The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

13 hours ago, rahulrx0 said:

AYO WHAT. Isn't it just GOTG, or are you referring to the the other telltale one? Edit: I just checked and wtf this is a great loophole. Should've made it 25 trophies but nvm.

Also, HOW IS IT SO CONFUSING I MADE THIS CHALLENGE FOR PEOPLE TO RELAX AND ENJOY. I am really enjoying people spinning out tho.

It seems like almost the moment Disney took hands on over everything done to Marvel Franchises they always put "Marvel's" before the franchise itself. The telltale one also has the Marvel's thing. I mean I am going for the platinum so don't worry about the challenge. I just checked everyone left in this Challenge and it seems only one has completed or close to complete the Series challenge... the one for July, which is the one that will eliminate most people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

It seems like almost the moment Disney took hands on over everything done to Marvel Franchises they always put "Marvel's" before the franchise itself. The telltale one also has the Marvel's thing. I mean I am going for the platinum so don't worry about the challenge. I just checked everyone left in this Challenge and it seems only one has completed or close to complete the Series challenge... the one for July, which is the one that will eliminate most people.

I feel like July is pretty easy, actually excited to finish up assassins creed and start bioshock again on this account . Which bioshock is my favourite series of all time

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I'm one away from the July challenge. Got my 3 LEGO games done (Incredibles, Indy 2, Jurassic) and done 2 of 3 Saints Row (finished the DLC for OG 3, 4 Re-elected). Only have to do Gat out of Hell to finish it.

Edited by ArtikSkarab

20 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

I feel like July is pretty easy, actually excited to finish up assassins creed and start bioshock again on this account . Which bioshock is my favourite series of all time

14 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I'm one away from the July challenge. Got my 3 LEGO games done (Incredibles, Indy 2, Jurassic) and done 2 of 3 Saints Row (finished the DLC for OG 3, 4 Re-elected). Only have to do Gat out of Hell to finish it.

JesusChrist it seems I didn't check that well lol.

Personally I feel like is the hardest challenge in this event because it can feel repetitive.

I am working on Ratchet and Clank games and Farcry... Currently have done 1 of each and 1 in progress of each.

Possible idea for an addition to July- what if the current guidelines stayed an option, but one was added to 100% three games by the same developer? That would allow for more variety, while still having a connection between games. Essentially "Platinum a total of six games, two groups of three games in one series, two groups of three by the same developer, or one of each"?

Edited by GuitaristZag
  • Like 1

On 03/06/2022 at 8:14 PM, MAUSZX said:

JesusChrist it seems I didn't check that well lol.

Personally I feel like is the hardest challenge in this event because it can feel repetitive.

I am working on Ratchet and Clank games and Farcry... Currently have done 1 of each and 1 in progress of each.

Don’t think I’ll make it. Realistically I could easily. But for the next 2 months I’m going on a difficulty stint ?. Finishing off BO4 plat, CarX, Steep, Absolver, TMT, I Am Bread, Destiny 1 and Unravel 2. 

11 hours ago, GuitaristZag said:

Possible idea for an addition to July- what if the current guidelines stayed an option, but one was added to 100% three games by the same developer? That would allow for more variety, while still having a connection between games. Essentially "Platinum a total of six games, two groups of three games in one series, two groups of three by the same developer, or one of each"?

Not a bad idea I’d probably do three games by supergiant games since I just bought them on the psn sale 

• Like 2

On 2022-06-04 at 6:49 PM, GuitaristZag said:

It’s a good ideas but there’s so many series out there that can be done quick like farming sim, some assassins creed, god of war etc

17 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

It’s a good ideas but there’s so many series out there that can be done quick like farming sim, some assassins creed, god of war etc

Yeah, but its not to make it easier or quicker. It's to give another option to decrease repetition. I think its totally doable as is, I just thought that my idea may possibly make it more fun!

Edited by GuitaristZag

6 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

I am playing Lego DC Villains for my trilogy but was wondering g could I also use this as my L for June or would this be treated the same way that games starting with “The” would be? 

I would say no, because Lego is part of the name , like Tom Clancy The Division, I'll say it counts as a T because of the Tom. Also is why I want to do Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy as M.

So yeah it counts as an L, and no is not the same as the "The" "A"or "An" rule.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 4:19 AM, GuitaristZag said:

Nahhhhh. The July Challenge remains the same. For now.

16 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

I would say no, because Lego is part of the name , like Tom Clancy The Division, I'll say it counts as a T because of the Tom. Also is why I want to do Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy as M.

So yeah it counts as an L, and no is not the same as the "The" "A"or "An" rule.

Exactly

10 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

@rahulrx0 just curious when you gonna update the sheet ?

Hopefully in a few days. It is going to be a challenge, but I'll start making the changes to the sheet tonight.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 1:47 AM, rahulrx0 said:

BROOOOO!!!! You can use the first three letters of your PSN ID, as well as the letters that come before and after those first three letters. So T, O, X, and then S, U, N, P, W, Y for you. Since S-T-U, N-O-P, W-X-Y. Just pop ten trophies from games starting with these letters and you'll be good to go.

Hey, out of mere curiosity, not a big deal, I am just curious.

So my 3 letters are M A U.

So basically the letter that apply for me are:    L-M-N    ?-A-B   T-U-V.

So because A is the first letter of the alphabet.. what counts as previous? Is it Z? Is it a number #? Or is it nothing?

Again this is just a curiosity question I.already have my 10 trophies.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:47 PM, MAUSZX said:

Hey, out of mere curiosity, not a big deal, I am just curious.

So my 3 letters are M A U.

So basically the letter that apply for me are:    L-M-N    ?-A-B   T-U-V.

So because A is the first letter of the alphabet.. what counts as previous? Is it Z? Is it a number #? Or is it nothing?

Again this is just a curiosity question I.already have my 10 trophies.

it will be Z, i cleared that earlier as well

7 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

So how are people getting on with the two trilogy’s for July?  

Personally I am ok with not completing that challenge. 2 Farcry's done, 1 Ratchet and Clank done. I can do them for sure, but if that's going to get me to a burnout or to really not enjoy my time, then that's not worth it. I am in 3 different events, so if I get eliminated here I still have other stuff to do. At the end of the day I sign up to this challenges to have some approach to my backlog.

I have not gave up, but I am not obsessing about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lumdubz said:

So how are people getting on with the two trilogy’s for July?  

Eh, that's why I proposed the developer idea. It just feels like it's gonna get too repetitive for my taste, especially with my adhd. I think I can complete one, as Resident Evil seems fairly reasonable since I've already done the first and started the second, but for example, I think that if I go for Far Cry, since I already did 4, I'd get super bored super quickly. If it happens, it happens, but I'm not stressing that much. 

You know I could actually still do it potentially. Depends if I get the new PS thing and do the R&C’s since that’s one of the series I wanna do out of it. I’ve already done 3 Borderlands games. Pre sequel, tiny tinas one shot and tales. I’ve already got Rift Apart physical from a few months back that I was supposed to get around to but I got caught up in these competitions. 

Currently got BO4, Unravel 2, Steep and CarX to pop in July. Haven’t been doing too bad on Trackmania and I’m not planning on starting Absolver till this time next week so if I get ahead and find someone in the UK getting the new PS+ who will gameshare I’ll smash out R&C to keep me in the running. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

@rahulrx0 so for June challenge i finished “Marvel Spider-Man miles morales” can I use that for “S” .. let me know I know it was prob answered somewhere up there ^^ if not I’ll figure something out

Marvel, Lego and those games count as M and L. Even if every other part of the title is different. Only A An and The are words that won't count.