Would you recommend the Vita?

M4T7Y5899

Got my bundle through Amazon during their black Friday sale for about 190$ which is not bad and bought the 16gb memory card for 20$.

Really enjoy the Vita so far and loved the Zero Escape game which is a sort of sequel to the 999 DS game.

I also have been enjoying Ys Celceta (bought physically) and a bunch of other games that I have through PS Plus.

I have had my Vita since Launch and their have been some dead months, so I wouldn't recommend the Vita as main system (Just like I neither would for PS4), but the exclusives like Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway (Get the Tearaway bundle, if you can) and Gravity Rush is amazing.

I would recommend getting a 16GB memory for your Vita at less, if you planing on buying any titles digital (certain titles like TWD, Muramasa Rebirth and Atelier Totori/Meruru Plus only exist as Digital)

You said tearaway is good and 16gb is recommended. Would you recommend the Tearaway/LBP bundle w/ 16gb and 3G?

I got my Vita for Christmas and it was The Walking Dead bundle. So...I can personally vouch for that bundle. The Walking Dead is a really good game (and easy plat) as it won a few 2012 GOTY awards from various sites.

Playing Tearaway now. It's also a fun, unique game. So you can't go wrong with a Tearaway bundle either.

You said tearaway is good and 16gb is recommended. Would you recommend the Tearaway/LBP bundle w/ 16gb and 3G?

You can't play MP games over 3G or download any games, so the 3G Vita is kinda a waste of money, but I would recommend the Tearaway bundle with 16 GB as, Tearaway IMO is a better game than LBP

Absolutely.

Killzone, Persona, Gravity Rush, Guacamelee, Hotline Miami, Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta, Soul sacrifice

Then Toukiden and Danganronpa in Feb, Demon Gaze in April, Borderlands 2 at some point, probably Freedom Wars, Soul Sac 2, Gravity Rush 2, Hotline Miami 2.

A lot of good games on this system.

Edited by big_bob002

Most definitely would recommend the Vita. My wife bought me mine at christmas and I love it! Got the 16gb card and the sports and racing bundle. Only really liked 3 of the bundled games though (Modnation Racers, Motorstorm RC and Everybodys Golf) but still a fantastic purchase. I dont get a lot of PS3 time as its hooked to our main TV but my Vita is a more than worthy substitute with the added bonus of being portable. I'm hooked on Guacamelee and NFS Most Wanted now.

graeme9851 I disagree with your somewhat crazy idea that the vita is slow and the graphics are ok but not better then mobile phone games, you have obviously never played killzone for one, show me any phone tht could run tht amazing game with Fantastic multiplayer, mmmmmm I think not, silly statement.... .

I agree Killzone is an amazing game and runs flawlessly on Vita, Love the Mutliplayer. No phone could run that, well not yet anyway

Had my vita for as a gift from my wife about 16 months ago and have loved it from day 1. The only drawback with it is the lack of quality games but tbat is changing. My favourite games so far are uncbarted, ninja gaiden and the almost flawless killzone. The launch of ps4 and remote play will almost certainly boost vita sales which should in turn boost the amount of quality games. So yes I would definitely recommend the vita but like others haven said you should choose the package that suits you and get as big a memory card as you can afford.

I got the Vita for my birthday in 2012 and I've been pretty happy with it. I feel the smaller screen lends itself better to slower paced games like turn based RPGs for example but that's just my feeling on it and even that's most likely because turn based RPGs are just what I prefer over anything else lol.

For games though I'd recommend.

Persona 4 Golden

Dragon Fantasy Books 1 and 2

Rainbow Moon

Soul Sacrifice

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Ragnarok Odyssey

Atelier Totori Plus

Atelier Meruru Plus