PS3 > PS4 upgrade questions

MoreTheVictim

I have AC IV: Black Flag and BF4 for PS3 and they came with a PSN code to upgrade to a digital PS4 version for 10 euro each. 

Now that seems very good but I don't trust it completely. So I have a few questions.

1) Can I wait for as long as I want before getting a PS4 and begin downloading and playing these games, or is there a time frame before my download is not available anymore? (I'm not referring to the purchase, that's till January 31st)

2) Can I keep the game on my PS4's HDD and play for as long as I want or am I limited to say a month before it's locked from playing?

3) Are both games full versions with everything included or is it a smaller version with some parts of the game not included and can I download all upcoming and future DLC?

Thanks in advance. :)

I dont have a PS4 however i have battlefield 4 and COD ghosts with the same deal.

Im guessing as soon as you upgrade the game is yours for life, however you will need the ps3 disc to activate the download, as the disc is used to clarify that you have purchased the ps3 title already. However im not sure if that will enable automatically for your account, or you will need to re-use the ps3 disc if you were to play it on another ps4 system.

Games that are on your ps4 system should stay there until you delete them, unless your ps+ is deactivated, then your ps+ titles would deleted or you wouldnt gain access until you re activate ps+ (not sure which one sony would do)

Im guessing it would be the FULL game, except for any DLC (not sure if it counts if DLC came already with the ps3 game)

I think they brought it in for people buying the release title and not having to wait for the ps4 verson to drop in price before buying it, considering the ps4 titles are a slight differance in price £10 in the UK depending on which game.

So the gist of it would be. You have purchased a full working PS4 digital title, This is yours to keep for ever and will not expire/delete, unless you tell the console to delete it. However you are limited to how many ps4's you will be able to install it on just like the ps3

edit: If you do go through and purchase the ps4 verson make sure you keep the ps3 game as you will need this to enable the ps4 download, as it checks to see if you legally own the ps3 verson

This is my theory on what you have asked, however someone with a ps4 will most probs clarify.

Edited by DJ_MOUSEY

Once you upgrade everything that you had on your PS3 disc is available on the PS4.  As long as you have the PS3 disc you can play the PS4 game.  It's the full game and there is no time limit.

The only difference between a normal retail game is that you have to always have your PS3 disc in to play.

Edited by Quikdrawjoe

That's correct, it won't start without the disc....as a matter of fact it won't even download without the disc in. I made the mistake of taking it out and it paused the download.

Dont u have to put ps3 disc to ps4 when you upgrade your game at all tomes?

Its what i heared and its logical otherwiae you couls simply resell your ps3 disc and have ps4 title for 10 €

games are full versions, just digital. you need the ps3 disc to play on ps4, do not put the disc in ps4 untill you have downloaded, and you upgrade through the ps4 store. they are yours to keep forever

What do you mean do not put the PS3 disc into my PS4 before it's downloaded? Would that be bad since I as far as I know the PS4 can't read PS3 discs? 

I bought them on the online PSN store,

What do you mean do not put the PS3 disc into my PS4 before it's downloaded? Would that be bad since I as far as I know the PS4 can't read PS3 discs? 

I bought them on the online PSN store,

the ps4 somehow reads the ps3 disc, so you can play the upgraded version. And it says on the redeem instructions not to put disc in ps4 till you have downloaded, otherwise it could cause damage

Are they going to do this upgrade thing with diablo 3?

No one knows for sure but I highly doubt it. The games that were part of this program were released very close to the PlayStation 4 whereas Diablo III was launched quite a bit before.

Diablo III - September 3rd, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV - September 29th, 2013

Battlefield 4 - October 29th, 2013

CoD: Ghosts - November 5th, 2013

The games in bold took part in the program and as you can see they were much closer to the PS4 release date of November 18th, 2013 than Diablo. 

Parker

No one knows for sure but I highly doubt it. The games that were part of this program were released very close to the PlayStation 4 whereas Diablo III was launched quite a bit before.

Diablo III - September 3rd, 2013

Assassin's Creed IV - September 29th, 2013

Battlefield 4 - October 29th, 2013

CoD: Ghosts - November 5th, 2013

The games in bold took part in the program and as you can see they were much closer to the PS4 release date of November 18th, 2013 than Diablo. 

Parker

AC IV was released in October. ;)

But it's good to know Diablo III will likely not have a PS4 upgrade or actually it isn't since I was planning on getting it for PS4 but now I know I can trade it in tomorrow. Plus, the 3 games came out with the PS4 upgrade at the same time so it seems unlikely D3 will be upgradable far after release.

Thanks. :)