PS3 store via web

Gwendly

I had issues with my PS3 and it died a few years ago. I've been thinking of rebuying a PS3 again to finish off some games that aren't available on PS4/PS5 but I can't remember what I actually own *facepalm*, and the new webstore is not very helpful.

Outside of combing through receipts is there anyway of seeing what I already own digitally? Also I know that Sony were in the process of closing down the store, but the backpaddled and allowed it to stay up ; how reliable is the store in 2021/2022? Is it a huge dumpster fire , or can you actually access what you own if you are patient enough? 

I went through and bought everything I had an interest in but hadn't bought a few months ago - Sony held off on closing the store for now but I'm sure it will close at some point. All of the web interfaces are down at this point, though, so you have to do it through the native console interface.

You can scan through the Download List to figure out what you own. Everything you've bought will be there, so depending on the size of your digital library it can take a while. Aside from PSN being glacial at times there's no issue downloading stuff, it's all there and you can access anything you've bought.

For buying new stuff, you have to add funds to your wallet via gift card or one of the newer consoles; you can't just check out using a credit card of PayPal anymore. Browsing the store is clunky but it mostly works. My console crashed a few times when I tried to download a bunch of stuff on the "Thanks for your purchase" screen, so it may be safer to download from the download list after you buy stuff.

Without a working PS3, though, I don't know of any way to accomplish all of that.

Edited by Tothoro
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

I had issues with my PS3 and it died a few years ago. I've been thinking of rebuying a PS3 again to finish off some games that aren't available on PS4/PS5 but I can't remember what I actually own *facepalm*, and the new webstore is not very helpful.

Outside of combing through receipts is there anyway of seeing what I already own digitally? Also I know that Sony were in the process of closing down the store, but the backpaddled and allowed it to stay up ; how reliable is the store in 2021/2022? Is it a huge dumpster fire , or can you actually access what you own if you are patient enough? 

You can access what you own from ps3 store nowadays, first thing I downloaded was back in 2007 and it still shows up there if I want to download it. I'm not sure if it is possible to check ps3 store via web

44 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

how reliable is the store in 2021/2022? Is it a huge dumpster fire , or can you actually access what you own if you are patient enough?

Since I added an SSD and connect over ethernet, the PS3 store experience is largely tolerable.

You're not getting to the store via a browser these days though, only via a PS3.

Going through the store to redownload stuff seems like it would be a huge waste of time, especially if you don't know what you own.  You can access your download list under account management and redownload it all from there. Much faster and more convenient. Delisted stuff no longer in the store can still be accessed that way. 

sony can give you an entire list of all the purchases you have made ever with your ccount. I believe there is an option for this on the sen account mangement or you can ask support. Not sure how this would work with content like plus content that you might not have technically bought though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2021 at 0:35 AM, BEYOND-EVIL said:

i regret not adding a spreadsheet when you could still see your downloads on  browser i made one very late. sadly only way to see purchases is through your ps3 download list. doubt we will be getting a browser from sony anytime soon since they’re pretty much burying the ps3 at this point . 

You can see all your stuff with PSDLE. It has less features than before, but it still works.

https://repod.github.io/psdle/

https://github.com/RePod/psdle

Make sure to use THIS version: https://github.com/RePod/psdle/issues/94 it's experimental but it supports old systems.

ps: there's a chance that dates appearing in the list are not 100% accurate, but nothing to really worry about.

ps2: the only columns currently working are 

name
platform
prettySize
prettyDate
api_icon
date
dateUnix
icons
id
index
indexRaw
indexValid
platformUsable
productID
size
url
vitaCompat

The others are blank.

Edited by Lance_87

15 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

You can see all your stuff with PSDLE. It has less features than before, but it still works.

https://repod.github.io/psdle/

https://github.com/RePod/psdle

Make sure to use THIS version: https://github.com/RePod/psdle/issues/94 it's experimental but it supports old systems.

ps: there's a chance that dates appearing in the list are not 100% accurate, but nothing to really worry about.

ps2: the only columns currently working are 

name
platform
prettySize
prettyDate
api_icon
date
dateUnix
icons
id
index
indexRaw
indexValid
platformUsable
productID
size
url
vitaCompat

The others are blank.

it thought valkyrie died after sony patched some files

5 hours ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

it thought valkyrie died after sony patched some files

Yes, but apparently certain things can still be viewed, i.e. you can still generate a list of all your content for all the PlayStation systems but you cannot queue "legacy" things anymore. It's better than nothing though. There are blank fields here and there, too.

• 4 months later...