The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

@James Tiger & @MAUSZX, do you have enough consoles / games if we were to do all 4 completions? Assuming that any game can count for any of the consoles the list is under (ex: Final Fantasy X HD can count as either PS4, PS3 or Vita).

On 2022-10-13 at 2:20 PM, Lumdubz said:

I have access to a PS3 PS4 And PS5 so i could go for the 3 completions would give me the incentive to go back and do zombie driver if its eligible 

I don't see why Zombie Driver wouldn't count. I personally am ok with already started games as long as there's at least a couple of trophies to go and all the other requirements are valid.

So, seeing the consoles checklist we have, I have 2 propositions for the challenge.

First way; we go with the 3 completions on different systems as was proposed. It's the simplest way, but it's a bit easy.

Second way; we could also do 4 completions, but do as many consoles as possible. That way everyone but James has to go for the full range and James can just double down on 1 console of their choice. It would be a little more challenging, but I think it would still be doable and fit more for an end-game challenge.

5 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

So, seeing the consoles checklist we have, I have 2 propositions for the challenge.

First way; we go with the 3 completions on different systems as was proposed. It's the simplest way, but it's a bit easy.

Second way; we could also do 4 completions, but do as many consoles as possible. That way everyone but James has to go for the full range and James can just double down on 1 console of their choice. It would be a little more challenging, but I think it would still be doable and fit more for an end-game challenge.

I dont mind going for the 4 completions but i would only be able to do the same as james and complete 2 from the same system  as i only have access to the PS3 PS4 and PS5 unless there is something i am miss understanding with it 

10 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

So... similar to the April challenge:  100% 4 Games from the beginning of the month till 30th of November, from at least 3 different systems

Or since we can feature the complete event something like:  100% 20 Games from the beginning of the event till 30th of November, where 6 of them are from at least 3 different systems.

It really depends if anyone has made a little system variety from the start.

Edited by MAUSZX

BY THE WAY.

Tiny update. I finished October Challenge a little bit while ago.

To this day this is my summary:

Doom (2016) (Yes it is listed as Horror)  27 trophies.

Man of Medan: 2 trophies

Dead by Daylight: 10 Trophies.

Simulacra: 25 trophies.

In Sound Mind: 33 trophies

Layers of Fear: 8 trophies.

Giving a total of 105 trophies of horror games.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

I dont mind going for the 4 completions but i would only be able to do the same as james and complete 2 from the same system  as i only have access to the PS3 PS4 and PS5 unless there is something i am miss understanding with it 

The way I saw it was counting stacks as the console of your choice; the example I used, Final Fantasy X HD, is listed as PS3, PS4 and PSV so it could count as a completion for whichever one console you wanted.

• Like 1

My personal vote is for the full 4, but I'm okay only doing a 3 completions.

Quick confirmations on the challenge:

- Plat only or 100% required

- What process are we using for multi-platforms; I'd recommend choosing which console to use

- Can the games be already started or must they be brand new

6 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

My personal vote is for the full 4, but I'm okay only doing a 3 completions.

Quick confirmations on the challenge:

- What process are we using for multi-platforms; I'd recommend choosing which console to use

Id say plat for this but don't mind the 100% 

i was thinking of playing games i had already started but all of them have less than half of the trophies on, was going to use this months challenge to chip away at more of my backlog 

On 10/25/2022 at 5:12 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

1. I think plat should be enough.

2. Same.

3, Both should work, maybe can add another rule like "Must earn at least 20 (or maybe 30?) trophies from each game". 

13 hours ago, James Tiger said:

1. I think plat should be enough.

2. Same.

3, Both should work, maybe can add another rule like "Must earn at least 20 (or maybe 30?) trophies from each game". 

1. I think also Plat should be enough, but if is a 100% would only doing dlc because you already have the plat count?

2. I don't know entirely what you mean like that... Like we have to name what consoles we are doing or what?

3. I think we can do the old rule in this event: as long as you do 5 trophies not counting the platinum should suffice. Or maybe we could pump it to 10 for this event. My point is if we going to take a diferent console, maybe we preffer to finish some games that have been already started. 

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

I think we have a general consensus then.

The challenge would the be plat or 100% (if already plat) 3 games on 3 different consoles. Need to earn at least 10 trophies (excluding the plat) for a game to be valid.

1 hour ago, MAUSZX said:

2. I don't know entirely what you mean like that... Like we have to name what consoles we are doing or what?

I guess I worded it badly, but yes. For exemple, I plan to play Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] for this challenge. It's technically a 3 platform list, but I want to use it as my Vita game for the month. In general, it would just be clarifying what console a game is used for if it has multiple written.

• Like 3

Update: It was faster than expected but it did help that had a holiday in the begining of the month, but I already finished the November challenge ?

So the games I did was:

For PS5: Darside Detective A Fumble in the Dark.

For PS4: Onrush

For PSVita: Twin Breaker A Sacred Symbol Adventure.

All of them are pretty easy imo, first one is a Point and Click, Onrush is a car game (not racing) there were some challenging moments, but pretty doable and Twin Breaker is an arcade game... It gets pretty hard to get some trophies but if you keep trying in every level to get A rank you will eventually get lucky.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my 3 also:

PS3: Midway Arcade Origins - Had 11 trophies left to do. It's an okay classic arcade collection with a pretty varied difficulty level. Only had Sinistar to do in the difficult trophies, but it's a pretty decent time.

PS4: God of War (2018) - I understand why everyone loved this game; it didn't mesh as much with me, but I really liked the character arcs that Kratos and Atreus go through. That final Valkyrie Queen fight is pretty challenging on Normal, but otherwise was a great game to go through.

PS5: Bugsnax (Base Game) - On the other hand, this is a pretty average game with an okay gimmick, but is otherwise pretty shallow.

Ii will also put down my idea for the final challenge. The only thing I could think of was the classic Vs challenge of: Earned amount of UR trophies during December. I think it's an appropriate challenge to do to finish off this event and end up with a single winner.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 4:19 AM, ArtikSkarab said:

Ii will also put down my idea for the final challenge. The only thing I could think of was the classic Vs challenge of: Earned amount of UR trophies during December. I think it's an appropriate challenge to do to finish off this event and end up with a single winner.

I'm ok with this, I don't know what games I have that have UR trophies and that the requirement doesn't need me to play 500 hours lol, but I am ok with this, since is the last round.

Finished my November challenge yesterday, 

PS4: LEGO Movie: The Videogame

PSV: LEGO Jurassic World

PS3: Ratchet & Clank

On 11/19/2022 at 6:19 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

Earned amount of UR trophies during December

Not sure how much I can do for this challenge, since I have no more UR games left in my backlog lol, I guess I don't have much hope for winning this event, good luck guys!

57 minutes ago, James Tiger said:

Not sure how much I can do for this challenge, since I have no more UR games left in my backlog lol, I guess I don't have much hope for winning this event, good luck guys!

I mostly threw this idea as a final challenge; if there's a different idea that someone proposes, we could always change it.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

I mostly threw this idea as a final challenge; if there's a different idea that someone proposes, we could always change it.

Well the idea is fine, another idea could be, the player with most trophies wins, but that can motivate to just play easy games that qualify for the challenge.

Another harder that we can do is to count give it some points to the trophies ex: Common 0.5 uncommon 1 Rare 1.5 Very Rare 2.5 and Ultra Rare 5.  Just an idea I don't know what is the most balancef way to do this. The person with more trophies or more points wins. 

1 minute ago, MAUSZX said:

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

I have Now finished the November Challenge 

PS5 - Hot wheels Unleashed 

PS4 - Jak & Daxter Precursor Legacy

PS3 - Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault 

We could also could also make the challenge for December ultra and very rare trophies 

Edited by Lumdubz