account look like a joke lol. 

That sounds really insane. But... Blood Meridian has a sort of giant. Just remember that dream when you do eventually read that book. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I like that you made a checklist (even tho I do have some issues with how some users go about them)

You always seem like a very wholesome well spoken dude when ever I see you post, so looking forward to reading your thoughts and journey on this hobby.

Yeah, I also question some people's approach with their own accounts. At times, I even question my own. But I want my account to be very indicative of my efforts, so the guidelines I've set make me feel like I am being compliant with my own principles. Most important thing is that I'm having fun. If I'm doing that, then I'm accomplishing what I've set out to do. 

I really appreciate that. Despite people trying to label me as an elitist here, I promise I'm not one. I'm just someone who is entitled to my own opinions and I won't turn down assisting members here in any way that I can. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Returning:

EZSpDBWUYAArwmy.jpg:small

I'm going to be playing this game again today. I'm sure @Deadly_Ha_Ha is thrilled. 

I know you probably wouldn’t want to do it but I would not mind reading your write ups for the other platinum titles as well, like Vanquish, Bayo, MGR, etc.

Ill most likely go for the plat in W101R next year or so as well, this write up on it I’m sure will be helpful to me and others.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I know you probably wouldn’t want to do it but I would not mind reading your write ups for the other platinum titles as well, like Vanquish, Bayo, MGR, etc.

Ill most likely go for the plat in W101R next year or so as well, this write up on it I’m sure will be helpful to me and others.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'd talk about the quality of the game and whether or not I recommend it. 

Excellent. It's an amazing game that is even better than I remembered on Wii U. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 

• Like 1

A checklist I'll make sure to keep an eye on. Looking forward to following your progress and reading your thoughts on the games you're playing. ?

On 11/1/2021 at 3:42 AM, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm from America, though I lived in Japan and plan on moving back there permanently in time. I had such an amazing time in Japan and really felt like I could be myself with my interests. An absolutely phenomenal country that I miss every day.

I can see that your account is Japanese. Did you create it when you was living in Japan, or in anticipation to you wanting to settle yourself over there ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlutoRico said:

A checklist I'll make sure to keep an eye on. Looking forward to following your progress and reading your thoughts on the games you're playing. 1f601.png

Thank you! I'll try to update as frequently as I can, but like mentioned in the OP I play on Switch and PC a lot. Sometimes I just don't play on PS for a while. 

1 hour ago, PlutoRico said:

I can see that your account is Japanese. Did you create it when you was living in Japan, or in anticipation to you wanting to settle yourself over there ? 

I made it when I was living in Osaka. I thought about making an American account, but I wanted to easily buy currency for my main account so this works out. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Rebooted the OP a little bit -- and going to talk about my latest platinum trophy. The Wonderful 101: Remastered is on hiatus until I feel like playing the game again. 

nAaiPeV.png#19 - Armored Core: Verdict Day

1La3ef42.png

I'm obsessed with Armored Core. It's no secret that @Deadly_Ha_Ha and I wrote the guide together at this point. A had a much longer post about this game as a status update (which I regret as I should have posted it here, lol.) but know I'm terribly fond of this game. 

--------------------------------------------

Active Project: Dead Rising

L73819f.png

I'm a big fan of this game. Got some cleanup stuff to do, as well as the Infinite Mode. May have it done before Wednesday. 

• Like 4

nAaiPeV.png#20 - Dead Rising

1L55b827.png

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

--

They really don't make them like they used, do they?

When I was a teenager, I really wanted a PS3. At the time, my folks said the PS3 wasn't an option -- but the Xbox 360 was. I told them I wanted an Xbox 360 for Christmas and this was the first game that I bought for the console (I got Dead Space as my game to play during the holidays). 

I didn't know anything about it, but I saw "CAPCOM" on the cover and knew I had to get it. I grew up with so many of their games (especially Megaman) that seeing the name alone was worth it. When I first started it, I was blown away as to how many enemies were on the screen. Even beyond Dynasty Warriors, this game was sort of revolutionary at the time because of that. Anyway, I played it a lot for like a year and was quite obsessed with it. 

Back in 2016, I randomly went on PSNProfiles' front page and saw this game got listed with trophies and everything. It was really crazy, because I didn't even know that this game was announced for the PS4. I knew I had to get the game right away. I played it and platted it like a year later on a previous account. I'm a firm believer that this game is the only one worth playing in the series. I got Dead Rising 2 on launch day on my Xbox 360 and didn't like it much. I then played Dead Rising 3, which was such a step-down from what made the original so great (and it was even worse than 2). When Dead Rising 4 got announced, I knew I wouldn't like the game at all. The really ridiculous crafting and there not being a focus on the time limit really annoyed me. 

In this game, you're on a 6 hour timer to get everything done - and every "Scoop" has a deadline. Some more extreme than others. I loved that the game made you really experiment with movement and weapons (Pro tip for anyone who is interested in this: skateboards are going to be your best friend for travelling quickly). The AI isn't the best in this game, but it does add to the responsibility that you have; so it really works in the game's favour. 

The game has many memorable fights and amazing bosses. How can you not appreciate this? 

Infinite Mode is boring -- the real meat of the game is in the regular campaign and Overtime Mode. Getting all of the survivors and the true ending is the best challenge that the game offers. Be sure to bring your Real Mega Buster. I don't even like zombies or zombie games or anything. This is just a very unique game -- and very classic Capcom. Plus, how can you argue with that platinum image? 

--

Next Project: Marvel Ultimate Alliance with @Deadly_Ha_Ha

L842289.png

• Like 3

wild-at-heart-nicholas.gif

If you haven't seen Wild at Heart it's a really insane movie and Nicolas Cage talks about his snakeskin jacket, which he says "is a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom."

Anyway that's insane dude, you really got in there. I'm glad you could find that experience for yourself again like this. MUA here we come

• Like 1