[EU] Dragon Age prices | Best option currently

Desavenencia

I hope I was right and that this (Sales & Deals) was the best place to create my topic. If not, moderator who is reading now, do what you think is most appropriate.

What is the best option to buy Dragon Age saga on PS3 currently?

This morning I have been checking both the PlayStation Store from my PS3 and external stores such as Amazon, Ebay, etc., to see prices for both the games in the Dragon Age saga for PS3 as well as all the downloadable content attached to each of the three games.

The prices in the European PS Store of the PS3 are insane, reaching the cost of the three games and their respective downloadable content a total of 162,86 euros.

Below I will put a detailed breakdown of all the prices:

◇◇◇◇◇

• First game (2009) | Dragon Age: Origins (14,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 1 (two trophies) | Warden's Keep (6,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 2 (two trophies) | The Stone Prisoner (free)

- DLC trophy pack 3 (one trophy) | Return to Ostagar (4,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 4 (eight trophies) | Awakening (19,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 5 (three trophies) | Darkspawn Chronicles (4,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 6 (three trophies) | Leliana's Song (6,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 7 (three trophies) | The Golems of Amgarrak (4,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 8 (four trophies) | Witch Hunt (6,99€)

Total: 70,92€

◇◇◇◇◇

• Second game (2011) | Dragon Age II (19,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 1 (five trophies) | The Exiled Prince (6,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 2 (five trophies) | Legacy (9,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 3 (five trophies) | Mark of the Assassin (9,99€)

Total: 46,96€

◇◇◇◇◇

• Third game (2014) | Dragon Age: Inquisition (29,99€)

- DLC trophy pack 1 (four trophies) | Jaws of Hakkon (14,99€)

Total: 44,98€

◇◇◇◇◇

Therefore, and as I said before the breakdown, everything makes a total of 162,86€ euros.

And thank goodness that I have only put the minimum required by the trophies, because we could still spend a lot more money here if we were to buy ALL the downloadable content.

So…

Considering the outrageous price tag buying the game and all DLC separately, what other possibilities would there be?

Well…

For the first game, I know that there is a physical edition that includes the full game and all the DLC called Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition- but for the other two games I am not sure if there are similar editions…

dragon-ultimate.jpg

dragonageoriginsultimateedition-1000x545

For the second game, there is a physical edition called Dragon Age II -BioWare Signature Edition- and apparently it brings one of the three downloadable contents that interests us (The Exiled Prince, the first DLC pack), but I am not sure if it comes on the disk or if it brings a download code.

Finally, for the third game, there is a physical edition called Dragon Age: Inquisition -Deluxe Edition- that includes additional content, but none is the only dlc that interests us, so it would also have to be purchased separately.

◇◇◇◇◇

Links with additional information:

— Dragon Age: Origins -Collector’s Edition-

— Dragon Age: Origins -Digital Deluxe Edition-

— Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition-

— Dragon Age II -BioWare Signature Edition-

— Dragon Age: Inquisition -Deluxe Edition-

◇◇◇◇◇

To be honest, I don't know what other possibilities exist at this point. The only thing that is clear to me is that the best option with the first game is to get the Ultimate Edition, but I have no idea what to do with the other two games. I hope that the rest of you can clarify this matter a little more.

Edit: there were problems structuring the text with BB codes. I’m on the mobile; my bad~

:P
Edited by Desavenencia
  • Like 1

I think the best option most will give for the second game is to skip it, cause it's very bad ;) Don't know anything about the third. I was trying to get hold of the signature edition many many years ago to save on DLC costs but ended up getting the regular version and buying the DLC on sale. As that option is gone you will probably just have to suck it up and pay the full asking price on PSN.

I'm almost certain DA:O is old enough that the ultimate edition has all the DLC on disc, not download codes so you could look for a cheap pre-owned copy on eBay or something.

edit: Just chucked my copy of the Ultimate edition into the PS3. It does indeed have all DLC on disc. (Everything needed for trophies + the 'Feastday combo pack' and the 'Blood Dragon Armor')

Edited by jimbob12345678
  • Like 2

Watch out with the Ultimate Edition of the first game.

US version has all content on disc but EU version has 1 DLC twice on but under 2 different DLC names and 1 DLC is missing.

There used to be a way to still get that missing DLC for free but I doubt that still works.

Research for the exact details because it's years ago that I was into it but I remember importing my Ultimate Edition from US because that one had all content on disc.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 3:23 PM, Kolm said:

Watch out with the Ultimate Edition of the first game.

US version has all content on disc but EU version has 1 DLC twice on but under 2 different DLC names and 1 DLC is missing.

There used to be a way to still get that missing DLC for free but I doubt that still works.

Research for the exact details because it's years ago that I was into it but I remember importing my Ultimate Edition from US because that one had all content on disc.

Yeah… Here. Thanks for the warning.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

You can get DA: Inquisition GOTY Edition on sale on the store for like £6.49 atm. The game and all three single player expansions. Well worth that price honestly

On 12/12/2021 at 0:44 PM, Ineasnow said:

Whit Dragona Age Inquisition if you bought dlc on ps4 you will have it free on ps3. I not sure whit full version if this will work... But yeah, if you plan to get all dlc on ps3 it will cost a lot money

I did that. Now I have the full game for PS4 and all the DLC for PS3. Sadly, the game itself has to be bought again for PS3 anyway. The base game has not the cross-buy option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

I did that. Now I have the full game for PS4 and all the DLC for PS3. Sadly, the game itself has to be bought again for PS3 anyway. The base game has not the cross-buy option.

Did you really get all DLC on PS3? I remember buying the DLC bundle pass but if I check not all main DLC's are available for download while they are available on PS4.

Edit: Only now I realise that the PS3 trophylist didn't contain all DLC's. It only contains the Jaws of Hakkon...

But I still have to pay for that DLC in the store and same with spoils of Avvor.

And now I notice I even have to pay for the PS4 version of those DLC's... The f... :(

Edit 2: I'm able to download all DLC's on PS4 though, it's something off on the PC store.

Edit 3: Apparently only cross buy for Jaws of Hakkon if you bought the PS3 version... I'm stumped.

Edited by Kolm

On 18/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, Kolm said:

Did you really get all DLC on PS3? I remember buying the DLC bundle pass but if I check not all main DLC's are available for download while they are available on PS4.

Edit: Only now I realise that the PS3 trophylist didn't contain all DLC's. It only contains the Jaws of Hakkon...

But I still have to pay for that DLC in the store and same with spoils of Avvor.

And now I notice I even have to pay for the PS4 version of those DLC's... The f... :(

Edit 2: I'm able to download all DLC's on PS4 though, it's something off on the PC store.

Edit 3: Apparently only cross buy for Jaws of Hakkon if you bought the PS3 version... I'm stumped.

Well… When I said that I got all the DLC for PS3 I was referring to the only one that has trophies (Jaws of Hakkon) and two others that have additional content without trophies.

8 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

Well… When I said that I got all the DLC for PS3 I was referring to the only one that has trophies (Jaws of Hakkon) and two others that have additional content without trophies.

True, but I somehow didn't notice that there were DLC's missing compared to the PS4 version when I glanced through your list xD

But apparently my buddy bought the PS3 version of the DLC back in the day so I'll play on his PS3 if I decide to finally start the series :) 

its a ridiculous price. youll just have to cave in and buy it if you want it. i just bought all the call of duty dlc lately that i never got before which was hella expensive.and i think about all the times they had cod sales on ps3 in the past and hate myself for saying ill never feel like playing dlc. i gotta get the dragon age dlc as well and its a ridiculous price. ive had origins done. one thing about origins is you should read the dlc about having a pwoerful archer i think it was? there is one trophy im missing and i cant get it because the character i built isnt strong enough to get past one part i get mashed over and over and im stuck. 

4 minutes ago, Kolm said:

True, but I somehow didn't notice that there were DLC's missing compared to the PS4 version when I glanced through your list xD

But apparently my buddy bought the PS3 version of the DLC back in the day so I'll play on his PS3 if I decide to finally start the series :) 

Cool. Enjoy it! ?

I still need to know how the Signature Edition of Dragon Age II works…

Cause I’ll try to get the Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition- and the Dragon Age: Inquisition -Standard Edition- both at the lowest possible price (physical editions both, obviously).

But I still don't know if the Signature Edition of Dragon Age II brings The Exiled Prince DLC on the disc (like the Ultimate edition of the first game), or if it is a download code... so I would have to look for one fresh copy of the physical game (and I think it would be very complicated).

22 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

I still need to know how the Signature Edition of Dragon Age II works…

Cause I’ll try to get the Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition- and the Dragon Age: Inquisition -Standard Edition- both at the lowest possible price (physical editions both, obviously).

But I still don't know if the Signature Edition of Dragon Age II brings The Exiled Prince DLC on the disc (like the Ultimate edition of the first game), or if it is a download code... so I would have to look for one fresh copy of the physical game (and I think it would be very complicated).

Reminder: US version of the ultimate edition ;) 

From what I can find the signature edition of Dragon age II contains a voucher for the DLC content.
Even with a new copy the codes might no longer work. That's very game and luck dependent... 

Link to Dutch game retailer:
https://www.gamemania.nl/nl/games/playstation-3/124352_dragon-age-ii-signature-edition

It states 'Signature edition contains: - The game, - A voucher for extra playable character and extra missions, - ...'.

This old forum thread also states it's a code:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/988967-dragon-age-ii/answers/264216-what-is-the-difference-between-dragon-age-ii-bioware-signature-edition-and

I could also find an unboxing video for xbox 360 and that also had codes for bonus content but it was Italian.

The voucher at 2:16 states 'il principe esiliato' which translates to 'exiled prince'.

Edited by Kolm

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I can finally consider this matter resolved, at least as far as I'm concerned. I ended up spending a lot less money than I originally imagined.

I spent ten bucks on the US version of Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition-, eleven bucks on Dragon Age II -BioWare Signature Edition- and eight bucks on Dragon Age: Inquisition -Deluxe Edition-.

The first game had all of the downloadable content on the disc.

With the second game I had no choice but to buy all the downloadable content from the PlayStation 3 store.

And the third game didn’t involve any action as I had previously purchased the PlayStation 4 bundle and the DLC is cross-buy with the PlayStation 3 game.

So:

— First game (2009) | Dragon Age: Origins (10€)

• DLC trophy packs 1-8 (all inside the disc)

— Second game (2011) | Dragon Age II (11€)

• DLC trophy pack 1 | The Exiled Prince (6,99€)

• DLC trophy pack 2 | Legacy (9,99€)

• DLC trophy pack 3 | Mark of the Assassin (9,99€)

— Third game (2014) | Dragon Age: Inquisition (8€)

• DLC trophy pack 1 | Jaws of Hakkon (7,49€) <— which was actually for the purchase of Dragon Age: Inquisition -Game of the Year Edition- for PlayStation 4.

With which, in total I have spent 63,46€ on everything. And considering that the initial amount for buying everything from the PlayStation 3 store was 162,86€, I ended up saving a total of one hundred bucks.

Seen this way, it hasn’t been bad at all.

Thanks to all of you who have helped gather information.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, Desavenencia said:

Hello everyone!

I can finally consider this matter resolved, at least as far as I'm concerned. I ended up spending a lot less money than I originally imagined.

I spent ten bucks on the US version of Dragon Age: Origins -Ultimate Edition-, eleven bucks on Dragon Age II -BioWare Signature Edition- and eight bucks on Dragon Age: Inquisition -Deluxe Edition-.

The first game had all of the downloadable content on the disc.

With the second game I had no choice but to buy all the downloadable content from the PlayStation 3 store.

And the third game didn’t involve any action as I had previously purchased the PlayStation 4 bundle and the DLC is cross-buy with the PlayStation 3 game.

So:

— First game (2009) | Dragon Age: Origins (10€)

• DLC trophy packs 1-8 (all inside the disc)

— Second game (2011) | Dragon Age II (11€)

• DLC trophy pack 1 | The Exiled Prince (6,99€)

• DLC trophy pack 2 | Legacy (9,99€)

• DLC trophy pack 3 | Mark of the Assassin (9,99€)

— Third game (2014) | Dragon Age: Inquisition (8€)

• DLC trophy pack 1 | Jaws of Hakkon (7,49€) <— which was actually for the purchase of Dragon Age: Inquisition -Game of the Year Edition- for PlayStation 4.

With which, in total I have spent 63,46€ on everything. And considering that the initial amount for buying everything from the PlayStation 3 store was 162,86€, I ended up saving a total of one hundred bucks.

Seen this way, it hasn’t been bad at all.

Thanks to all of you who have helped gather information.

wait so if you bought inquisition on ps4, then you go tthe ps3 version as well? i doubt ill play it again since it took me about a month but you never know

edit nevermind i just checked. i only see the deluxe edition in the ps3 store and it says $20 for me so i guess its not unlocked.

Edited by melodicmizery

6 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

wait so if you bought inquisition on ps4, then you go tthe ps3 version as well? i doubt ill play it again since it took me about a month but you never know

edit nevermind i just checked. i only see the deluxe edition in the ps3 store and it says $20 for me so i guess its not unlocked.

Did you buy the deluxe version of inquisition? Not sure what versions are still available to buy on the PS3 store. But if you bought the normal version on PS4 and that version is delisted on PS3, it's possible that you have to go through your downloadlist to find the download for the normal edition.

The season pass should be cross buy but I bought the PS4 version and... 1 DLC was only cross-buy if you bought the PS3 version of it :(

7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

Yo! I specified that in my last post. I bought the GOTY Inquisition for PS4 on sale last month and then the PS3 DLC (Jaws of Hakkon) was free (cross-buy) for PS3

In the other hand, you are right (and I said that too on the initial post of this thread); in the PS3 store you’ll only see the deluxe edition of the game.

• Like 1