¿Online server open close?

XEXU_DEMON_X10

The PS3 severs closed years ago during the GameSpy Apocalypse but you can use the GoneSpy custom server exploit to get some of the online trophies done, though do note that several are still unobtainable due to GoneSpy not supporting some of the features required to earn them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 severs closed years ago during the GameSpy Apocalypse but you can use the GoneSpy custom server exploit to get some of the online trophies done, though do note that several are still unobtainable due to GoneSpy not supporting some of the features required to earn them.

I was under the impression that you could still obtain all online trophies through the custom server, which trophies are completely unobtainable?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I was under the impression that you could still obtain all online trophies through the custom server, which trophies are completely unobtainable?

Anything which requires the Leaderboards if I remember right, that is unless they've solved this problem in recent years since I last looked ?.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Anything which requires the Leaderboards if I remember right, that is unless they've solved this problem in recent years since I last looked ?.

I obtained the platinum on february, and I had no problem with any of the online trophies using gonespy.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
Date error
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, XEXU_DEMON_X10 said:

Thanks guys, I won't do it since I don't trust that this is legal. I prefer to leave it undone until one day the server returns. I doubt that it will return, but I will focus on making the ps4 version. Thank you for solving my doubts, colleagues.

Moderators and even CRT say that is not flaggable.

With all that said, I recommend staying with the PS4 version and pass of the PS3 version cause you don't have any trophy on that game, so why bother? Setting up the system is not trivial, and you need a partner of the same area for the connection.

Buena suerte!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Moderators and even CRT say that is not flaggable.

With all that said, I recommend staying with the PS4 version and pass of the PS3 version cause you don't have any trophy on that game, so why bother? Setting up the system is not trivial, and you need a partner of the same area for the connection.

Buena suerte!

This^

It's not a flaggable offence and Sony doesn't give a shit so nothing bad can or will happen :). I also agree with sticking with the PS4 version, since it's superior to the PS3 release and you will find it easier to find people to play with. The PS3 servers aren't coming back for several reasons, the biggest of which is that Sony has dropped all support for the PS3 and closed its Q/A department so no more patches are possible for PS3 games - GoneSpy is the closest anyone will get to having the servers back.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...