Still able to Platinum/100% in January 2022 ?

jrod2510

So I recently played my first Hitman game in the PS4 version of Blood Money, and then knocked out the PS3 version directly after.  I'm seeing the PS3 version of Absolution is plat/100% blocked due to some  Contract trophies, but is the Contracts game itself still able to be platted and 100% from scratch? 

I noticed you have asked the same question on a number of games. If it doesnt have a forum topic answering the question for you I'd suggest this forum post that lists all known unobtainable trophies and games. HusKy's browser addon PSNP+ also has alot of other info like links to guides and walkthroughs on other sites if they arent on PSNP+ already as well. 

The only games that have online trophies in the whole series are the PS3 version of Hitman: Absolution which are now unobtainable due to servers shutdown, and Hitman 2 (PS4) which has 3 online trophies that require to beat all 3 sniper missions in co-op.

Take into account that Hitman, Hitman 2, and Hitman 3 require an online connection to enjoy the full experience of the game. I don't know if it's required to be connected online to earn all trophies aside from the co-op ones in Hitman 2.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 6:19 PM, Deceptrox said:

The only games that have online trophies in the whole series are the PS3 version of Hitman: Absolution which are now unobtainable due to servers shutdown, and Hitman 2 (PS4) which has 3 online trophies that require to beat all 3 sniper missions in co-op.

Take into account that Hitman, Hitman 2, and Hitman 3 require an online connection to enjoy the full experience of the game. I don't know if it's required to be connected online to earn all trophies aside from the co-op ones in Hitman 2.

Right, I'm seeing that Absolution is plat blocked on PS3, but looks like the PS4 version is good to go, yes?  And yes, I also saw how the WoA trilogy are those constant internet connection types but I think it's like the newer Need For Speeds (assuming its same for Payback and Heat, but definitely like NFS Rivals and NFS 2016) where a constant connection is "required" simply because they give the opportunity to play with anyone at anytime.  Lol, not the best way to describe it but I think you know what I mean.

On 27/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, jrod2510 said:

Right, I'm seeing that Absolution is plat blocked on PS3, but looks like the PS4 version is good to go, yes?  And yes, I also saw how the WoA trilogy are those constant internet connection types but I think it's like the newer Need For Speeds (assuming its same for Payback and Heat, but definitely like NFS Rivals and NFS 2016) where a constant connection is "required" simply because they give the opportunity to play with anyone at anytime.  Lol, not the best way to describe it but I think you know what I mean.

Yes, the PS4 version of Absolution doesn't have the online trophies.

Regarding the WoA games, I think challenges progress isn't saved when you are offline. I don't know if that affects the trophies.

The W.O.A games need a constant connection because literally all of your progress through challenges and such is saved server side (this is why hitman 3 has full auto pop for hitman 2 stuff as well as cross Gen auto pop for ps4 and 5 in both directions) while you can play around on the maps you won't make any progress 

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, Taliesin_2943 said:

The W.O.A games need a constant connection because literally all of your progress through challenges and such is saved server side (this is why hitman 3 has full auto pop for hitman 2 stuff as well as cross Gen auto pop for ps4 and 5 in both directions) while you can play around on the maps you won't make any progress 

If this is anything like Need for Speed 2015 where you are required to be connected online at all times for the game to work, then I'm out.

I really hate games that were supposedly designed as single player require internet to be functional. I understand there's co-op involved but if you just want to do a few missions on your own then having to be always online is rather counter intuitive.

14 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

If this is anything like Need for Speed 2015 where you are required to be connected online at all times for the game to work, then I'm out.

I really hate games that were supposedly designed as single player require internet to be functional. I understand there's co-op involved but if you just want to do a few missions on your own then having to be always online is rather counter intuitive.

The game works fine without a connection you just can't get credit for challenges and such or participate in user created maps and challenges it sounds way worse than it actually is I used my crappy cellphone hotspot to connect for them it's just connecting to track progress and such. But it's up to you if you want to play them or not if your not into trophy hunting you could play offline and just go bananas killing 

13 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The game works fine without a connection you just can't get credit for challenges and such or participate in user created maps and challenges it sounds way worse than it actually is I used my crappy cellphone hotspot to connect for them it's just connecting to track progress and such. But it's up to you if you want to play them or not if your not into trophy hunting you could play offline and just go bananas killing 

Thanks for clearing this up. This is actually very commonplace now, but I actually thought you were talking about requiring a steady internet connection to even play the game at all like Need for Speed 2015.

This is cool though. I always wanted to play Hitman, even the old games. Franchise looks lit as fuck.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Thanks for clearing this up. This is actually very commonplace now, but I actually thought you were talking about requiring a steady internet connection to even play the game at all like Need for Speed 2015.

This is cool though. I always wanted to play Hitman, even the old games. Franchise looks lit as fuck.

I did Hitman 2 100% last year and it was awesome. Loved almost every moment of it. Like Taliesin, I too used my mobile hotspot and had no issues; if you happen to disconnect make sure you reconnect before completing a challenge so it gets tracked for your trophies. Though to be honest trophies were just icing on the cake for me in this game. I did a lot of extra challenges just for the fun of it. Looking forward to getting around to Hitman 3 some point this year.