All 20 Guppos In One Go (Angler)

ScintillaWolf

7 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Even though the title relates to Guppos, it stands to reason that this method could also potentially work for Glittermoths and Gumducks, saving hours of your time.

So when I reached the point in the game where you are required to get 5 Guppos to advance the story, I reached the Guppo Grotto, captured all 5 and then immediately made a save. Upon reloading that save, all 5 guppos had respawned. Rince and repeat another two times and I had the trophy for catching 20 in a little over 3 mins.

I imagine this will work on the Glittermoth and Gumduck at the points in which you reach them in the story. If it does, makes the needing to wait for a respawn or scouring the map totally redundant! Hopefully someone who hasn't advanced as far as me in the story could test this theory out and 100% confirm it works!

This would indeed save a lot of time, if no one can confirm for Glittermoth and Gumduck please tag me when you try and I can update the guide :)

• Like 1

This is fantastic, just found the guppo grotto last night for the first time... If only I'd seen this first!

I went back later tho to grab more, but I rode the elevator down and the door was locked ? Is there another way in that anyone is aware of? It's prob worth mentioning I went and killed the Murk Puff immediately after that quest was done, I just hope I'm not locked out of this now or something.

@Ac3dUd3- I can give the Gumducks and Glittermoths a try with this method in the next day or two and I'll keep you posted. Absolutely top notch job with both the guides my dude, seriously some of the best work on this site I've had the pleasure of using! Bravo my man ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

This is fantastic, just found the guppo grotto last night for the first time... If only I'd seen this first!

I went back later tho to grab more, but I rode the elevator down and the door was locked 1f605.png Is there another way in that anyone is aware of? It's prob worth mentioning I went and killed the Murk Puff immediately after that quest was done, I just hope I'm not locked out of this now or something.

@Ac3dUd3- I can give the Gumducks and Glittermoths a try with this method in the next day or two and I'll keep you posted. Absolutely top notch job with both the guides my dude, seriously some of the best work on this site I've had the pleasure of using! Bravo my man 1f44f.png1f44f.png1f44f.png

The storm drain should be open allowing you to jump to it and back down to the grotto

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

The storm drain should be open allowing you to jump to it and back down to the grotto

Okay right on, is that the same one I came out of after exiting the first time? I couldn't figure out how to get back up there... But I'll give it another look later when I'm on, as well as to let you know how using the save/quit method goes with the other critters ?

1 hour ago, Joe Dubz said:

Okay right on, is that the same one I came out of after exiting the first time? I couldn't figure out how to get back up there... But I'll give it another look later when I'm on, as well as to let you know how using the save/quit method goes with the other critters 1f601.png

Yeah its the same drain, you have to use the helicopter thing to make the jump, its a bit tricky but you can get down to the grotto that way, I think the video in the trophy guide shows you if you need specifics

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Yeah its the same drain, you have to use the helicopter thing to make the jump, its a bit tricky but you can get down to the grotto that way, I think the video in the trophy guide shows you if you need specifics

Thanks bud... I tried over and over to do it like PowerPyx... I dunno if it's because I have a different class or what, but my dude wouldn't jump nearly as far as his (I also have 135 agility too)! I ended up doing a quick double jump from the railing then hit R2 so he dove forward and I was able to clear it!

The method works perfectly as described above for the Guppos! Also works for the Pippis by Lobo too, saving loads of time for that one ? No luck with the Gumducks nor Glittermoths tho, it for whatever reason doesn't work with those 2.

Either way, big time saver for at least 2 of the creature collecting trophies!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/3/2022 at 1:41 AM, Ac3dUd3- said:

I have made a note about the find and credited both of you for finding and testing on the guide @ScintillaWolf @Joe Dubz

it's a shame that it doesnt work for Gumducks or Glittermoths, the only one left to check is Sqvips if anyone is up to that mission.

I'm pretty late to the party, but I did find a consistent way to farm Glittermoths.

Just opposite of Chu-Chu there is a destroyed building, behind it there is an oil lake.

One Gllitermoths is guaranteed to spawn at the margins of that lake (when you sweep the lake don't do it too close to the oil since it can spawn where the grassy area starts too).

Since the Glittermoth spawns randomly around the lake, a save-reset is supported.

My suggestion to do it is something like this:

1. Fast travel to Chu-Chu and verify it is morning, then save the game. I think that at night a "regular" moth spawns so it doesn't count.
    Note: fast traveling isn't very consistent since (at least in my case) you can arrive at night time, so what I just ended up doing is waiting until the sun rises and then just saving the game.
  2. Now just circle around the oil lake until you find the Glittermoth.
  3. Save the game.
  4. Reload the save.
  5. Repeat by going to step 2.

I had a bit of bad luck with the spawns where after reloading the save I had to search for it for 2 minutes or so, hence losing daytime.

I have managed to collect around 7 each daytime period.

Edited by Arcafist
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 6:21 AM, Arcafist said:

I'm pretty late to the party, but I did find a consistent way to farm Glittermoths.

Just opposite of Chu-Chu there is a destroyed building, behind it there is an oil lake.

One Gllitermoths is guaranteed to spawn at the margins of that lake (when you sweep the lake don't do it too close to the oil since it can spawn where the grassy area starts too).

Since the Glittermoth spawns randomly around the lake, a save-reset is supported.

My suggestion to do it is something like this:

1. Fast travel to Chu-Chu and verify it is morning, then save the game. I think that at night a "regular" moth spawns so it doesn't count.
    Note: fast traveling isn't very consistent since (at least in my case) you can arrive at night time, so what I just ended up doing is waiting until the sun rises and then just saving the game.
  2. Now just circle around the oil lake until you find the Glittermoth.
  3. Save the game.
  4. Reload the save.
  5. Repeat by going to step 2.

I had a bit of bad luck with the spawns where after reloading the save I had to search for it for 2 minutes or so, hence losing daytime.

I have managed to collect around 7 each daytime period.

Thank you for this information. I can confirm it works.

On 13/12/2022 at 4:05 AM, BestUsername---- said:

Does anyone know if fast forwarding the consoles system clock for the other 2 animals would bypass the animals 30 minute spawn timer?  

30 minute spawn timer, where did you read that?? I dont think thats a thing...

Ive been trying to work out how the mirage works, spent over 5 hours or so, so far, been observing animals and other stuff along the way, and havent noticed any 30 minute timers. Ive even had animals reappear in places repeatedly under certain actions while experimenting with the Mirage, none were time related

28 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

30 minute spawn timer, where did you read that?? I dont think thats a thing...

The guide here states that in Stage 3. "During your exploring phase your second priority is to chip away at the more grindy trophies which are the collect animal ones, due to them spawning at least 30 minutes apart you can do an animal run every now and then while you play." I also read it alongside reddit posts, steam discussions, and other sites when I was researching the best way to obtain the animal capture trophies. I also believe this is a thing because I caught around 3 Pippi's in 4 hours. I hope you prove wrong with another excellent guide because I hate timed spawn trophies like these.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2022 at 4:54 AM, BestUsername---- said:

The guide here states that in Stage 3. "During your exploring phase your second priority is to chip away at the more grindy trophies which are the collect animal ones, due to them spawning at least 30 minutes apart you can do an animal run every now and then while you play." I also read it alongside reddit posts, steam discussions, and other sites when I was researching the best way to obtain the animal capture trophies. I also believe this is a thing because I caught around 3 Pippi's in 4 hours. I hope you prove wrong with another excellent guide because I hate timed spawn trophies like these.

I cant say for other animals yet, but I know the Sqvips will appear often enough though as you explore, just listen out foe the squeak.

You can get 10 Sqvips during the Gizmo quest.

For the Gumducks though, Ive just learned after a bit of testing, that these literally take 60 minutes to respawn the 6 of them, NOT 30 minutes!!! Luckily the timer doesnt reset with these though if you die or load save, and time cant be manipulated via the system clock.

If you are standing in the sewer where they spawn, if the 60 minutes pass and you are there already, they wont appear. To make them appear, you must save and reload on the spot, or run away a distance of 300 steps. So better to just save and reload.

Because of this, ALL guides should be advising you to reach Gulp as soon as possible and get the Googlide because for the Gumducks alone, although its only 60 seconds work, the time to enable that 60 seconds work is 3 hours!!! 6 Ducks + 1 hour + 6 Ducks + 1 hour + 6 Ducks + 1 hour + 2 Ducks.

What a stupid trophy because as far as I know, there is no other use for the Ducks, so why require you to do this. You even have to run into the sewer to get them everytime. So pointless, guess not much time went into the trophy list.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

So the only tricky pests are the Glittermoths and Sqvips, but only because you must keep an eye out for 10 each. Luckily they are quite common though and easy to see.

For Sqvips, at the 1st quest, grab only 4, then save/reload, wait a minute and 6 will respawn. Get all those for 10. Then just keep an eye out for 10 in the wild along your journey. Near Chu-Chu is a good spot if you need to farm as the ground is flat, easier to see, just after getting some, save/reload to make them respawn a little quicker, takes about a minute, you will hear a squeak.

For Glittermoths, exactly the same as the Sqvips. In the first spot, get 4, then save/reload to spawn the 5 again so you can get 9, then get the other 11 same as the Sqvips. Must be daytime as the nighttime Flameflies don't count.

Pippis, just save/reload at Lobo to respawn them.

Guppos, save/reload during the quest to respawn them.

Gumducks take an hour to respawn the 6, so just go back after every hour in-game time. If you leave your game on idle, you in the spawn spot, you must save/reload after an hour to spawn them.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 7:46 PM, Optinooby said:

So the only tricky pests are the Glittermoths and Sqvips, but only because you must keep an eye out for 10 each. Luckily they are quite common though and easy to see.

For Sqvips, at the 1st quest, grab only 4, then save/reload, wait a minute and 6 will respawn. Get all those for 10. Then just keep an eye out for 10 in the wild along your journey. Near Chu-Chu is a good spot if you need to farm as the ground is flat, easier to see, just after getting some, save/reload to make them respawn a little quicker, takes about a minute, you will hear a squeak.

For Glittermoths, exactly the same as the Sqvips. In the first spot, get 4, then save/reload to spawn the 5 again so you can get 9, then get the other 11 same as the Sqvips. Must be daytime as the nighttime Flameflies don't count.

Pippis, just save/reload at Lobo to respawn them.

Guppos, save/reload during the quest to respawn them.

Gumducks take an hour to respawn the 6, so just go back after every hour in-game time. If you leave your game on idle, you in the spawn spot, you must save/reload after an hour to spawn them.

I'm not sure if a more recent patch changed the functionality, or if it's because I'm playing on PS4, but I did not have this experience with the Sqvips and Glittermoths.  When I did the quests, I collected 4 Sqvips and saved/reloaded, but only 3 respawned.  Since then I've founded dozens, so not a problem, but just stating that all 6 did not respawn for me.  For Glittermoths, none respawned.  I collected 4, save/reloaded, and only 1 was still flying around.  I tried closing the game entirely and reloading, made no difference.  Reloaded my prior save, collected 4 again, saved/reloaded, still only 1 flying around.  Luckily the video on a different thread (where you jump down to the campfire, fast forward to dawn and then make your way back around) always spawned 1, plus I found about 10 while riding around on the Mjut and tearing down walls.  But they definitely never respawned for me during the quest.

Pippis were easy, and Guppos respawned during the quest exactly as this thread described.  Gumducks didn't bother me, I just went back to the Hollow at the end of each gaming session for a couple days and collected the 6 floating there each time.  I can't confirm the spawn time, as I probably played no less than 2-3 hours between each collection run.

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I'm not sure if a more recent patch changed the functionality, or if it's because I'm playing on PS4, but I did not have this experience with the Sqvips and Glittermoths.  When I did the quests, I collected 4 Sqvips and saved/reloaded, but only 3 respawned.  Since then I've founded dozens, so not a problem, but just stating that all 6 did not respawn for me.  For Glittermoths, none respawned.  I collected 4, save/reloaded, and only 1 was still flying around.  I tried closing the game entirely and reloading, made no difference.  Reloaded my prior save, collected 4 again, saved/reloaded, still only 1 flying around.  Luckily the video on a different thread (where you jump down to the campfire, fast forward to dawn and then make your way back around) always spawned 1, plus I found about 10 while riding around on the Mjut and tearing down walls.  But they definitely never respawned for me during the quest.

Pippis were easy, and Guppos respawned during the quest exactly as this thread described.  Gumducks didn't bother me, I just went back to the Hollow at the end of each gaming session for a couple days and collected the 6 floating there each time.  I can't confirm the spawn time, as I probably played no less than 2-3 hours between each collection run.

the 2nd batch of glittermoths dont respawn on PS4 version, that trick only works on PS5.

As for the Sqvips, that would work but it is finicky. If not done in a certain way, only some of them would reappear, or even if you dont wait long enough.

Anyhow, glad to hear you found everything without much trouble ;)

• 5 months later...

For some reason, save-scumming DO NOT work on PS4 version with the Guppos, I tried save-scumming after catching 4 Guppos (technically 5 but I accidentally caught 2 at once, which only counts as 1), then tried catching 24 more, trophies didn't pop.

Same with the Pippis, I caught around a bit more than 10 legitimately before save-scumming near Lobo, caught around 21-25 more and the trophies didn't pop.
I'm playing with patch 2.09, fyi.