Shake's Evolution

MissShake

On 29/11/2021 at 9:13 PM, MissShake said:

Hide contents

Boring game. I found nothing compelling about Cross Tag. I skipped the story because I'm a weird person who doesn't care about crossovers, all this game really did was make me wonder when P4AU is getting ported to later consoles. (I know the answer is probably never, but I can dream.)

Funny how things can change so fast ?

On 12/10/2021 at 0:34 AM, MissShake said:

Hi everyone! Great news!

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced at The Game Awards!

Bad news! This means I have to add it to this challenge! Kill me!

P4AU sits at a very low 1.44% plat rate on PS3, and I expect they're just going to copy-paste the trophy list for the PS4 version. If so this looks to be a rather difficult mountain on the horizon...

I’m gonna plat that shit yo.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress has been a bit slow lately. I haven't been feeling like playing fighting games so I'll just earn a trophy here and there.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/trophies/35S03f4af.png Not Missing an Opportunity: Punish the opponent's ground throw whiff with a jumping attack 10 times while in a match.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/trophies/30S7bdc13.png Extraordinary Defensive Instinct: Successfully block an attack with Faultless Defense 100 times while in a match.

Only two more trophies for Strive! Instant blocks are a bit tough to do by yourself, and that arcade mode run... Not ready for it D;

I also got a game for this challenge on sale!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/7cf6b7/Lefd159.png

I have a feeling this is gonna be a particularly tough challenge...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I only have a couple new trophies to update this list with:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/a8ba80/trophies/7S98250a.pngDo you hear me!? I'm the best that's ever been!: Send a stamp. The heart of Pro-Wrestling is to entertain others, so you're now a pro wrestler too!

I redownloaded Virtua Fighter 5 back onto the PS4. I'm very ready for the grind that is this list, but finding people online to do it with seems a bit iffy due to the terrible connections. If anyone needs this list done and wants to boost, I'm definitely down.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/df6b67/trophies/31S3f1ab7.pngShine When Polished: Successfully block an attack with Instant Block 100 times while in a match.

I was hoping the next Strive update would have me celebrating the plat, but... Well that Messiah Will Not Come trophy is feeling pretty shit. I keep using the grab method, and sometimes I get really close to getting him, but I feel like something always happens at the end. Maybe I need to use the pause buffers too? I haven't really done that before so Idk. It could also be because I'm using Ky, who despite being my main does feel pretty weak sometimes... Hmm. I'll figure it out eventually, but I keep getting really frustrated with it so maybe just some space from the game will help me into a better mindset.

I've also been playing the newest Melty Blood, which isn't exactly a part of this list yet, but my gut is saying it might make an Evo showing this year. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic though lol. What do you guys think will make mainstage this year? :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Well done on the progress update. I would say keep trying the grab method. Might be worth trying a new character if you feel you can make any worthwhile adjustments to your most damaging combo's  The AI tends to keep falling for the throw's on wake up but the timing can be tricky. 

Thanks! Yeah I have no plans on changing course too much, I've gotten rounds on him with the grab method after all! It could just be refocuing is all I need honestly. If he was about as tanky as the stage eight version of him... Well I'd have had this trophy a couple weeks ago X)

• Like 1

So anyway, looks like I'm starting a new game for this challenge!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/L486c59.png

My buddy @Yuber6969 wanted to start this game up for a challenge so he asked me and @Copanele for help with some of the online trophies. We're not quite done with the online stuff, but we made some damn good progress last night so I have a feeling our next boosting session might mean the last of the online stuff will be done! Here's what I earned last night:

Spoiler

Untouchable: Go 10 seconds of the match without being hit by your opponent

Only A Real Master: Beat an opponent online while they still have 90% health and you have 10% or less health remaining

Off With His Head: Dethrone a King 5 times in King of the Hill

I Voted: Vote correctly 10 times in King of the Hill

Would You Like Some Crumpets With That?: Duck 10 times in a row during a match

Be Pre-Paired: Harley must dethrone an opponent in King Of The Hill with the final hit coming from Double-Trouble

Deadly Nightshade: Poison Ivy must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Kiss of Death

I Never Miss: Win a match as Deadshot without missing a shot (minimum 10 shots)

Going Ape: Throw 3 kegs during a match with Gorilla Grodd at the Ace o' Clubs

Doctor Fate-Ality: Perform 3 background bounces on the Empire Theatre background

Don't Get Caught Up in the Starfire: Starfire must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Starry Night

Stay Free: Red Hood must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Gotham's Outlaw

Deep Fried: Black Manta must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Speared and Seared

Welcome to Hell: Hellboy must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Final Resting Place

Demon Inside: Enchantress must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Out of Body Experience

My Minions: Darkseid must defeat any opponent after summoning each Parademon at least once

Killer Klones: Sub-Zero must connect 10 Klones during a match

Killer Croc: Have the final hit come from the crocodile in Slaughter Swamp

We not only managed to get the majority of the Legendary Edition DLC trophies, but we also got a couple of URs out of the way. This list looks much easier than the list for the original game... Which I still have to do...

• Like 3

Lots of Injustice 2 progress again!

Spoiler

Small but Mighty: Atom must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from an Atom Lunge

Stay Down: Knock an opponent into an Arena Transition 25 times

Turtle Time: Win a match with each Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

When Canaries Cry : Black Canary must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from a level 3 Canary Cry

Claw Your Eyes Out: Cheetah must defeat Wonder Woman with her Meter Burn Blood Lunge

Fish Food: Aquaman must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from The Beast Below

I Didn't Do It: Brainiac must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Beta Strike

FROSTY!!!: Captain Cold must defeat Flash with the final hit coming from Cryogenic Blast

History Lesson: Flash must defeat Captain Cold with the final hit coming from Time Changer

Quit Hitting Yourself: Gorilla Grodd must defeat Flash with the final hit coming from Mind Control

It's Electric: Black Adam must win the match with the final hit coming from Orbs of Seth

No Longer Friends: Cyborg must defeat Robin with the final hit coming from Apokolips

Lovers Quarrel: Green Arrow must defeat Black Canary with the final hit coming from Target Practice

I HOPE You Survive: Green Lantern must defeat Atrocitus with the final hit coming from Mechanized Assault

Why Aren't You Laughing?: Joker must defeat Batman with the final hit coming from Not So Funny Is It?

Make A Wish: Scarecrow must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Schizophrenia

The Last Kryptonian: Supergirl must defeat Superman after connecting 20 Kryptonian Lasers

Skill Gap: Superman must defeat Green Lantern with the final hit coming from Final Flight

Amu-Let Me Out: Doctor Fate must defeat any opponent with the final hit coming from Amulet of Anubis

I Have Friends Now: Join a Guild

Catch The 4:30 To Metropolis: Knock an opponent into the Memorial Station Arena Transition at 4:30

It's Showtime: Knock an opponent into the Empire Theatre Arena Transition at 8:00pm

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things: Be in the Batcave when all the Environmental Interactions are used

A LOT of miscellaneous character specific and stage specific trophies, but the big ones are these:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/trophies/6S5eb354.pngWinning Is Fun: Win 10 ranked matches

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/trophies/7Sefd5ab.pngDon't Stop Me Now: Win 50 player matches

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/trophies/8Sc669c6.pngA Real Contender: Play 200 online matches

No more online trophies! Yay!!! Thanks again to @Yuber6969 for being a great boosting partner, as per usual :D

I do have a bit of a story with the following trophy, though:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/789be0/trophies/68S41cade.pngKidd Thunder: Raiden must summon Kidd Thunder during a match

So I picked Raiden during my online boosting matches, thinking that Kidd Thunder showed up randomly, no matter the mode you picked him in. That's how the trophy guide on here made it seem! Turns out that you can ONLY have Kidd Thunder show up in the Multiverse Mode, and it can ONLY show up with an AI controlled Raiden. So I spent hours looking at Raiden, a character I don't even really like, in hopes of popping a trophy that wasn't even going to show up in the mode I was boosting for. Ah well, at least I'm making progress with leveling every character to 20.

So far I'm liking the trophy list for Injustice 2. It's quite a variety, and I have a weird affinity for character specific trophies. I haven't touched the story of this game quite yet, but I'm definitely curious... But even more than that, seeing these DC characters is making me want to rewatch Teen Titans, one of my fave shows from when I was a kid :D

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit since I've updated, huh? I did do a little bit with this checklist since I've last posted, but not as much as I would have liked. Some quick notes!

I deleted Injustice 2 to free up room for...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6cac8c/L1fb8c6.png

I didn't really DISlike Injustice 2, but KoF XV is one of my most anticipated games of the year, so I just HAD to play it on launch. I know it hasn't been confirmed for EVO this year, but I'm pretty sure this will make mainstage so I'll go ahead and mention it on this thread just in case! (I feel like the lineup announcements were usually earlier in the year? Maybe I'm just misremembering, but it definitely seems to be taking a bit more time this year...)

I also went ahead and reinstalled...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d39e29/Leb62bf.png

I noticed I had some easy trophies for this game that I could pop pretty quick, so I gave the original Injustice some time as well. I went ahead and joined a boosting session as well, who knows how much longer the online for this game will be up?

No plats to announce, unfortunately. I admittedly have kind of been slacking on this list, mostly because I could feel the burnout on fighting games starting to form. This caused me to take a bit of a break before KoF XV came out. I really wanted to enjoy that game, so the Evolution was stalled for a bit.

I still need to get back to finish that last Strive trophy, but uh... I'm gonna be honest, I don't really love Strive as much as the other Guilty Gear games I've played, and the last boss was just frustrating me too much. Sometimes you need space from a game before going back in with fresh eyes.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

"ARE YOU OK?"

Great to hear you got KoF XV at launch! If netcode permits a good stable environment to play, we should play a few games alongside @Copanele

Hell yea count me in! I did play through lots of rooms and unlike RANKED the Room matches are mad chill and fun!

I confirm the game to be super enjoyable now :D make sure you use Garou Terry costume!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hell yea count me in! I did play through lots of rooms and unlike RANKED the Room matches are mad chill and fun!

I confirm the game to be super enjoyable now :D make sure you use Garou Terry costume!

Garou Terry is the default costume in the game for me now! Can't wait to POWAH GEYSER in fabulous hair down wearing leather jacket style!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissShake said:

I'm in, @Copanele @FreshFromThaDeli ! Just so you guys know... I'm pretty terrible, so it may be just some easy wins for you two :P

Hah no worries this is the fighting game I am worst at too?or at least, I won't use the "gotta win in Ranked at all cost" characters like King or Athena ?. 

So it's gonna be for fun!

Whoever uses Angel deserves a free win tho ?that character is Masters degree level. 

On 17/02/2022 at 3:43 AM, MissShake said:

I still need to get back to finish that last Strive trophy, but uh... I'm gonna be honest, I don't really love Strive as much as the other Guilty Gear games I've played, and the last boss was just frustrating me too much. Sometimes you need space from a game before going back in with fresh eyes.

If you ever want to just get rid of that pesky boss fast, throw loop him. He gets stunned after 4 throws, in which case you Super his ass. Fully powered Nago was a pain, I agree there?reminded me of Dizzy from GG X

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys, the Evo lineup has been announced! This is what we're looking at:

Games already on my to-do list include:

Street Fighter V

Guilty Gear Strive

Mortal Kombat 11

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Skullgirls 2nd Encore

These games are pretty expected for the most part. I yawn at SFV, Strive and MK11 were both pretty close to shoe-ins, and DBFZ isn't really a game I have particularly strong opinions on either way. As for Skullgirls...

Games I've already got the plat for include:

Tekken 7

Granblue Fantasy Versus

I'm always into Tekken, so I'm very ready to give it a watch this year! Granblue is a weird one, though. I really hated going for the plat on this one, but I think seeing it in a competitive setting might soften my feelings on it a bit. It doesn't seem like a terrible game to play competitively, but man... Getting the plat ruins the game in a few ways.

With the reveal show came some new games officially being added to the challenge!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/6cac8c/L1fb8c6.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d8c0be/L7cb64d.png

Lucky for me, I've already started both of these games! Both of them are fun times, and I can't wait to finish them up.

A small update: I was originally planning to attend the in person Evo this year, but I now have international travel plans coming up that are sure to be a bit expensive. So I will not be able to make it this year... But I might have a plan to do a small celebration during the competition. Who knows ?

• Like 3

Didn't manage to watch the announcement stream this year. Was way too tired to stay up late ?. Managed to watch back Max's video on it. No surprises there. Would have loved to see a SF6 exhibition get announced but Capcom may be holding onto that. Speaking of Capcom, that Capcom fighting collection looked like a good opportunity to give Darkstalkers and Red Earth some exposure. Perhaps not on the main stage but an exhibition on those games may draw in a new audience.

Waiting for a deep discount on Melty Blood, I like the OST from what I heard on YouTube, in fact I still need to play an Under Night in-Birth game too. I own all of them so no excuses to dive in one day.

Good luck on those games you have on your list, I know you'll smash it.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

I'm shocked Granblue made it to Evo lol.  A lot of other good games though. I still gotta check out Melty Blood.

Melty is pretty fun! Not necessarily my favorite fighter of the anime vibe, and I honestly need to get a tiny bit more familiar with the mechanics, but it's definitely a good time. Granblue getting its time to shine might be just what I need to relax on the game? We'll see!

15 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Didn't manage to watch the announcement stream this year. Was way too tired to stay up late 1f634.png. Managed to watch back Max's video on it. No surprises there. Would have loved to see a SF6 exhibition get announced but Capcom may be holding onto that. Speaking of Capcom, that Capcom fighting collection looked like a good opportunity to give Darkstalkers and Red Earth some exposure. Perhaps not on the main stage but an exhibition on those games may draw in a new audience.

Waiting for a deep discount on Melty Blood, I like the OST from what I heard on YouTube, in fact I still need to play an Under Night in-Birth game too. I own all of them so no excuses to dive in one day.

Good luck on those games you have on your list, I know you'll smash it.

I imagine that SFVI will get time on the mainstage, probably with a character announcement or something like that. And yeah, the collection is sure to have at least one or two side tourneys that will entertain. I'll probably buy that collection day one!

Under Night is really fun, so if you have it I say go for it! And I get wanting a discount on Melty, I'm not really sure if I'd call it worth it for the full price but who knows, maybe you'll like it!

Thanks! I'm glad you believe in me, cuz man I'm not so sure myself X)

• Like 2

Got a new trophy for this list!

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d8c0be/trophies/4Scb2be9.pngStory Devotee: Clear story mode on hard with any character using no continues and with a round count of 3.

I tried this with my main, got blown up, and then I cheesed it with Vlov's projectiles and got the trophy first try lol.

• Like 1

Got a couple of quick updates! First of all...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3dff6e/L294724.png

It's Ultimax release day! I have it all bought and ready to go, but I've decided that even though I'm really looking forward to booting this bad boy up I am not allowed to download it until I have finished at least one game from this checklist!

Anyway, I'm almost done with Melty Blood:

28Sdaa42f.png  Big Spender: Spend more than 100,000 CP.

25S90e9a5.png  Icon Collector: Purchase 50 customized icons.

38S0f20ec.png  Title Plate Collector: Purchase 20 customized title plates.

Every purchase related trophy is done... I just have two more trophies left! I gave Boss Rush a try today, and I did manage to make it to Shiki. It definitely feels like it's a doable trophy, just gonna need to be on my A-game for it. After that I just need 100% with one character and I'm all set. Vlov is like easy mode for this platinum, gotta say. The way the AI is in this game just means that all you need is his projectile and you're bound to make it to S rank on anything. And slowing the trials down counting is also really helpful for the plat. I'm shocked it DOES count, honestly lmao.

I'm also in the process of getting some people together to boost Injustice online. They seem easy, but man they sure look grindy... Hoping to get as much online out of the way as I can! (Especially with the older games like Injustice and MKX... Which reminds me, I guess I better get the Jump Force online done too.)

• Like 2

Ladies and gentlemen, I might be in trouble.

But first, the good:

16S690e56.png Overthrown: Dethrone the King in an online match

15S72c2ae.png  Beginner's Luck!: Win a single online match

18S034bf0.png Streak Ender: Defeat a Survivor

23S9ac5c0.png  Buddy System: Enter Online Practice with someone on your friends list

17Sbf3e98.png  I Voted!: Vote Correctly in a KOTH match

21S79c05f.png  Lucky Break: Win 1 complete Ranked match

51S39ca23.png  Bull in a China Shop: Cause maximum damage in all Arenas (does not include Practice mode)

22Sa85312.png  Holy Knockout Batman!: Win 10 complete Ranked matches

41S8b5e62.png  Arkham City Lockdown: Defeat every Villain With Batman

Holy cow Batman, Shake sure did make a lot of Injustice progress! I found some really helpful people for boosting the online of this game, and I now at least have the annoying ranked matches all done and over with. All that's needed for the online trophies now is to win 100 and play 200 matches and we are all set!

Now. The bad news. It seems like my save... Is glitched. I was wondering why I wasn't unlocking any icons or backgrounds, and it turns out I need these keycard things to buy them. The only problem? I am now level 40 and I have not gotten a SINGLE one of these items! Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed. This game is incredibly grindy, and by now I should have made some progress towards the archives and getting these useless cosmetics, but nope! To make matters worse, I have one lone trophy for equipping a new character portrait, so maybe back before I was a trophy hunter there was SOME of these items available to me. But again, I have no way to unlock anything.

Ah well. I'm glad the ranked matches are done, and I have a date set for the last online trophies. Four hours of boosting for this damn game... I'm in need of something that isn't a fighting game lol.

• Like 3