Betty White dies at age 99

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Here are Allen and Betty together on Match Game, the original CBS one. I watched MG a lot on Game Show Network and had seen Betty on there a few times. Brett Somers, a regular, was another one of my favorites. Allen, Betty, Brett Somers, and Charles Nelson Reilly together sounds great.

Got GSN? They're running an 8-hour Match Game marathon with her starting at 9:00 AM ET on today, 8 January.

Here's the full episode. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 1:40 PM, czDante92 said:

She wasn't suffering from any serious illness or health problem, she was of sound mind until the very end and she got to live to almost 100 knowing pretty much everyone liked her. I'd say that's a happy ending.

I personally didn't think anybody on this website would be a fan of Betty White or even know who she was. It was completely pointless for people to complain that she died a few weeks shy of age 100. You couldn't of asked for a better show business career for her.

With a television career spanning all the way back to the 1950s, countless game show appearances, Betty White was simply one of the most beloved and respectful women in the television industry.

Hollywood will never have people like her. That certain charm and personality was lost a long time ago. It's why I cannot take any celebrity seriously anymore, but Betty White's legacy will live on.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I personally didn't think anybody on this website would be a fan of Betty White or even know who she was.

My dad always had reruns of Golden Girls and Match Game on when I was growing up, so I wouldn't call it a stretch for anyone in their late 20s up to have known who Betty White was because of what their parents watched.

• 6 months later...

NBC's Password premiere will be dedicated to Betty. It's 9 August at 10 PM. I had seen her on Million Dollar Password with Regis, and loved that. Unfortunately the Million Dollar Round with its WWTBAM? style money ladder isn't going to be in the new one, but this should be good.

Keke Palmer (from Jordan Peele's Nope and ABC's GMA3: Strahan Sara & Keke, which I sorely miss) will host it. Jimmy Fallon will be one of the celebrity partners in all 8 episodes.

Here's a Password Plus episode with Betty and Allen together again. This version has you guessing 5 words in a puzzle which are clues to its master password. Guessing a word right means you can try to solve. Nice opening theme song BTW.