Dexter

AlteredFormula

So how many of you guys are watching the latest season of Dexter?

I've just finished watching S06E06 and to me it looks like:

After his final statement "...and there is no light in me." Who turns up? Only Dex's brother Brian! Yep, the same Brian that Dex killed at the end of Season 1.

So to me, it looks as though Dex has flipped, finally gone all the way to the dark side. instead of 'Harry' guiding him, we're going to have 'Brian'.

Really interested in seeing where this goes...

This season has been a bit of a disappointment for me so far. To me the series has been at it's best when Dex is just on the brink of being discovered for what he really is and I tensely watch him narrowly keep his dark passenger a secret from the world. Season 6 hasn't had any of those moments that I can remember. Hopefully things pick up in the next few episodes.

• Like 1

This season has been a bit of a disappointment for me so far. To me the series has been at it's best when Dex is just on the brink of being discovered for what he really is and I tensely watch him narrowly keep his dark passenger a secret from the world. Season 6 hasn't had any of those moments that I can remember. Hopefully things pick up in the next few episodes.

Understand that completely, I was hoping for a kill room scene with the little prick that killed Brother Sam, but Dex just lost it. hopefully though, Dex may get more reckless now. which will lead to those scenes you want.

Confession, I just wanted to post after you since our avatars are sooooooo cool! :highfive:

I like 'em, I like 'em a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to wonder if this could be the season where Deb finally finds out. After the discussion with the sister of Travis, and her follow up with her shrink, surely she will start joining the dots?

I think its time she found out, and they explore the storyline on how she is in turmoil between the job she adores and the brother she loves.

Unfortunately I fear that if they do have Deb find out, it will be used as a device to mark her exit from the show. What with the rumoured tension between Jen Carter and Michael C Hall since the breakdown of their marriage I cant see how we'll get another season with her in it.

We can only hope that I'm wrong and they are both getting on fine, as Showtime have recently confirmed another 2 seasons of the show. :yay:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got to pick up the DVD set last week (I can't get cable or satellite where I live) and am up to the finale. It really seems like Deb has been the focus of the season so far. Dexter has mostly just been living his *ahem* normal life while the focus has been on Deb' relationships/career.

There was the short lived religious soul searching provided by Brother Sam but beyond that I can't think of much that evolved Dexter's life. Deb, on the other hand, has had everything changed and moved forward. Personally, I'm all for a Deb heavy season. Her reaction; "fuck balls you're serious" when offered the Lt. position was priceless and her foul-mouthed charm is one of the biggest hooks of the show. If they decide to move forward with the WORST idea possible and have her be in love with Dexter she'll be ruined forever... no amount of dropped F-bombs during live televised interviews will save her character... ever.

I know how the season ends (not easy to avoid spoilers until the DVD releases) and can't wait to see how they finish it out!!

Finally got to pick up the DVD set last week (I can't get cable or satellite where I live) and am up to the finale. It really seems like Deb has been the focus of the season so far. Dexter has mostly just been living his *ahem* normal life while the focus has been on Deb' relationships/career.

There was the short lived religious soul searching provided by Brother Sam but beyond that I can't think of much that evolved Dexter's life. Deb, on the other hand, has had everything changed and moved forward. Personally, I'm all for a Deb heavy season. Her reaction; "fuck balls you're serious" when offered the Lt. position was priceless and her foul-mouthed charm is one of the biggest hooks of the show. If they decide to move forward with the WORST idea possible and have her be in love with Dexter she'll be ruined forever... no amount of dropped F-bombs during live televised interviews will save her character... ever.

I know how the season ends (not easy to avoid spoilers until the DVD releases) and can't wait to see how they finish it out!!

I don't think Deb and Dexter in a relationship is a bad idea because I've always thought they would be I guess kinda cool together...

Anyways, Season 7 is coming and so far, it looks like it's going to be a bitch! This Season looks terrifying as every character is hanging by a little thread and I'm wondering how this Season and next will play out!

Anyone have any ideas on how the series ends? I have a few with some including maybe Dexter finally being able to let go of his Dark Passenger and helping his son control his or perhaps Dexter dies somehow trying to save someone or something. Maybe in the last Season we get a hint or something of who Dexter's actual father is? Harry was hinted but I would like an actual confirmation as to who or what he is.

• 7 months later...

I came across a lot of people here commenting about my avatar and my title and realised this might be a good moment to rescue this topic

Anyway, what are you thoughts on season 6? And what about season 7?

One of the things I am looking forward the most, is the behaviour of Debra in season 7. I mean, after everything she's been through in season 6, and that ending... I'm really curious to see how she handle herself and start pretending that everything is normal in the station... maybe her brother will teach her facial expressions and ways to lie hahaha

Plus, I guess they f'd up Batista's retirement plans. I mean, he was very close to LaGuerta in the last episode, I'm sure this will stink for him and he'll want to investigate... if not him, Quinn (coming back to his suspicions in season 5.. maybe he and Batista become partners again) or some of the new characters that have been announced. And maybe even Matthews. Damn, everyone's prime suspect will be Dexter, isn't it? Even with the crime scene and stuff, the timing is too close to his near-incarceration :P

And finally... some people could me coming back. I mean, Hannah for sure... but what about Lumen, or even Jonah Mitchell? I mean, he isn't dead, someone like Quinn could go search for him

That's all :P

Edited by Playsonic2