Shake's Evolution

MissShake

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

Damn...the grind is finally over...

Big congrats xD glad you got rid of this headache of a game! MK X is not as bad as expected but wooo boy is the list a pain.

I am amazed we were able to be matched twice (thanks Ed Boon for doing this shit region locked 1f644.png) but alas, we were sabotaged by granola bars :(

Granola Bars really came for my head dude! It's nice that the game is off of my system but I think I'll make MK11 another one I go for soon so I can compare the adventures. Thanks again for holding out, those online trophies were pretty insane.

13 hours ago, Copanele said:

I can relate to that feeling. When you grind a game for so long, it feels surreal to finally finish it (looking at you Street Fighter 5 

SF5 is terrifying me. Sitting there on the backlog menacingly... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 7:57 AM, MissShake said:

My last Strive update was back in January. Since then, I believe four DLC characters have been released for this game? Three of the four were characters I really wanted back, and the other was Baiken! Look, I like Baiken, I just was like 95% sure she'd be in eventually so that no one can play as her! :P

why-would-you-say-something-so-controver

Bless Baiken. I got very happy that her and her...ahem, sword and eyepatch are in the game. No guilty gear without Baiken!

Total matches played as Baiken: 0

Gotta respect the traditions xD 
Also congratulations for the platinum! I knew you could beat Nagoriyuki after all, it was just out of nowhere! 

I ended up using Ky (my main, I'm too loyal) and used the throw trick, but no pause buffering. I wasn't having luck bum rushing the throws, I found that playing a bit more patient against Nagoryuki worked better for me, and while it took me WAY too many tries I still managed it. I haven't had the rush of adrenaline from beating something in a long time, you know when you're done with something tough and you find yourself shaking from the accomplishment? Yeah that was your girl here. Such a good feeling, and I can't wait until I feel it again!

I gotta respect Arcsys for adding an arcade game boss that feels like the bosses of old. I mean, Nago ain't like Gold Order Sol...but he really can kick your ass until you figure his stuff out.

As for the overall Strive experience... I think I like the gameplay of the Xrd games a bit more, but that doesn't mean Strive is bad at all. It's such a fluid game to look at, and the cast? My lord, it's perfect. If you include the newest DLC characters then you basically have every character I really care about (except for Zappa) in the game. 

Aw, no love for contortionist phantom man :(

...yeah I don't think I would like Zappa back either xD he was the "ehh...why?" kind of weird.

Give me Robo-Ky instead!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6b4219/L6b024a.png

I have made a LOT of progress in MK11. I only need three more trophies before the plat pops, so you could say I've been grinding on this. Did have a few fun experiences to talk about in here! I made a Noob Saibot player ragequit against me! That was fun. He was just spamming that teleport and I'd throw him after every one of them. Then when I decided to Mercy him he disconnected. My face was about this:

https://i.imgur.com/xozL9SR.jpg

@Copanele claims that every time a Noob Saibot rage quits an angel gets its wings, and I am glad to be of service to the heavens.

I do promote peace and enjoyment in online fighting games....not when it comes to Noob Saibot. Get his phantom spamming ass out!

You made a Noob Saibot ragequit, that definitely counts as 2 wins!!

As for why I'm left with three trophies... Well I just need the story stuff and the Strategy Tutorials. I'm saving the story for last as kind of a goodbye to MK for a while, but damn those Strategy Tutorials are no joke. I think I'm realistically like two thirds done with them, but fuck they are really a lot for my brain to comprehend. Anyone have tips? I'm all ears!

Switch to positive edge and...I don't think there's much timing involved in that one? Except Barakka's perfect blocking thing, that tutorial was a headache

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, Copanele said:

why-would-you-say-something-so-controver

Bless Baiken. I got very happy that her and her...ahem, sword and eyepatch are in the game. No guilty gear without Baiken!

Total matches played as Baiken: 0

Gotta respect the traditions xD 
Also congratulations for the platinum! I knew you could beat Nagoriyuki after all, it was just out of nowhere!

I gotta respect Arcsys for adding an arcade game boss that feels like the bosses of old. I mean, Nago ain't like Gold Order Sol...but he really can kick your ass until you figure his stuff out.

Baiken is a classic and I love her! I just have zero motivation to play as her when I could play as literally anyone else X)

Thanks, man! It was an eventuality, just needed a day where I felt that motivation X)

On 12/3/2022 at 8:18 AM, Copanele said:

Switch to positive edge and...I don't think there's much timing involved in that one? Except Barakka's perfect blocking thing, that tutorial was a headache

Yeaaah I saw the strings for Baraka's tutorials and I was like "...oh boy." Baraka is also such a shit character, I don't wanna learn really anything for him X)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Just now, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Well done on getting a PS5. 

Me and my brother have spent hours on that SF6 Beta, love it to pieces. By the way your created character carries over to the full game so I made sure to spend a lot of time tweaking.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that! I just went with a default and gave her different hair/made her a bit shorter and she just came out looking like she had massive boobs xD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Oh interesting, I didn't know that! I just went with a default and gave her different hair/made her a bit shorter and she just came out looking like she had massive boobs xD

Sounds about right. Wish I could put on a top hat ?. I have made a gentleman with the dandiest of curly moustache's ?

• Like 2

Oh man I totally forgot that sf6 demo is up, should pick it up when I get home ? Luke finally looks like an actual human being and not...whatever kind of abomination he was in SF5. 

At least I am pretty convinced that it will be a day 1 purchase now. This game looks like the future.

17 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Sounds about right. Wish I could put on a top hat ?. I have made a gentleman with the dandiest of curly moustache's 1f605.png

Nobody can stop us from bringing back Dudley now ?

• Like 3

On 29/04/2023 at 8:30 AM, Copanele said:

Oh man I totally forgot that sf6 demo is up, should pick it up when I get home 1f606.png Luke finally looks like an actual human being and not...whatever kind of abomination he was in SF5. 

At least I am pretty convinced that it will be a day 1 purchase now. This game looks like the future.

Nobody can stop us from bringing back Dudley now 1f602.png

Only fellow Dudley fans know about this.

https://youtu.be/76MNVXkzHSg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a silly goofy thing...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3f1b55/La8a427.png

I started up the latest version of UNIB! Even though I already have the plat from the version of this game that was on the EVO main stage! Why, you may ask? Well because I felt like it, and who am I to deny what the heart wants lol.

I originally said this list was pretty easy and... Well I was right. I started this list a few days ago, and I'm already close to done. Everything that's left is either a money grind or based on the story mode. Last time I played this I ignored the story, so I'm thinking that this time I'll go ahead and pay attention. I wonder how it compares to other fighting game stories ?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi friends, I've got some updates coming your way!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3f1b55/La8a427.png

First of all, I've been making progress in the Chronicle Mode of Under Night. It's been slow going because holy fuck it is boring. While I understand that this mode serves as a prologue to Arcade Mode, it really feels like absolutely nothing happens. Most of the chapters are unnecessarily long-winded and have at least one section that could be removed with nothing lost. The characters are all cool design-wise, of course, but in the story they range from being "oh I guess he's kind of cool" to the Chronicles actively ruining my opinion of the character. Take Byakuya, for example. In the Arcade mode I liked playing as him, liked his design, thought he was pretty all right! But then the Chronicle happens...

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/sMKDsz4.png

You see that girl he has pics of behind him? Well that's his "sister." She's dead and he's mourning her, so apparently he thinks it's totally normal to be like "oh I love and miss my dear sister!!! Anyway let's hang up a picture of her in a fucking bikini, that's not unhinged at all!" Sure, the game hints at her not being related to him, but uhhhhhhh it's still really fucking weird to act like that while still calling her sister. I guess I could chalk it up to good old Japan? Whatever.

I still have a bit of a ways to go with the Chronicle Mode, I'm in the home stretch of it really. I guess at least Seth looks cool and he's coming soon? Yeah let's go with that.

IN BETTER NEWS!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/f6b6f6/L00ec1b.png

Yo gurl is in that Street Fighter 6 gang. More specifically...

jamie-streetfighter6-gif.gif

Yo gurl is in the Jamie gang. How effective of a member am I? Probably not that effective! I've spent most of my time goofing the fuck off and I really only know how he works/got no combos going on, but I'm having fun! The honest truth is that I'm a bit obsessed with World Tour, so really getting serious into SF6 isn't what I'm really doing right now. When I play Jamie it's basically this:

https://i.redd.it/y3desn6jhe4b1.jpg

Is there really anything wrong with that? Personally I think not, especially since I'm having fun :D

World Tour is almost done, so I'm thinking I'll write a bit about it when I'm finished with it. There's a LOT to say about how that mode works, how it helps players learn more about fighting games, how it has fucking lore and makes me care about characters I've never once given a shit about, so we're just gonna save that post for another day. Look forward to it :D

• Like 3

Damn, when I first played Byakuya I thought "heh a nice rekka character, sweet combos"

And then I saw his backstory and I noped hard, miss me with that siscon trope. Akatsuki shall remain the goat in Under Night for me xD 

12 hours ago, MissShake said:

https://i.redd.it/y3desn6jhe4b1.jpg

You know it's true ?? dear god I laughed so much playing as Jamie! Gotta palm shit! And grandma's vodk--medicinal plant based drink.

Fucking amazing game, I can't get enough of it xD 

1 hour ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

SF6 is already goated. Fighting in this game is so smooth. World Tour is a silly distraction for me at best but I do enjoy the additional lore I get to read up on the main cast. Chun-Li's thick legs concersation was the highlight for me 1f605.png

World Tour is the perfect example of "we didn't have to do this, but hell, here, an actually GOOD story with a fun gameplay mode, go wild!" and I thank Capcom for that

I lost my shit when I met Retsu and he started rambling about Street Fighter 1 lore xD there's so much love put in this game, so many references, even Darkstalkers references (Capcom pls!)

• Like 2

Hi guys! Short update, but a sort of important one.

With the reveal of MK1 I've done a little bit of soul searching. This checklist is fun, as it should be, but you know what I don't find fun? NRS games. Playing these games for this list has taught me what I do and do not like in the genre, and MK just... Isn't it for me. With that I think I will be dropping the rule that says I have to complete every upcoming game. Don't worry, I'll still go back for Injustice 1 and 2, as well as finally finish out MK11, but for upcoming games I will only add what interests me! SF6 interests me, Tekken 8 interests me, but MK1? Absolutely not.

I have completed World Tour mode, so you should expect an actual update from me soon!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MissShake said:

Hi guys! Short update, but a sort of important one.

With the reveal of MK1 I've done a little bit of soul searching. This checklist is fun, as it should be, but you know what I don't find fun? NRS games.

All I can say is

indiana-jones-last-crusade.gif

Still wishing the best of luck for Injustice 1 xD 

• Like 2

Alright, I caved.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3f1b55/trophies/1Lb87579.png

Rebirth of a Champion
Unlocked all Trophies for UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r].

I tried, guys. I tried reading through the Chronicle Mode. But in the end I just couldn't do it. The story was told in such a bland way, the sprites all have the same poses with just facial expressions swapped out, there's so many damn typos, and nothing fucking happens in this story. I started up the Waldstein story a day or so after I finished Street Fighter 6's World Tour mode and I just turned it off. I tried again yesterday and found I wasn't even a bit hesitant to press the speed-up button. Maybe someday I'll find some YouTube video that sums up what I missed, but as of right now... Nah.

It's a shame, because the rest of the trophy list is just as good as I remember! You guys know I love a list that requires you to check out everything the game has to offer, so safe to say that Under Night's list really scratches that particular itch for me. I was shocked at how easy the trials for this game felt, though. I feel like maybe Under Night's inputs are a little more lax than some of the other trials I've done, quite frankly I breezed through the required trials with minimal issues. (Maybe... I'm getting better? Nah... Nah it can't be that, I'm still SO bad lol.)

Is it just me or is the money grind more intense than I expected? You have to buy a LOT of stuff for this plat, and it took me a while to get everything I needed. Even after setting my good old turbo up the game took a good while to get all of the necessary money. Maybe that's why my plat time for [st] was around seven months... Back then I didn't have a turbo, and quite frankly there's only so many runs of arcade and survival one can do before getting incredibly bored.

I'd say this plat is still worth it, though. Under Night is an underrated (heh) series that I wish more people gave a shot. Just skip the white bread that is Chronicle Mode, and you'll enjoy the ride!

Then again, Chronicle Mode had an unfair comparison point...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/f6b6f6/La521f7.png

It's been a bit, but I've finished the World Tour mode! Gonna be real with you, I was absolutely obsessed with this mode. It's impressive how much effort Capcom put into World Tour, like they went "yes we know you didn't like how little single player there was in SF5, here's two towns to explore and a beat-em-up mode that doesn't make you wanna commit murder like Granblue!" Yeah, in the end your matches are like 75% beat-em-up styled encounters, but there's so much more to it.

To start you make your avatar and train under Luke for a bit with the fellow newbie Bosch. After some shenanigans and Bosch being a little dramatic diva, you take to the streets and just... Well you fight. You run around finding returning characters, learn new moves from them, beat up the Mad Gear gang, buy gifts for your waifus-I mean your masters, and get cool clothes so you can make your character look cooler! (Or more like an abomination, your choice!)  I spent about twenty four hours in this mode before I beat the main story, so right there you know that this mode isn't just some small little thing that they tacked on to make us casuals happy. There is so much to do in WT that I still find myself going back in to see what I can find! Plus I love the fact that this mode is the way you unlock the second costumes without having to spend real money, and it's even better that it's locked behind giving your masters gifts to up their affection. Just something really funny about that to me.

I have so much I want to say about this mode that it's a bit suffocating. Like where do I even really start? The mini games and the way they teach mechanics to newbies without a text-heavy tutorial? The story's ending and how it made me lose my shit? The amount of lore that's hidden in the crevices of Metro City? I really don't know, so I'll be honest... I think I won't start going into it all in this post! WT genuinely has me thinking about an analysis of single player modes in fighting games, so I might save all of my complete thoughts for that. The main point is that I got all the trophies for this pseudo-DLC done! No trophy in this mode is particularly tough, but I do recommend that you save some items for the last string of fights. They aren't impossible, but they aren't pushovers either.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MissShake said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/f6b6f6/La521f7.png

It's been a bit, but I've finished the World Tour mode! Gonna be real with you, I was absolutely obsessed with this mode. It's impressive how much effort Capcom put into World Tour, like they went "yes we know you didn't like how little single player there was in SF5, here's two towns to explore and a beat-em-up mode that doesn't make you wanna commit murder like Granblue!" Yeah, in the end your matches are like 75% beat-em-up styled encounters, but there's so much more to it.

To start you make your avatar and train under Luke for a bit with the fellow newbie Bosch. After some shenanigans and Bosch being a little dramatic diva, you take to the streets and just... Well you fight. You run around finding returning characters, learn new moves from them, beat up the Mad Gear gang, buy gifts for your waifus-I mean your masters, and get cool clothes so you can make your character look cooler! (Or more like an abomination, your choice!)  I spent about twenty four hours in this mode before I beat the main story, so right there you know that this mode isn't just some small little thing that they tacked on to make us casuals happy. There is so much to do in WT that I still find myself going back in to see what I can find! Plus I love the fact that this mode is the way you unlock the second costumes without having to spend real money, and it's even better that it's locked behind giving your masters gifts to up their affection. Just something really funny about that to me.

I have so much I want to say about this mode that it's a bit suffocating. Like where do I even really start? The mini games and the way they teach mechanics to newbies without a text-heavy tutorial? The story's ending and how it made me lose my shit? The amount of lore that's hidden in the crevices of Metro City? I really don't know, so I'll be honest... I think I won't start going into it all in this post! WT genuinely has me thinking about an analysis of single player modes in fighting games, so I might save all of my complete thoughts for that. The main point is that I got all the trophies for this pseudo-DLC done! No trophy in this mode is particularly tough, but I do recommend that you save some items for the last string of fights. They aren't impossible, but they aren't pushovers either.

While it annoyed a few people ,I personally loved World Tour. Making your own atrocity of a fighter aside...I still keep finding references and hints about the old games and I do love references in videogames!

Also World Tour somehow became a dating sim at that point and HELL YEAH I AM GOING TO BRING GIFTS TO JURI! 

Capcom really didn't have to do this, but thank the frames on block they did <3 

• Like 1