'Roller Coaster' Trophy Not Working?

AngryAdam-

If you are interrupted at any point it does not count.  Space out the pipes so that the joins/bends/overlaps do not stop your momentum at all.  Make sure nothing knocks the character on the way.  Trophy popped for me.  It needs a lot of piping to make 2 minute grind.

• Like 2

Question:

Does the pipe need to be connected to the pump?  Ive gotten upto 2ish mins on pipes but then connected to pump and found that defending all them joints is a pain.

Are we able to just grind pipe regauress of connection status an then delete it after

(My assumption is yes)

The devs know about all the trophy glitches and are working on a patch.

22 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Question:

Does the pipe need to be connected to the pump?  Ive gotten upto 2ish mins on pipes but then connected to pump and found that defending all them joints is a pain.

Are we able to just grind pipe regauress of connection status an then delete it after

(My assumption is yes)

AFAIK the pipeline does have to be connected to the pump for it to count towards the trophy but no you can't delete it afterwards, thus you have to be very certain of the length before hooking up the final piece, else you will have to redo the mission from scratch to another attempt.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK the pipeline does have to be connected to the pump for it to count towards the trophy but no you can't delete it afterwards, thus you have to be very certain of the length before hooking up the final piece, else you will have to redo the mission from scratch to another attempt.

That's harsh!

I went all roller coaster tycoon on this and I swear had pipes double backing. And snaking on them selfs think I got to 1.3 min blah lol

7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I got it without the final connection to the pump, but the pipes where fully build and I started at the loose end. I dont know if it also works with the prebuild pipe scaffolds. 

my buddy on ps4 also got it riding the same pipeline, means it should work on ps4 and ps5. 

ride was 2minutes 6 seconds and it took us ~1,5hours to build; engineers platforms were pretty helpful. 

Edited by Messknecht

23 minutes ago, Messknecht said:

I got it without the final connection to the pump, but the pipes where fully build and I started at the loose end. I dont know if it also works with the prebuild pipe scaffold. 

my buddy on ps4 also got it on the same pipeline, means it should work on ps4 and ps5. 

I got it with a pre-Build scaffolding pipeline so that does count :). To make sure your pipeline is the correct length, use a stopwatch and start it once you have begun grinding.

• Like 1

Ive already done this, you just need to make a super long pipe to grind on, if you stop or get knocked off you gotta restart. Would recommend using driller digging out a huge space then doing zig zags to make it efficent tho dont make them overlap so you get stuck or knocked off (Dont need to connect to pump, just destroy it after then connect to pump)

Edited by ProNpandreas

15 hours ago, ProNpandreas said:

Ive already done this, you just need to make a super long pipe to grind on, if you stop or get knocked off you gotta restart. Would recommend using driller digging out a huge space then doing zig zags to make it efficent tho dont make them overlap so you get stuck or knocked off (Dont need to connect to pump, just destroy it after then connect to pump)

Nice tip on using the driller, will probably make it less annoying than using the pickaxe when out of room.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If you done this before April patch there is high chance that Trophy will bugged even if you do everything right. If that happened, after install latest patch right now you can simply grind a rail and it will pop instantly. 

another tips is while you were grinding, if you press left analog stick down you will slow the grind speed which help you shorten building a couples of meters of rail and you do not need to attached to a pump to got the trophy

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 5:28 AM, avatary1985 said:

another tips is while you were grinding, if you press left analog stick down you will slow the grind speed which help you shorten building a couples of meters of rail and you do not need to attached to a pump to got the trophy

Thanks for that is a useful tip. The last time I thought I had made an unnecessarily extra long pipeline that I figured would be enough, I tried it out with a stop watch and it was only 42 seconds. My PS5 trophy tracking shows 41/120 so I think the trophy tracking is working, but it requires a ridiculously long ride. The trophy is cool but should have Gone for 60 Seconds and then punned on that in the trophy name / description. 120 seconds requirement is too high...