Sony Reveals its Streaming Service: PlayStation Now

UndreyVITA

I wonder what Gamestop thinks of this...oh wait.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2014/01/07/gamestop-plunges-after-sony-unveils-playstation-now-streaming-service/

Joking aside, I am excited to see this, although I'd be much more excited if you didn't have to re-buy the streamed games, since I have quite a large collection of PS3 games.

Edited by Sonic

It sounds good on paper, but I imagine it's going to suffer from Sony's fragmented entertainment store. Streamable games will probably end up being manually added to each region's store like they are now, meaning some regions will miss out on certain titles.

I really wish they just had one store; missing out on things because of where I live sucks :( Getting things late does, too. I've heard it's not even going to reach the UK until 2015.

This sounds like a great idea. Things i'll be looking for though, price and games. If it's something like 10 dollars a month for a massive library of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, then I won't hesitate to get it.

I don't care if the PS1 and PS2 games come with trophies. I'll just be happy to be able to play them all on one system, without having to keep hundreds of hard copies.

It is an awesome idea, one I hope helps boost the PSVita sells and help SONY maintain a quality online service. It's too bad I wont be able to use it, crappy internet and stuff, so I'll be using my PS3 to play old games for a while.

Edited by Arkthur_us

i hope gaikai has trophy support... but i dont hope gaikai has trophy support...

it be nice to play games that i havnt played before like the last of us (i know lol , just no money atm!)

and i wont play it unless it has trophys...

but if gaikai games get trophies, then everybody will have trophys fast and easy. 

My only issue, is that they still haven't said whether or not past PSN purchases will be transferred to this service or not. I think that's a pretty huge deal. I've got quite a few digital PS3/PSN games from either buying myself or from PS+, and that's one of the main reasons I won't be getting a PS4 until I absolutely have to. I don't want to drag out my PS3 if I want to play Scott Pilgrim, or whatever. I understand the no disc backwards compatibility, but there's no reason for no digital backwards compatibility with a streaming service. Especially since, from what I've read, Sony said that it's possible to transfer purchases for use on the streaming service, they just don't know if they want to. If they decide against it, I definitely won't be using the service, and I'll be waiting a good 2-3 years before I get a PS4. Probably not until the slim version comes out at a reduced price, and then I'll likely buy a used one.

Edited by ExHaseo

• 3 weeks later...