Easy bass songs to buy(It Wasn't a Fluke)

ThatDrunkGuy

I play drums, but got this game years ago to learn some bass. I quit playing at some point, but recently I'm getting back into it. I purchased these songs so I didn't feel overwhelmed as a beginner, and it really made mastering 15 songs painless. I bring this up because the store doesn't sort or show song difficulty, which is a huge oversight IMO.

Creep by STP

How You Remind Me by Nickelback

Hysteria and Rock of Ages by Def Leppard

Renegades of Funk by Rage Against the Machine

Bad Moon Rising by CCR

These looked easy, but didn't buy yet since disc songs and RS1 songs got me to 15..

We Belong by Pat Benatar

Yellow by Coldplay

What I've Done by Linkin Park

Fortunate Son by CCR

Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers

• Like 1

I've only played the first Rocksmith, but it's got plenty of easy bass tracks that can be imported to 2014. My base game setlist was usually something like: 

• The Yellow Moon Band - Chimney
  • The Horrors - Do You Remember
  • Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
  • Incubus - I Miss You 
  • Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook

As far as DLC goes, the Blink-182 song pack had bass charts low in complexity, though a bit on the fast side. It's available for RS1, should be importable to 2014, and comes with three songs:

• Dammit
  • All the Small Things
  • What's My Age Again?

If I remember correctly the Pixies pack was very easy to 100%. Only song I can think that might be a bit tricky for a beginner would be Here Comes Your Man but even that song isn't too difficult to 100%, very fun song to play as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 8:55 AM, megacoolermensch said:

you can buy exercise packs from store

they are treated same as songs

so easy guitar and bass packs give you 20 easy "songs"

Thank you for the tip. I unfortunately missed the boat on buying the RS1 Export Pack, so I'll pick up these Exercise Packs ASAP. With the delisting coming up next month, I'm doing my best to make sure I'm all set for the remainder of the series.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind:

• I noticed you mastered 15 songs on both PS3 and PS4—is the DLC cross-platform? If so, did you purchase the Exercise Packs on PS4 first?
  • How many packs are necessary to purchase? Example, Volume 1 states it contains 5 exercises for guitar and bass; that's either five songs or ten, depending on whether both instruments were given unique charting. Makes a difference of at least $10 in DLC purchases knowing ahead of time.
Edited by AihaLoveleaf
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

is the DLC cross-platform?

I looked into this tonight, and the DLC does indeed seem to be cross platform. Buying Easy Exercise Vol 1 and Vol 2 on PS3 unlocks them for download on PS4 immediately, according to the PS App. While I'm not ready to boot the game up to confirm, I'm going to assume that between Vol 1 and 2 you have twenty easy songs in total to master, since Guitar and Bass scores are held separately.

Anybody planning to buy this DLC should go ahead and purchase it on PS3 first, so you at least have the option of stacking both versions. RS 2014 is available physically, so there's no rush to buy the game itself unless you want it digitally for convenience.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2023 at 4:51 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

I looked into this tonight, and the DLC does indeed seem to be cross platform. Buying Easy Exercise Vol 1 and Vol 2 on PS3 unlocks them for download on PS4 immediately, according to the PS App. While I'm not ready to boot the game up to confirm, I'm going to assume that between Vol 1 and 2 you have twenty easy songs in total to master, since Guitar and Bass scores are held separately.

Anybody planning to buy this DLC should go ahead and purchase it on PS3 first, so you at least have the option of stacking both versions. RS 2014 is available physically, so there's no rush to buy the game itself unless you want it digitally for convenience.

I didnt know the delisting was happening, better buy this exercise packs asap. thanks for the info

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a tip in case someone hasn't noticed: some DLCs bought on PS3 will automatically add PS4 version to your library but some (Bachsmith 1 for example) require you to manually go to PS4 PS Store and "buy" the DLC for free. So always make sure your download lists on PS3 and PS4 are matching. 

Edited by alien713
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:51 PM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Easy Exercise Vol 1 and Vol 2

As of right now, Rocksmith 2014 is delisted on PS4 and Steam. The highly valuable Cherub Rock DLC on Steam—necessary for custom song import—was removed today as well.

Both Easy Exercise packs are still available, so be sure to grab them if you want them.

• Like 1