Guide Misleading?

Seamndel

-This , simply, isn't true:

You will need a minimum of 4,152,300 XP to reach Level 30. If you do nothing but play Ranked, then this will unlock at 38 consecutive victories.

@Captain_Emo23  and I made sure he got 38 PERFECT consecutive wins, he only got to level ~20. 

-The description for the following trophy is rather simple:

33S165796.png Wildcard Master (You used all the characters in Network Mode!)

Yet, the guide completely contradicts the description: 

For this trophy, you need to fight against the entire cast

-Also -and this is mainly a fault of mine- I have no Idea how to execute an Instant Kill, even after reading the guide. 

What in world does this even mean??? I press Down,Down,Down in quick succession then Triangle and Circle in quick succession. Nothing happens.

I understand there are prerequisites for executing an Instant Kill, but there is no mention In the guide of how to achieve said prerequisites:

• Can Gold Burst at the start of the round.( How do I make sure of that?)
  • Use Auto Combos, while avoiding the 4th or 5th hit.(No Idea what I just read)
  • Enter Awakening (No Idea what I just read). 

What say you in your defense @Beyondthegrave07 , @Roronora_Zoro666 ?

Edited by Seamndel

14 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

I made sure he got 38 PERFECT consecutive wins, he only got to level ~20. 

I have never been more fascinated in who "he" is.

I don’t know why you chose to be the person to shame someone on the forums for something like this, rather than dm the authors or post it in the guide comments themselves, but given that you didn’t even read the guide or do the tutorial of the game, I can see that I came in here with low expectations.

Gotta agree, this isn't a good look, plus there's a training mode that teaches you how to play the game and do an instant kill, but PSN profiles isn't equipped use fighting game notation, so blaming the authors seems kinda crappy.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

I fixed that typo under Wildcard Master. But, I noticed that you skipped the first paragraph, which actually said it was for “playing as each character”. When you were reading, it seems that you immediately jumped over that and headed straight towards the typo found in the second paragraph, instead.

So, while I do appreciate pointing out the mistake to me, so that I can correct it, I do not appreciate shaming us or anyone who writes guides on a public forum like this without first contacting them via the guide’s comments or dms.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seamndel said:

-Also -and this is mainly a fault of mine- I have no Idea how to execute an Instant Kill, even after reading the guide. 

What in world does this even mean??? I press Down,Down,Down in quick succession then Triangle and Circle in quick succession. Nothing happens.

I understand there are prerequisites for executing an Instant Kill, but there is no mention In the guide of how to achieve said prerequisites:

The plus sign indicates that you are supposed to press triangle, and circle simultaneously with the third down input. If you're too stupid to understand that, you shouldn't blame the guide writers for it.

I'm not one to make fun of beginners, but you deserve it.

Edited by Yuber6969
  • Like 3

So this is a bit of a weird one to do as a DM could achieve the same thing but seeing as the initial drama was public I guess the apology should be too.

I was away with work and come back to see all the drama in this post 

I got dragged into drama when I was oblivious to there even being an issue. Benefits of not reading properly. I thought 38 wins was for C rank and the 4 mil was for level 30 so I was actually happy that I hit C rank well before 38 wins.

In @Seamndel's defence he came into the game blind whilst I had tinkered with it during the day. 

To @Beyondthegrave07 and @Roronora_Zoro666, the guide seems fine to me. There are some annotations I would perhaps change e.g for the instant kill I would put s plus sign between the triangle and circle and then put that in brackets to indicate those are pressed simultaneously and at the same time as the third down. That is just personal preference and purely down to fighting game annotation by and large not making sense to me. This is one of the more forgiving fighting games I have played.

tldr version: Sorry for the drama can't we all just get along.

Also screw squirrels. Don't trust those creepy as things.

Edited by Captain_Emo23
  • Like 4