Glitched Trophies

Tripple_Barnett

11 hours ago, Mr_Emerald1 said:

Last I read on discord was that the patch was completed but due to issues with Sony's back end systems it was being held up. This game really hasn't had much luck despite how good it is.

That's really too bad, I decided to get it on switch instead, once the trophies are fixed I'll pick it up 

I picked this up in today's PSN sale based on the decent reviews and word-of-mouth, but stupidly didn't check the trophy list first. Now I see the Platinum at 0.00% and I have no inclination to start ?

I see TrueTrophies have marked it as one to avoid in the sale as a result.

Feel bad for this one developer having to jump through so many hoops for just a patch approval process, fingers crossed its just a few days out now. The fact they've maintained constant contact over Discord and not just done a runner is a good sign. 

Edited by Ravendust
Removed the banned URL
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ravendust said:

I picked this up in today's PSN sale based on the decent reviews and word-of-mouth, but stupidly didn't check the trophy list first. Now I see the Platinum at 0.00% and I have no inclination to start 1f611.png

I see TrueTrophies have marked it as one to avoid in the sale as a result;

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n23774/unobtainable-platinum-trophies-essential-picks-ps-store-sale-2023

Feel bad for this one developer having to jump through so many hoops for just a patch approval process, fingers crossed its just a few days out now. The fact they've maintained constant contact over Discord and not just done a runner is a good sign. 

I don't feel too bad for the developer.  They've been up front that only one person knows the code and can make the fixes, so I respect that process, but ultimately they are responsible for putting out a working game that we've all paid for.

The good news is I have complete confidence they will ultimately get the patch released based on their discord updates, but I highly doubt this is a Sony problem.  The latest responses sound like a bit of shifting blame as there are plenty of developers pushing patches all the time, so they aren't having to do anything that anyone else wouldn't do as part of the standard process of releasing a patch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WavesOfActivity said:

I don't feel too bad for the developer.  They've been up front that only one person knows the code and can make the fixes, so I respect that process, but ultimately they are responsible for putting out a working game that we've all paid for.

The good news is I have complete confidence they will ultimately get the patch released based on their discord updates, but I highly doubt this is a Sony problem.  The latest responses sound like a bit of shifting blame as there are plenty of developers pushing patches all the time, so they aren't having to do anything that anyone else wouldn't do as part of the standard process of releasing a patch.

Nah, Sony is notoriously terrible for indie developers to work with. There's a reason why so many indies don't bother releasing on Playstation at all.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Nah, Sony is notoriously terrible for indie developers to work with. There's a reason why so many indies don't bother releasing on Playstation at all.

As far as I know it is not out on Xbox either, so that argument (while true) doesn't hold much water.

4 hours ago, SydraxJack said:

Bonjour, j'ai vu le jeu en vente, je suis allé savoir avant de l'acheter et je vois que le platine est à 0% ainsi que 3 trophées. premier réflexe je viens regarder le forum pour savoir si c'est bugger et pourquoi (surtout dans un an) et donc le patch devrait arriver cette semaine, n'est-ce pas ?

They've been talking about how the patch is supposed to arrive soon for quite a while. It's hard to say for sure how soon it will actually arrive even if they say it'll be within a week. But yes, at this point it will most likely be patched.

8 hours ago, Madrid_357 said:

So, I bought this game before I looked at PSNProfiles, my own mistake.

31 crashes within 8 hours game time on PS5. Probably the same on PS4 I guess but I could accept that if the trophies would unlock.

Hell, A Hard-Thought Ending, probably the rest that are stated here are not unlockable too.

Oh, got Greed unlocked when I should get Hell, like someone said it here too.

The developer brings one excuse after another, 10 years later he will say new excuses. Get a refund as soon as possible, it won't get fixed. Yeah, yeah refund policy. Eff that, I can refund stuff in Germany if it's still broken or buggy in that case if it won't get fixed within 6 months. This shit developer doesn't even care about this game unless the payday. 'I dislike that they put my game on sale' ... 'because I earn less money from that broken scam so I need to take a second job and I can't focus on fixing it.' 

Eff this dude.

Yeah, had a lot of crashes. Trophies may not be a priority for developers, but I do wish we could refund if the game is so broken. I will make sure to stay far away from games from this developer from now on.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Yeah, had a lot of crashes. Trophies may not be a priority for developers, but I do wish we could refund if the game is so broken. I will make sure to stay far away from games from this developer from now on.

You could, just ask PlayStation. I wrote Soedesco first and want to see what they say as publisher. Writing under their posts on Twitter should work too. 

Three days later, no answer, I'll wait until monday, then I have this game almost two weeks. I don't care if I finished the main story, I want to get 100% in trophies there. The problem is there since one year and now saying that it's Sony's mistake, yeah, no, definitely not.

Edited by Madrid_357
  • Like 3

On 13/07/2023 at 6:17 PM, Madrid_357 said:

31 crashes within 8 hours game time on PS5. Probably the same on PS4 I guess but I could accept that if the trophies would unlock.

31 crashes?! That's honestly more concerning than the trophies being broken tbh. I was planning to play this eventually anyway, regardless if the trophies were ever fixed, but now I'm more concerned how playable the game even is. I did experience a glitch with the text/screen being slightly cut off during battles when I tested the game like a year ago on a guest account (think I mentioned this in my initial post in this thread), but didn't play much longer than about 20-30 minutes, so I didn't test it nearly enough to report on any other issues I encountered.

I'm just really hoping the game doesn't get abandoned and left unpatched past a certain point on Playstation, which has happened to other games before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

31 crashes?! That's honestly more concerning than the trophies being broken tbh. I was planning to play this eventually anyway, regardless if the trophies were ever fixed, but now I'm more concerned how playable the game even is. I did experience a glitch with the text/screen being slightly cut off during battles when I tested the game like a year ago on a guest account (think I mentioned this in my initial post in this thread), but didn't play much longer than about 20-30 minutes, so I didn't test it nearly enough to report on any other issues I encountered.

I'm just really hoping the game doesn't get abandoned and left unpatched past a certain point on Playstation, which has happened to other games before.

The text cut is still there. The crashes happened after the half I think and almost happened every 15 minutes. So I needed to save after every fight actually just to be sure. ?

I'm okay with the text cut, I'm okay with the crashes even if they are annoying but the trophy list is basically ruined now with the wrong time stamp and not unlocking some which should before.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:15 PM, Madrid_357 said:

You could, just ask PlayStation. I wrote Soedesco first and want to see what they say as publisher. Writing under their posts on Twitter should work too. 

Three days later, no answer, I'll wait until monday, then I have this game almost two weeks. I don't care if I finished the main story, I want to get 100% in trophies there. The problem is there since one year and now saying that it's Sony's mistake, yeah, no, definitely not.

I brought the game when it launched. Not sure if they would refund me or if I can even find the receipt at this point, but maybe I will look into what you said. Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

I brought the game when it launched. Not sure if they would refund me or if I can even find the receipt at this point, but maybe I will look into what you said. Thank you

Outside of certain rare situations e.g. the shitshow that was Cyberpunk 2077's launch, you are screwed for a refund once you download your purchase from the PS Store :(.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Outside of certain rare situations e.g. the shitshow that was Cyberpunk 2077's launch, you are screwed for a refund once you download your purchase from the PS Store :(.

Depends on the country, mate.

If it's broken to a mess and that's the case here, even if you played a few hours, you can just say 'fix it or give me my money back' in Germany. It's not fixed, it won't get fixed, so I will get my money back. It's literally a reason to refund on the refund site. 'You can refund a game if you didn't download it OR if it's broken.' on the German site.

• Like 2

On 17/7/2023 at 6:25 AM, MattPieti said:

Hide contents

"I have already put forward that Project NEXT's achievements all be stupid secret achievements that involve doing silly shit nobody would ever think to do"

Hilariously enough, that'd still be more achievable than the 'normal' trophy list he already made for this one. Although that would be assuming the programming that'll go into that other list will be at all competent, which it of course won't be.

Spiteful devs like these are pathetic. Dodged a big bullet not buying the game that one day years ago, before checking the forums. And I certainly hope everyone in this thread has woken up by now and realized they were only being strung along the whole time when it comes to a fix - I take a look in here now and then, and it was kind of sad to see actual hope for months and even years.

Edited by Umdytr
  • Like 1