The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

September already started in the GMT timezone, no point on waiting for 12pm tho, if you want to start right now is ok, since we all have declare our games.

Also if you want to propose for the challenges of october November and December now is the moment.

Personally I think October should be kind Halloween themed.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 6:24 AM, MAUSZX said:

September already started in the GMT timezone, no point on waiting for 12pm tho, if you want to start right now is ok, since we all have declare our games.

Also if you want to propose for the challenges of october November and December now is the moment.

I agree with October being Halloween themed i was thinking of going back to one of my resident evil games so if i could tie that in with this that we be great ha 

On 2022-09-01 at 1:24 AM, MAUSZX said:

I agree with October being Hallowe’en themed and I think December should be Christmas themed in so way too. 

1st game completed for September: Dirt 5 (PS4) :platinum:. It's a pretty chill arcady driving game that can be completed in about 15-20 hours, but does have a pretty decent AFK grind to do for the 1000 miles trophy. That trophy alone took me 6 hours post-campaign and I can't imagine how awful that grind would have been before the requirement change (was 10,000 before that). Still, it's a pretty easy completion on the easiest difficulty with 1 or 2 annoying trophies and was a PS+ game a while ago, so I'd recommend it for most people.

As far as the coming challenges, I think we should first determine how competitive we want the rest of the event to be. Since we are down to 5 people, I'm curious how rough we want the challenges to be. I do have an idea for the December event, but it's a decently chill idea, so I don't know if it'd be good.

14 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

1st game completed for September: Dirt 5 (PS4) :platinum:. It's a pretty chill arcady driving game that can be completed in about 15-20 hours, but does have a pretty decent AFK grind to do for the 1000 miles trophy. That trophy alone took me 6 hours post-campaign and I can't imagine how awful that grind would have been before the requirement change (was 10,000 before that). Still, it's a pretty easy completion on the easiest difficulty with 1 or 2 annoying trophies and was a PS+ game a while ago, so I'd recommend it for most people.

As far as the coming challenges, I think we should first determine how competitive we want the rest of the event to be. Since we are down to 5 people, I'm curious how rough we want the challenges to be. I do have an idea for the December event, but it's a decently chill idea, so I don't know if it'd be good.

I mean... yeah it can be chill, but at the same time... I don't know, this event is now conducted by us, but the spirit of this event at the beginning was inspired on the Squid Games, meaning there has to be only one winner.... at the same time I mean we are only doing this even for fun, there are no prices and to be honest I think the July challenge was pretty stressful in a way lol.

So I am all for whatever you guys propose, I only want October to be Halloween based lol other than that I am happy with whatever idea you guys have.

11 minutes ago, MAUSZX said:

I mean... yeah it can be chill, but at the same time... I don't know, this event is now conducted by us, but the spirit of this event at the beginning was inspired on the Squid Games, meaning there has to be only one winner.... at the same time I mean we are only doing this even for fun, there are no prices and to be honest I think the July challenge was pretty stressful in a way lol.

So I am all for whatever you guys propose, I only want October to be Halloween based lol other than that I am happy with whatever idea you guys have.

ye same i fine with it being a chill event i have used it to work through my backlog games instead of buying more, 

My 1st game for September is completed Zone of the Enders: The 2nd runner, this was quite a fun game ive never played it before i picked it up a while ago because it was recommended to me by someone i know that was playing their old PS2 games so got it on sale and never touched it glad i did now as it was a nice chill game to play nothing too difficult to do for the platinum either  

On 10/09/2022 at 7:46 AM, Toxicmatic- said:

Can I change one of my games for this month to “ Evil within 2”? So it would ne that & Bioshock infinite 

I’m ok with the swap if it’s ok for me to swap infamous first light for hot shot golf which has has a 32% completion for the PS5 version I have earned a trophy for it yesterday but it was still started this month 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

I’m ok with the swap if it’s ok for me to swap infamous first light for hot shot golf which has has a 32% completion for the PS5 version I have earned a trophy for it yesterday but it was still started this month 

Cool and I don’t see an issue with it as long as it means the guidelines & you post it and give a heads up

On 8/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, MAUSZX said:

I am going to declare my games for September:

Destroy All Humans :   https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5482-destroy-all-humans

West of Dead: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10831-west-of-dead

Average Completion of both are below 40%.

Done both games.

They were kinda easy the problem was that either there were some buggy stuff or that there was a lot of grind after finishing most of the game.

• Like 1

Second game completed on my side as well: Valkyria Chronicles. I have mixed feelings on this. It's a great strategy action RPG with a decent story and a pretty good difficulty ramp through, but the completion is pretty annoying. Having to go for max ranks on every map is both a lengthy chore (2 playthroughs, but the second one is a lot shorter) and really difficult on some maps. Even following guides, the action part of the game means that some strategies are really tight to execute; especially the Hard mode skirmishes. Still, it's a pretty great game to go through casually and a definite recommendation, but be warned about the plat.

For the October challenge, the consensus was an Halloween theme; I'm good with that. We just need to determine what is the scope of the challenge on two axes.

What is counted?

• Game Completions
  • Platinums
  • Total trophies

On what criteria?

• Containing monsters
  • More directly related to Halloween itself (costumes, treats, houses)
  • Genres (Horror probably)
  • Something more gimmicky

I'm not sure what would be a difficult, but fair challenge as I'm usually one for more gimmicky challenges, but we could probably do 2/3 completions or an amount of trophies from games containing classic monsters.

So I’m out cuz I wasn’t able to complete this month challenge. I’ve been so busy working on the house before winter hits I had no time to game & when I did have time I just cleaned up some dlcs. So it was nice playing with y’all, Fun event especially the team challenge ? Just wish I could of had a better outcome but remember life priorities & family always come before trophy hunting/gaming.

Toxic out ✊

• Like 4

im just working on my second game now been busy the last two weeks but should hopefully get it done in the next two days

as for the Halloween challenge i was thinking the criteria be mainly to use horror as a genre but we could certainly do a lot more games if we base it by what is in the game instead 

On 25/9/2022 at 4:43 AM, ArtikSkarab said:

What is counted?

• Game Completions
  • Platinums
  • Total trophies

On what criteria?

• Containing monsters
  • More directly related to Halloween itself (costumes, treats, houses)
  • Genres (Horror probably)
  • Something more gimmicky

I'm not sure what would be a difficult, but fair challenge as I'm usually one for more gimmicky challenges, but we could probably do 2/3 completions or an amount of trophies from games containing classic monsters.

I think we should go for total trophies, I don't know if 100 or 75. 

Why, because you can play a variety of games and get plenty of trophies but not the platinum. Like Dead by Daylight.

As for the criteria... I think Horror or Horror style and Halloween themed.

If we go to the Halloween event of 13 Plats, personally I think the event gives a little too much leeway.

I think a game la Costume Quest or the game of that Pumpkin Jack games fit the bill because those games are Halloween based games.

Now I personally don't think a game like Nexomon fits, yes you do tame monsters, but they are not halloween or scary monsters (maybe only the ghost type).

I don't think Borderlands fit, but the one DLC based on Halloween fits, so in that case I think only the DLC trophies of that pack should count.

There is another type of games that I think fit the bill. Example Manhunt, is a game that probably is not considered Horror, but people have considered the game scary.... Sooo I don't know what to think.

But maybe I am overly complicating things, I want.to hear from all.of you, what should be considered.

20 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I think we should go for total trophies, I don't know if 100 or 75. 

Why, because you can play a variety of games and get plenty of trophies but not the platinum. Like Dead by Daylight.

As for the criteria... I think Horror or Horror style and Halloween themed.

If we go to the Halloween event of 13 Plats, personally I think the event gives a little too much leeway.

I think a game la Costume Quest or the game of that Pumpkin Jack games fit the bill because those games are Halloween based games.

Now I personally don't think a game like Nexomon fits, yes you do tame monsters, but they are not halloween or scary monsters (maybe only the ghost type).

I don't think Borderlands fit, but the one DLC based on Halloween fits, so in that case I think only the DLC trophies of that pack should count.

There is another type of games that I think fit the bill. Example Manhunt, is a game that probably is not considered Horror, but people have considered the game scary.... Sooo I don't know what to think.

But maybe I am overly complicating things, I want.to hear from all.of you, what should be considered.

i agree with it being more along the horror horror style type of games to fit with what and that the target be to hit a number of trophies in the month and i am happy with 75 

the games i was thinking of playing for this would be resident evil 2 , Alien isolation and if it was acceptable Cult of the lamb

I think we have a majority consensus. I'm also super cool with total trophies earned from Horror-themed / Halloween focused games. I'd personally prefer the objective of 75, but I don't really have a problem with either.

Planned main games will probably be Bloodstained, Castlevania Advance and Splatterhouse.

15 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

the games i was thinking of playing for this would be resident evil 2 , Alien isolation and if it was acceptable Cult of the lamb

Genuine question as I haven't read up on it: what horror elements does Cult of the lamb have? It seems to have dark humour and be focused on cults / religions, but it looks neither ''scary horror'' nor "gory horror". Feel free to correct me.

5 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I think we have a majority consensus. I'm also super cool with total trophies earned from Horror-themed / Halloween focused games. I'd personally prefer the objective of 75, but I don't really have a problem with either.

Planned main games will probably be Bloodstained, Castlevania Advance and Splatterhouse.

Genuine question as I haven't read up on it: what horror elements does Cult of the lamb have? It seems to have dark humour and be focused on cults / religions, but it looks neither ''scary horror'' nor "gory horror". Feel free to correct me.

My reason for thinking of cult of the lamb wasn’t that it’s scary but that the theme and art style is dark and based on cults which I was thinking still fits the Halloween part for the challenge 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

My reason for thinking of cult of the lamb wasn’t that it’s scary but that the theme and art style is dark and based on cults which I was thinking still fits the Halloween part for the challenge 

Fair enough; I guess I mostly only heard that it's more comedy than dark and that it doesn't have the horror tag on here. You got my vote for it.

I guess I will do the official post for October.

Down to 4 people:

Since there wasn't any argument against the proposed idea, we shall go with it

October challenge: Obtain 75 trophies in ''Horror'' or ''Halloween'' games.

The base idea is pretty simple: Horror games (both scary Horror and gory Horror) will count as well as games that represent Halloween pretty directly (Something like a Costume Quest though that game is invalid). If you don't know what games to use, here's a link to the horror category on PSNProfiles as a starting point. If you're still unsure if your game counts or you want to ask if it's Halloween focused enough, fell free to message here (for example, Lumdubz asked for Cult of the Lamb and I concurred with them).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So how is everyone getting on with the challenge for this month, I have finished the one game i started and have been playing a bit of Hunt showdown so i have just passed the half way point 

Also does anyone have any suggestions for next months challenge?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

Also does anyone have any suggestions for next months challenge?

Well, I do have an idea for November challenge, finished 2 or 3 games from different platform.

Player must finished at least one game that released on either PS3, PS4, PS5 or PSV.

What do you guys think ?

Edited by James Tiger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, James Tiger said:

Well, I do have an idea for November challenge, finished 2 or 3 games from different platform.

Player must finished at least one game that released on either PS3, PS4, PS5 or PSV.

What do you guys think ?

I am up for it. I don't know if the other guys do have multiple platforms tho. What about games that have multiple platforms in it... Like most vita games share a list with ps4 or ps3. I mean if someones has a ps5 they can essencially complete this without problems.

I'm  about 2/3 thirds of the way through the challenge (currently 52).

Bloodstained (27) is a great metroidvania that has a decent amount of post-game grinding and is a little difficult at the beginning, but is super worth it.

On the other hand, Splatterhouse (25) is a pretty generic action game; kind of a weaker God of War. I did a full playthrough; might do the max difficulty playthrough / arenas later on, but not now.

Just need to decide what to do for the rest; maybe Days Gone or Resident Evil 1.

For the November challenge idea, I'm in; it's an interesting metric that hasn't been done yet. For my part, I have access to PS3, PS4 and PS5, so I'd be okay with 3 completions. If necessary, we could do as Maus raised and allow for cross-platform lists to fill in the gap (If you don't have enough consoles, go for something that has the missing console in that list). If we go by that, we could go for the full 4 if either 1: everyone has access to all gens by that caveat or 2: people have access to a PS5 and PS+ streaming for the PS3.

Also, I think I have a good idea for the final challenge, but I want to think on it a bit before pitching it.

• Like 1