Would you recommend the Vita?

M4T7Y5899

I would say get the Vita it's the smoothest handheld Sony have released I reckon, With the 3.0 update it made everything 10x better. Games are a plus, remote play is also nice with the PS4. As Gizmo said though is depends on your own preferences so the bundle choice is yours alone but on the vita choice, I would recommend. 

I absolute recommend you the Vita. I have mine for over a year and I would be devastated if something happened to my dear handheld. The graphics are gorgeous, it has great games and it has a good performance overall. It is really a pleasure for me to play on my Vita.

I LOVE my PS Vita. It's especially good if you are out of the house a lot. I travel a lot, so it's easy to just bring my vita compared to my main console. It's also convenient when I work late nights. I couldn't really recommend a specific bundle. They're all pretty solid. 

I just recently picked up a Vita that came with a case, 16GB Memory, Gravity Rush & Uncharted Golden Abyss installed. Granted I already had those ready to download from PS+, but still a decent deal for 150.

Haven't played anything on it yet, but will be starting up Oddworld soon.

I got mine about 5 months ago, haven't used it as much as I'd like to because every time I play it I always have a weird urge to stop playing it not that long after I've picked it up for some reason, not that I don't like it I just think that you have to make sure you're playing games you can really get into. It's probably best that you don't make it your core gaming device either because the game range isn't very large at the moment. Also try and buy one of the larger memory cards especially if you have PS+ because I downloaded every plus game way before I bought my Vita so I had lots of games to play.

The Vita is the best handheld ever released in my opinion, even better than the Sega Nomad. 

I bought one on launch and it has been used just about every single day since. A lot of people either assume or just regurgitate what others say and claim the Vita "has no games" but that is far from the truth. If you're a PS+ member you'll have a nice little collection right off the bat and there are plenty of other great games available too. 

The only thing I dislike about the Vita is the memory cards. They are very overpriced and don't come in large enough sizes. I've more than filled my 32GB card (thanks PS+!) and at the moment that is the biggest one available in America. 

Parker

Thankfully that games are generally less than 2GB, or at least what I have noticed.

Uncharted is 4GB, but browsing the store I noticed smaller file sizes. I got lucky and got 16GB memory with my bundle, but it looks like it may be one of those, beat the game, delete, rinse/repeat.

Seems like a great little system though. Played about an hour last night and it was ok, just slight neck strain. :unsure:

For those who have a Vita and feel it is slightly uncomfortable or hard to get used to holding, may I suggest this?

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=lp_3010600011_1_7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389122653&sr=1-7

61XN%2BHpgSAL._SL1500_.jpg

Very comfortable and at $12.09 at Amazon right now it is very affordable too. 

Parker

For those who have a Vita and feel it is slightly uncomfortable or hard to get used to holding, may I suggest this?

http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Trigger-Grips-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JVW/ref=lp_3010600011_1_7?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389122653&sr=1-7

61XN%2BHpgSAL._SL1500_.jpg

Very comfortable and at $12.09 at Amazon right now it is very affordable too. 

Parker

I just bought it

I really love it

graeme9851 I disagree with your somewhat crazy idea that the vita is slow and the graphics are ok but not better then mobile phone games, you have obviously never played killzone for one, show me any phone tht could run tht amazing game with Fantastic multiplayer, mmmmmm I think not, silly statement.... .

I have had my Vita since Launch and their have been some dead months, so I wouldn't recommend the Vita as main system (Just like I neither would for PS4), but the exclusives like Soul Sacrifice, Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway (Get the Tearaway bundle, if you can) and Gravity Rush is amazing.

I would recommend getting a 16GB memory for your Vita at less, if you planing on buying any titles digital (certain titles like TWD, Muramasa Rebirth and Atelier Totori/Meruru Plus only exist as Digital)

I recently purchased my vita bundle for $233.99 praise be for ebay! 

Came with brand new sealed wifi/3g black ps vita ( hate AT&T with passion won't use 3g) 32gb memory card, walking dead redeem voucher, Gravity Rush and Unit 14 full game voucher. (not ps+) if you find a good deal with memory card then get a vita. You'd probably need at least a 16gb nowadays unless you plan to purchase retail games only.