Shake's Evolution

MissShake

So I have started up an old backlog favorite in earnest...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/L386d80.png

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/30Se4b7ce.png Tie Your M.O.M. Down - [Player Match] Fought in a room set to M.O.M. mode.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/31Se96e2d.png We're Getting The Band Back Together - [Player Match] Played the online training.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/18Scf28f8.png Training Kept A Rolling - [TRAINING] Trained for more than 1 hour.

I have a boosting partner ready for this grindfest of a game, and today we mostly focused on getting him the 100 player matches. But I did get to do a couple of misc trophies that I just never got to pop, so it looks like I might be in for the long haul for these online trophies. The gap between this trophy and the first one I popped for this game... Seven year, eight months. Yikes. I really needed to get this backlog game done!

• Like 4

Got all of the online for Guilty Gear Sign done!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/24Sf1fe23.png Single - [Ranked Match] Promoted to Rank 11.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/25S6ecd82.png Album - [Ranked Match] Fought a total of 100 matches.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/26S4d6410.png World Tour - [Ranked Match] Defeated a higher ranked opponent.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/27Sa79b56.png Everyone's A Critic - [Player Match] Made 50 comments while spectating Player Matches.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/61a52a/trophies/33S70fe5f.png I'll Be Watching You - [Player Match] Observed 10 matches.

That was a bit of a grind, but it's nothing too awful. Having a good boosting partner definitely helped in this case, especially because the game has been dead for quite some time. Thanks @Yuber6969 for the reference... And being our punching bag for the player match stuff lol. I'm hoping to keep getting all of the online trophies done for each of these games, maybe by the end of the year I won't have anything online to worry about. We can only hope though, I still have to start the SF games to get on.
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2022 at 5:55 AM, MissShake said:

This is all I really got out of the story mode:

1) Wow Goku is stupid.

I think that's kinda the conclusion of every arc in Dragon Ball Z/Super, starting with Cell saga xD why is Goku so braindead??Maybe he has no room with all those muscles that he needs for Kaioken x69

But yeah from what I heard, Dragon Ball FighterZ story is especially dumb. Not like people could focus that much, given that Android 21 was strutting around :D

8 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Got all of the online for Guilty Gear Sign done!

Congrats for that! 

Thoughts and prayers for when you will start the SF4 grind xD 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, MissShake said:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/89b8bf/trophies/1Laf9e9a.png

Trophy Triumphant
Acquire all trophies.

Big congrats on the platinum! You've been at it for quite some time :D 

The plat killer is the Set For Life trophy, which requires earning 20 million zeni. There are glitches for this that will help make this process a little easier. I was a dumbass and did not use these glitches. This means I had better be ready for the long haul. Dreams and this game were the main reasons I ended up investing in a turbo controller. It became routine for me to boot my PS4 up and then get DBFZ all set up to turbo while I surfed the web. I would turbo for a bit, get some other trophies done, turbo, finish up the story mode, turbo, get the BP trophy out of the way, turbo, turbo, maybe do some of the daily challenges, turbo, turbo. I slept with this game on. I never do that. But this is a slow process, so I really didn't have much of a choice. Finally it hit a point where I was so close that I did one of the Dojo Tournaments, and pop! There it was, along with my shiny plat.

Yeah...I admit when I saw the workaround, I instantly popped that stupid trophy in like 15 minutes. It was nasty of me, but damn I hate how fighting games nowadays just ask for millions of currency and they  reward you with like 3 pennies per match.

Street Fighter 5 is even worse than DBFZ in that regard...

You probably noticed that in the zeni grind process I didn't really spend a lot of time playing this game. You might argue that I would've had this plat quicker if I did. Simply put, that's because I just didn't like the game very much. I'm not exactly the target audience for this and I know that. Maybe if I was a huge Dragon Ball fan I'd have been all over this game. But I'm not, and so that just leaves this game as the most mid Arcsys game I've ever played. Just look at what's required for this challenge: Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. All of these games are way more fun and interesting to me than anything in DBFZ... But I also can't help but wonder if I'd feel differently if the Set For Life trophy didn't exist. Story mode was cheesy, but I could see the appeal in it. Trials are always fun. Arcade is a classic mode for a reason, tutorials are really essential for new players, hell I even appreciate that this game makes you sample all of the online modes. But that one trophy made this game a slog, much like the Granblue trophy for getting the Luminiera Blade, and it really sucks.

Same feelings about the game for me. It's a great Dragon Ball game...but I did not enjoy it as a fighting game. Those weird dashes, the mashing of the square button, 11 flavors of Goku... it kinda felt like a slog to be honest. Plus the story mode fried my brain for some reason, it was so dumb even for DBZ standards.

At least we got a Drip Goku mod on PC so I guess that's a good point :D 

dragon-ball-z-fighterz.gif

I guess that's what we sign up for when we become trophy hunters, though. Sometimes a list just isn't fun, sometimes it actively takes the fun out of hunting, sometimes devs just don't care about us. Sometimes we maybe just shouldn't go for the plat at all. But you and I both know that's not an option. I think I'm gonna play something a little bit lighter not that this grindfest is done.

Well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...even if it means grinding for millions of zeni while asleep and then cry when you see the electric bill :D 

Again, big congrats for this one! 

5 hours ago, MissShake said:

I guess that's what we sign up for when we become trophy hunters, though. Sometimes a list just isn't fun, sometimes it actively takes the fun out of gaming, sometimes devs just don't care about us. Sometimes we maybe just shouldn't go for the plat at all. But you and I both know that's not an option. I think I'm gonna play something a little bit lighter now that this grindfest is done.

Man I feel that, there are some trophy lists that can actually bring down my game rating. Since it's really hard at times to separate how I feel about the game and the trophy challenges I had to undertake. There's something about the challenge offered that just drives us to try and beat it, I've felt that call several times. I still remember the struggle to get Killer Croc into the arena to fight me in Arkham Knight on Iceberg Lounge, trying desperately to maintain that 300+ combo to get him to fight me. I still recall the tedious grind for 10K Kills in Resistance 2's online and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine's 40K kill trophy. I still relive the months long nightmare that was Surgeon Simulator, getting A++ on all those surgeries. I vividly remember the multiple whoopings I took off of the Forgotten One in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. And of course I can't forget that tedious grind for the 'Truly Awesome' trophy on Rayman Legends.

And just recently I still relive dying to Necromorphs, just before I reached the first store in Dead Space 2 on Hard Core difficulty and knowing I'll have to sit through that intro cutscene again...

I hope you play something fun to just chill and earn the trophies as you go. Constantly grinding hard trophy challenges can wear you down. Maybe revisit Psychonauts, Transistor and Shadow of the Colossus on PS4? Or continue with Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus?

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

Big congrats on the platinum! You've been at it for quite some time :D 

Yeah...I admit when I saw the workaround, I instantly popped that stupid trophy in like 15 minutes. It was nasty of me, but damn I hate how fighting games nowadays just ask for millions of currency and they  reward you with like 3 pennies per match.

Street Fighter 5 is even worse than DBFZ in that regard...

Same feelings about the game for me. It's a great Dragon Ball game...but I did not enjoy it as a fighting game. Those weird dashes, the mashing of the square button, 11 flavors of Goku... it kinda felt like a slog to be honest. Plus the story mode fried my brain for some reason, it was so dumb even for DBZ standards.

At least we got a Drip Goku mod on PC so I guess that's a good point :D 

dragon-ball-z-fighterz.gif

Well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...even if it means grinding for millions of zeni while asleep and then cry when you see the electric bill :D 

Again, big congrats for this one! 

Two years, man... According to PSNP I've been at it on and off for two years. God that deletion was so satisfying.

See that's the problem: the amount of zeni they give is just too little. You're breaking my heart by reminding me that SF has this problem too... Really not looking forward to getting serious with that series.

I'm really jealous of the PC now, because that does look way better ?

Thanks again! I don't know how my electric is gonna look this month, but let's cross our fingers and hope they're nice to me lol.

49 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

Man I feel that, there are some trophy lists that can actually bring down my game rating. Since it's really hard at times to separate how I feel about the game and the trophy challenges I had to undertake. There's something about the challenge offered that just drives us to try and beat it, I've felt that call several times. I still remember the struggle to get Killer Croc into the arena to fight me in Arkham Knight on Iceberg Lounge, trying desperately to maintain that 300+ combo to get him to fight me. I still recall the tedious grind for 10K Kills in Resistance 2's online and Warhammer 40k: Space Marine's 40K kill trophy. I still relive the months long nightmare that was Surgeon Simulator, getting A++ on all those surgeries. I vividly remember the multiple whoopings I took off of the Forgotten One in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. And of course I can't forget that tedious grind for the 'Truly Awesome' trophy on Rayman Legends.

And just recently I still relive dying to Necromorphs, just before I reached the first store in Dead Space 2 on Hard Core difficulty and knowing I'll have to sit through that intro cutscene again...

I hope you play something fun to just chill and earn the trophies as you go. Constantly grinding hard trophy challenges can wear you down. Maybe revisit Psychonauts, Transistor and Shadow of the Colossus on PS4? Or continue with Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus?

Sounds like you need something chill too, damn all of those sound awful. Especially because the Arkham games are on my eventual to-do list... Yeah next is probably just Sly Cooper, I have another fairly difficult plat lined up for my 100th plat so I'll need some nostalgia to heal my soul a bit lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Sounds like you need something chill too, damn all of those sound awful. Especially because the Arkham games are on my eventual to-do list... Yeah next is probably just Sly Cooper, I have another fairly difficult plat lined up for my 100th plat so I'll need some nostalgia to heal my soul a bit lol.

I mean the games themselves aren't awful, just some of these trophy challenges are a bit much. Okay excessively excessive for the 40k/10k kill trophies And the A++ performance on the goofy Surgeon Simulator. Thankfully for the Arkham Games, you won't need to beat Croc in the Iceberg Lounge for the platinum. But you will have to if you want to achieve 100% completion. The second worst was Chill in the Air, which is also DLC related. Good luck with Sly Cooper, I enjoyed my playthroughs of the series a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why does this game gotta suck so bad?

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/58Se81c99.pngStay Back - Play an Invasion Boss fight

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/60S710cba.pngINVASION - Complete an Invasion Tower

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/61Sc883d8.pngCan't Stop This - Win an Invasion 1v1 fight

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/59Sadb9e0.pngDIE WILL YOU - Deal 1,000 total hits during Invasion Boss fights

Invasion trophies are done. Genuinely fuck off with this trophy list. I disliked DBFZ's grind, same with Granblue's shit, but this? Kindly get out of my face with this.

"What's an Invasion?" I hear some of you asking. Well. Sometimes, when NRS feels like it, these things called Invasions show up, and you have to scramble to fight through a tower, pray for an Invasion 1v1, and bash your head against the wall that is the Invasion Boss. You have four trophies that are required for this mode, which sucks because the last time this mode was active was... *checks notes* Close to a year ago? It was by some miracle active last week, but I'm a dumbass and missed that one since it had been so long I just sort of assumed this mode was done, and off of my PS4 this game went. To top it off, when this mode is active you only have twenty four hours to complete what needs to be done for the trophies. "What if you have a job? What if you're working? What if work was exhausting and I just need to rest after my long day?" The answer is simple: fuck you. Deal with it. How dare you have a life? You don't deserve these trophies anyway.

Anyway, it's 11pm. I'm chilling. Playing a visual novel about hot anime men. Then my Discord goes off and I see a message from @Copanele that simply said "YO" and had a screenshot attached saying that Invasions were on in MKX. I freaked the fuck out and long story short I went from looking at this:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1a251dee717f2e1a4f286624e7e82dd4/b49168f32833a5f2-32/s540x810/6ef4ba12a5ffaea01f228a5b67c51e451deaa1b9.pnj

Middle guy is very ?

To this:

https://www.fightersgeneration.com/np5/char/boraicho-mka-face.jpg

This guy is not very ?

Yeah. To make this whole fucking hunt even worse the Invasion Boss was fucking Bo Rai Cho. I could've been reading about hot samurai men, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I get to look at Bo Rai Cho's goofy ass. I get to deal with fart combos and unnecessary throw up instead of playing a game I actually like. No one really told me how fucking ANNOYING Invasion Bosses were, so I jumped in and... Didn't land a single hit. Oh fucking joy. After that demoralizing loss, I went ahead and finished up my other trophies. Then I got annoyed and took a break, messaged my friend. Went back to the boss, found a tactic that worked for me (Jacqui, QCF triangle, pray your x-ray hits), then got bored again and went back to messaging with my buddy. Finally, after a couple hours, it was all done. I'm SO glad all you need for that trophy is to hit the boss 1k times. Not kill, I'm pretty sure that's actually impossible, but hit him. And even that fucking suuucked. This trophy list sucks. I'm frustrated I still have online stuff I gotta do, but for now? Back to hot anime men.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Invasion trophies are done. Genuinely fuck off with this trophy list. I disliked DBFZ's grind, same with Granblue's shit, but this? Kindly get out of my face with this.

Yeah, this is what I was worried about. ?

Saw the post yesterday in the Invasion thread, and actually had a good ten seconds of thought about whether to start MKX. Luckily I talked myself out of that one pretty quickly; I would have deserved every bit of ridicule my friend groups would have given me if I had actually jumped in, lol.

11 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Yeah. To make this whole fucking hunt even worse the Invasion Boss was fucking Bo Rai Cho. I could've been reading about hot samurai men, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I get to look at Bo Rai Cho's goofy ass.

Stopping your visual novel to grind a shitty Invasion Boss be like

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Yeah, this is what I was worried about. ?

Saw the post yesterday in the Invasion thread, and actually had a good ten seconds of thought about whether to start MKX. Luckily I talked myself out of that one pretty quickly; I would have deserved every bit of ridicule my friend groups would have given me if I had actually jumped in, lol.

I say this as a friend who respects you and wants what's best for you. Do not play this game. The ONLY reason I started this is because of this goddamn challenge. Play something good. Read a nice visual novel instead ?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Anyway, it's 11pm. I'm chilling. Playing a visual novel about hot anime men. Then my Discord goes off and I see a message from @Copanele that simply said "YO" and had a screenshot attached saying that Invasions were on in MKX.

Poor innocent Shake was relaxing and admiring the Forbidden Fruits of the East.

Then I show up "IT"S INVASION TIME"

kiryu-kicks-door-yakuza.gif

Pretty fun, not gonna lie xD 

(You still have to do the secret fight tower :awesome:)

38 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

If you do start it, you will experience a world of pure joy <3 

clown.gif

Sorry, I have a .gif thing today xD Congratulations again @MissShake, I am waiting for the final review :>

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Poor innocent Shake was relaxing and admiring the Forbidden Fruits of the East.

Then I show up "IT"S INVASION TIME"

kiryu-kicks-door-yakuza.gif

Pretty fun, not gonna lie xD 

(You still have to do the secret fight tower :awesome:)

Wait... What if the true Forbidden Fruit of the East was Bo Rai Cho himself... ? (Calling anime men Forbidden Fruits of the East has be dead ngl lmfao.)

THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF THAT WOW YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD FRIEND!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this. The Invasion trophies are a nightmare tbh.

Of course being the big fan MK fan I am I did this quite early on in the lifespan of the game and dragging this mode up every so few months in a year must be really annoying when you may not be around to get it done in a small window of time they give you.

Still, fantastic fighting game. One of the best of the PS4 generation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Halloween! I've been going nuts on MKX lately... I guess that's a good Halloween game? Jason and Leatherface and Alien are in it, so I guess it counts lol. Since I last updated this thread with my WONDERFUL Invasion experience I've earned twenty four trophies, and I plan to get at least a couple more done today. I have all of the XL trophies done now (thanks to @Copanele 's help I got the annoying Bo Rai Cho one done too, just wish the game would be nicer and connect me with him online more so I can get the ten win streak done with) so 100% is well within my reach at this point. I'll go ahead and post all of the URs that are now done:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/27Sdd35ff.pngJuggernaut: Win 5 Tower Battles

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/65Sb9a87e.pngLands-Down: Don't perform a Kombo over 4 hits with Bo' Rai Cho and win a complete Online Ranked 1v1 match

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/6Sa7829b.pngChallenge Accepted: Win a single Tower Challenge

I really owe a lot of these to Copanele. He's really been the moral support in this game's shitty online trophies, consistently helping me out. He even used a US based account to try and help with ranked wins. We only managed three before the servers decided that we weren't worthy to be matched anymore, but I really appreciate the effort.

I think the biggest problem with this game is the online trophies. There's quite a few trophies that are UR that don't require online so maybe that's a bit of a surprise, but honestly I think those trophies are all very doable. Maybe they're a bit grindy, but I kind of find some of the grind to be fairly chill. Like the fifty Living Towers and fifty Modifiers trophies: your living towers change every hour, and they each have different modifiers that you earn from them. I find it weirdly relaxing to boot the game up, check the living tower, get the tower done if I need it, and then close the game for a bit while I go do something else. It might start getting annoying soon, I have unlocked quite a few modifiers and I assume repeats are gonna be more frequent soon. But as of right now, it's feeling pretty low-key. The online really is the problem. It's glitchy, inconsistent, and overall just annoying. Like the Challenge Accepted trophy, for example. It's an easy mode, you just do a tower and try to get the highest score possible. Then you can send it to a friend to see how their score fares. You of course have to beat their score for the trophy, which shouldn't be too much to ask, but scores frequently glitch into numbers that go into the millions, even billions. I had to use this method to get this trophy done, but of course even this only worked after three failed attempts. And I know I did the proper method and everything! Fucking annoying.

It honestly is starting to take away from the game. Again, I know that trophy hunting can really ruin some games, but without the glitchy online I feel like this game would be totally fine. I still don't really understand the hype behind the series: yes I know it's a klassik (lol) series with all sorts of history, much of it being important to gaming in general, but I just don't really have any feelings toward it. The gameplay is fine I guess, I do hate having to hold a button to block but other than that it's an okay game. I don't feel attached to any of the characters much. They're fine I suppose. The coolest designs are like... Jacqui, Kitana, and Kenshi. And the story mode? I'm half done with it and I can't say I have any opinions on it except that they really didn't have to make Kung Jin that annoying. Again, I wouldn't say that MKX is bad, really. At least the story mode is about the fighting game and not a weird beat-em-up mode, and I do think the art direction of the series is distinct to MK. Nothing looks quite like it. But if I were to rank it based on all the games I've currently finished leading up to and for this challenge I think it'd be right in the middle. That's liable to change, maybe the story picks up at the end! Maybe something just clicks in the gameplay! Or maybe the grind becomes too much and the game falls down the list. But right now? Game is perfectly fine, just really gotta hate that online.

• Like 2

Congrats!!Heh you are very welcome, I am pestering you with this dumb game just because I know how much of a headache it was to complete xD and if they pull a klassic (heh) "whoops servers are nuked soz my b" the same way MK9 was, it would hurt to see this one being unobtainable.

At least you're done with the stupid invasion...

You kinda pointed out all of my issues with Mortal Kombat X ? the "NO REMATCHES" online, the random matchmaking (I was paired with some 1000+ wins behemoth of a player while I had 1 win and 4 losses), the fact that you have to BLOCK VIA R2 WHAT THE HELL NETHERREALM, IMPLEMENT A DIRECTIONAL BLOCKING BUTTON LIKE NORMAL DEVELOPERS-- ahem. And Kung Jin. Which I will gladly call Kung Jim now cause it definitely increases his character value from 0 to 0.5.

Best of luck with the rest of them :> maybe one day we won't be matched with THAT_GRANOLA_BAR again xD 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Congrats!!Heh you are very welcome, I am pestering you with this dumb game just because I know how much of a headache it was to complete xD and if they pull a klassic (heh) "whoops servers are nuked soz my b" the same way MK9 was, it would hurt to see this one being unobtainable.

At least you're done with the stupid invasion...

You kinda pointed out all of my issues with Mortal Kombat X 1f602.png the "NO REMATCHES" online, the random matchmaking (I was paired with some 1000+ wins behemoth of a player while I had 1 win and 4 losses), the fact that you have to BLOCK VIA R2 WHAT THE HELL NETHERREALM, IMPLEMENT A DIRECTIONAL BLOCKING BUTTON LIKE NORMAL DEVELOPERS-- ahem. And Kung Jin. Which I will gladly call Kung Jim now cause it definitely increases his character value from 0 to 0.5.

Best of luck with the rest of them :> maybe one day we won't be matched with THAT_GRANOLA_BAR again xD 

God, that's my biggest fear right now. I only need ONE online trophy, so if they can keep it together for a bit that'd really help. I know that Invasions are regularly back now, so maybe I don't have much to worry about? We'll have to see ig...

No rematches is baffling. We could've been even closer to that ten win streak, but nooooooooooooo. NRS makes some weird decisions. I guess at least the block via R2 makes the game unique? Maybe that's what they're going for lol.

In my restless dreams... I see that username... THAT_GRANOLA_BAR.

• Like 1

Got a handful of URs since my last post!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/34Sd0aa61.pngKnockout: Perform a 10 hit combo with every character

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/43S8d7e90.pngWell Rounded: Play every character variation

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/41Scde025.pngMaster: Win a single complete match with every character variation

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/54S967bea.pngThe Kollector: Unlock 50 Kustom Kombat Modifiers

None of these were particularly tough, but I did have Well Rounded and Master glitch on me. I attempted these trophies when I was boosting some of the online, but then those two just never popped so I went ahead and ran through the roster again. Popped after I did one of Kenshi's variations! There's a cool trick for the Knockout trophy that came with modifiers, which you need for The Kollector trophy, so it really just feels like everything in this section of the plat journey is sort of starting to intertwine properly. I enjoyed these URs! Even though the game glitched on me I still like that these trophies are on the list. I've mentioned before that the Modifiers grind is fairly relaxing, plus I think going through the entire roster in a game like this can only be a boon. Like... Ed Boon. Hahaha... Ha.

I also did this:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/18S50def9.pngThere is a Ruler: Complete 100% of Story Mode

No comments on the story mode. It's pretty korny (yes with a k) and that's fine, but I think in this case I'd appreciate it more if I was with the series from the beginning. How did Johnny's goofy ass land Sonya? That's all I gotta say about the story lmao.

Besides that, though... Guys... I'm about to say something that's gonna shock you. I... I think I'm starting to like MKX. I can't tell if it's Stockholm Syndrome or if something finally clicked, but I find myself booting the game up a lot and never really dreading it? I haven't played anything else in quite a while! I have some new Switch games, I want to platinum the new Life is Strange to set up for my 100th plat... But even though I have that option, I keep playing MKX. Sub-Zero is starting to feel like a friend, guys. I feel comfort when I pick him. What the fuck, guys. How did this happen? I'm not complaining but like... This 180 is absolutely nuts.

Even so, I'm still dreading that one trophy for getting a ten win streak. Guys, truly, if you know someone who's reliable that is within North America that wants to try and boost this, please let me know? Your girl is struggling here.

But then my usual boosting partner for NRS games then asked us to start MK11, so...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6b4219/L6b024a.png

We now have progress in this game. I made a meme for this special occasion:

https://i.imgur.com/a0ZPnmv.jpg

Why... The fuck... Is this game so SLOW? Every time my dude Sub-Zero jumps it feels like I'm underwater. Why? MKX has its faults, especially with its trophy list, but movement wasn't one of those problems. Look. Okay. I'll admit that the X-rays in MK11 are particularly nice. I don't really love gore or anything like that, but the lighting of X-rays in this game is genuinely cool. Roster has some characters that I think look cool too. But I wish those characters were in MKX, because MKX just feels better to play.

Anyway, I have two of the three online trophies for MK11 done now:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6b4219/trophies/15S6adad6.pngR-E-S-P-E-C-T: Pay 100 total respect points in King of the Hill

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6b4219/trophies/22S2951cf.pngTeamwork: Play a Group Battle with 2 other players

Remember how I had my partner ask to boost this? Well there was absolutely no need. No need for wins or ranked or anything, so we just went our separate ways for the night lol. I'll get the last online one done soon, but it's not on my Worry Right Now list like the ten win streak one for MKX is. I think it's just that I want MKX done by the end of 2022. I kind of feel like a badass for coming this far with MK, a series I really knew nothing about. I might be very mixed on MK11, but it's nice to say I've gotten out of my comfort zone this much! I don't think it'll ever be a favorite series of mine, but so far this has really been a journey. And I wouldn't have even attempted these games if not for this challenge!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Well guys, I'm officially an MKX master. (Until I play someone that isn't a computer lol.)

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/149d39/trophies/1L7eb13e.png

Platinum Trophy
All Trophies Unlocked

Dude congrats, that's impressive as fuck! It gives me hope, as I've got MK11 lurking somewhere in my own backlog?

Also I know what you mean about these things not always registering. Sometimes you finish and think about when you'll play it next or who with or whatever and be like "wait, I don't have to do that anymore..."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Dude congrats, that's impressive as fuck! It gives me hope, as I've got MK11 lurking somewhere in my own backlog1f604.png

Also I know what you mean about these things not always registering. Sometimes you finish and think about when you'll play it next or who with or whatever and be like "wait, I don't have to do that anymore..."

Thanks, man! MK11 looks to be a better list than MKX is tbh, I recommend it. I don't know if I love how the game plays itself, but the list really does look a lot more fun than MKX, so go for it. You got this! >:)

Yeah it's weird! My entire routine has changed and I don't know how to handle it lmao. It's nice, but I definitely gotta adjust X)

• Like 1

Damn...the grind is finally over...

Big congrats xD glad you got rid of this headache of a game! MK X is not as bad as expected but wooo boy is the list a pain.

I am amazed we were able to be matched twice (thanks Ed Boon for doing this shit region locked ?) but alas, we were sabotaged by granola bars :(

7 hours ago, MissShake said:

I don't know if it's sunk in that I got the plat for MKX yet. I was playing this game for so long, guys. I've gotten used to just starting the game up and grinding towers out that it feels weird to know I don't need to anymore.

I can relate to that feeling. When you grind a game for so long, it feels surreal to finally finish it (looking at you Street Fighter 5