Attn: PS5 Users - LEGO games Backwards Compatibility

kkulifay

49 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't know what mine is set to. I just played the Lego Ninjago game on mine and I didn't notice any difference.

I experimented with the Lego Star Wars game and it made a huge difference. Maybe your HDR setting was already set on “only on when supported”?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kkulifay said:

Go to your Settings and turn the HDR option to “only on when supported.”

Originally I had this setting on “always on” and noticed that LEGO PS4 games played via backwards compatibility on the PS5 appeared washed out. I kept comparing the graphics to footage I was seeing on YouTube and couldn’t figure out why the graphics appeared significantly inferior. 

So, I made the connection that since those LEGO games were not available in HDR that the PS5 was forcing it resulting in a dull, low resolution graphic setting. I apologize if I don’t know the technical terms to describe it. 

Ultimately, when I changed the HDR setting to “only on when supported” it brought the LEGO games to its visual optimization. This was a game changer. Graphics look crisp and detailed now. Wanted to share this with the community because I wished I would’ve know this 6 months ago after getting the plats in Jurassic Park, Incredibles , and Ninjago. 

I just checked and I have my HDR setting set to always on.

• Like 1

I have it set to only when supported already, but this is good to know. I have a few LEGO games in the backlog so I'll know what to look for if they act weird. 

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will be the first LEGO game with a native PS5 version, that'll likely have HDR support. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...