Post of strategies to pass nighmare

MANU1950

Hi guys: I leave this post so that each one can contribute certain strategies or tricks to be able to pass each level in the nightmare difficulty so that we can all help each other to overcome this challenge. I'm going to leave some that I only know about Act 1 because that's where I'm stuck and I can't get through.

1-1 maybe it is a good idea to use the pick on the bridge so as not to alert the horde

1-2 if you go back in the second encounter of the ogre it disappears.

1-3 the minigun the best place to leave it is at the waterfall

1-4 there is a shortcut dropping from the top of the ship but you need to have life because the fall can kill you.

1-5 I recommend using a barrel of gasoline at the entrance where the infected come out so they burn  in the beginning of the level

1-6 it is very useful to carry the letter to accelerate actions of use + karlee in the library

1-7 I guess you know that filling the pick room is the best strategy.

1-8

1-9 the same

1-10 the best is a speed mallet running while throwing grenades at the nests.

1-11 if you use a minigun near the fence you can jump over it when the horde comes.

1-12 the only thing to use is karlee + speed of use i dont know more tricks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having just finished the platinum I had great success still using a speed/mobility deck for act 2 and 3. Even though they have been nerfed a bit in the recent patch. 

Act 1 starts with so little cards I found doing it slowly was easier particularly the first 3 missions. 

There are a few great YouTube play throughs both speed running and slow play with useful set ups for nests and defense sections. 

Couple of tips,

If you are about die/ fail the run you can just ->options -> leave game and maintain your continues without failing the run. (Now that solo offline is available you can also back up save files now as well) 

The machine gun can block door ways against specials which I found useful in the act 8-2 blazing trails with the nest + toilets. 

ACT 4 is much harder to solo with bots. There seems to be an infinite horde both on the street and sometimes in the second phase in offline mode. I did this online with quick play 2nd try and was a breeze in comparison. 

Edited by Pes_anserinus

On 01/07/22 at 9:32 AM, Pes_anserinus said:

Having just finished the platinum I had great success still using a speed/mobility deck for act 2 and 3. Even though they have been nerfed a bit in the recent patch. 

Act 1 starts with so little cards I found doing it slowly was easier particularly the first 3 missions. 

There are a few great YouTube play throughs both speed running and slow play with useful set ups for nests and defense sections. 

Couple of tips,

If you are about die/ fail the run you can just ->options -> leave game and maintain your continues without failing the run. (Now that solo offline is available you can also back up save files now as well) 

The machine gun can block door ways against specials which I found useful in the act 8-2 blazing trails with the nest + toilets. 

ACT 4 is much harder to solo with bots. There seems to be an infinite horde both on the street and sometimes in the second phase in offline mode. I did this online with quick play 2nd try and was a breeze in comparison. 

I did Act 4 Nightmare with bots there wasn't a endless horde.

15 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

I did Act 4 Nightmare with bots there wasn't a endless horde.

I'm thinking it's potentially either a glitch or a hidden corruption card than can activate, I've finished it both solo and online with having both an infinite horde trigger or not having hordes trigger at all apart from the scripted ones.

Seems to me the AI Director still has a few bugs that need shaking out although it is much better than it used to be.

On 01/07/22 at 9:32 AM, Pes_anserinus said:

Couple of tips,

Someone recently reported that glitch it might be fixed next week.

On 01/09/22 at 6:52 AM, ObsceneSociopath said:

I'm thinking it's potentially either a glitch or a hidden corruption card than can activate, I've finished it both solo and online with having both an infinite horde trigger or not having hordes trigger at all apart from the scripted ones.

Seems to me the AI Director still has a few bugs that need shaking out although it is much better than it used to be.

I didn't use any glitches, I used solo online before offline mode released, solo online is also harder than offline mode since mutations spawn more and less copper. I don't recommended solo online because it is much harder than offline, if you played before offline mode release it was a bit easy. The devs also ruined the bots health with the trauma before bots get full health after each level now bots get half health after each level, You should collect almost every card you may have to use different builds in each act.

Edited by gamercris066

5 hours ago, gamercris066 said:

I didn't use any glitches, I used solo online before offline mode released, solo online is also harder than offline mode since mutations spawn more and less copper. I don't recommended solo online because it is much harder than offline, if you played before offline mode release it was a bit easy. The devs also ruined the bots health with the trauma before bots get full health after each level now bots get half health after each level, You should collect almost every card you may have to use different builds in each act.

I think you've misunderstood me. I don't mean a glitch that a player can trigger, I mean a glitch in the AI Director that spawns infinite hordes when it shouldn't which is why sometimes Act 4 has infinite hordes and other times it doesn't.

I already have the platinum so I'm not looking for help or tips, just stating what I've seen in my own experience or seen others also talk about.

• 4 months later...
On 2022-06-10 at 8:16 AM, gamercris066 said:

Play solo offline and use a melee deck for nightmare It makes it much easier. Sometimes you can fully heal the bots with the melee build.

On 2022-06-16 at 9:09 PM, WardenOfWisps said:

I used a speedy deck and bots. Wasn’t to bad at all really.  Just quit Before everyone dies and have infinite lives

Do you guys mind sharing the decks you used? I'm interested in trying this but I would rather use a deck I "know works" than trying to build my own. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 5:16 AM, chilly_schrimp said:

Do you guys mind sharing the decks you used? I'm interested in trying this but I would rather use a deck I "know works" than trying to build my own. :)

Lol add Me on pan so I don’t forget . I can message you it on there . Just to lazy to put the game in currently

On 6/20/2022 at 4:16 AM, chilly_schrimp said:

I recently completed all acts on Nightmare using the melee deck(s) from a YouTuber called Big Red. They have two melee builds that are viable. One of which I would recommend for Act 1 as that deck uses Screwdriver which is useful for the fortify windows and loading the cannon. In Act 4 I used their LMG build.

Deck for Act 1:

1. Meth Head
  2. Rythmic Breathing
  3. Berserker
  4. Battle Lust
  5. Adrenaline Fueled
  6. Brazen
  7. Motorcycle Helmet
  8. Batter Up
  9. Experienced EMT
  10. Screwdriver
  11. Slugger
  12. Spiky Bits
  13. Energy Bar
  14. Ignore The Pain
  15. Heavy Hitter

Here is the deck I used after Act 1:

1. Meth Head
  2. Brazen
  3. Slugger
  4. Adrenaline Fueled
  5. Rythmic Breathing
  6. Cross Trainers
  7. Energy Bar
  8. Natural Sprinter
  9. Berserker
  10. Mean Drunk
  11. Spiky Bits
  12. Heavy Hitter
  13. Battle Lust
  14. Face Your Fears
  15. Energy Drink

Here is a video of their melee build:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rcrharvick said:

Would love to get this deck build as well! Nightmare is the only thing keeping me from platinum.

Lol lemme look

i used evangelo

1. run like hell

2. Fleet of foot

3. mad dash

4. Dash

5. mag carrier

6. cross trainers

7. speed demon

8. hellfire

9. superior cardio

10. Rhythmic breathing

11. marathon runner

12. energy drink

13. combat knife

14. scar tissue 

15. silver bullets

13 and 14 can be whatever

Edited by WardenOfWisps
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2022-07-07 at 6:02 PM, nivasan6 said:

I recently completed all acts on Nightmare using the melee deck(s) from a YouTuber called Big Red. They have two melee builds that are viable. One of which I would recommend for Act 1 as that deck uses Screwdriver which is useful for the fortify windows and loading the cannon. In Act 4 I used their LMG build.

Deck for Act 1:

1. Meth Head
  2. Rythmic Breathing
  3. Berserker
  4. Battle Lust
  5. Adrenaline Fueled
  6. Brazen
  7. Motorcycle Helmet
  8. Batter Up
  9. Experienced EMT
  10. Screwdriver
  11. Slugger