Vita help

tonkie18

I got a Vita last year. I’ve played on it very little as it gets quite frustrating. I was always getting error messages or losing saves and had to keep playing the same thing over and over. The last couple of days I’ve tried to use it as I’m going in to hospital later on today and wanted it to keep me company. 

I started getting the file is corrupt message over and over then it just kept restarting. It would say I’ve removed the memory card also. It’s still under warranty and I contacted them they told me to send it back. But I don’t wanted to see if I could get it to work just for the next few days. However after formatting the memory card etc now it won’t work at all. Is it the vita or the memory card do you think? Just incase I’ve bought another memory card.. £80 but it’s also under warranty for 2 years incase it happens again. 

is there any way I can play on it just for today at the hospital without a memory card? What happens if I put a game in can I play that? Will it be able to save it? Does it have a tiny bit of internal storage? Sorry, vita newb

Thanks

Toni

• Like 1

Sounds like its just the card is bad the vita should be fine. As for playing games without card it depends what  model you have the newer models have 1gb internal storage you should be able to play that way. 

Apparently these games don't require card to play  but you wont be able to save progress :) 

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7

Asphalt Injection

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

F1 2011

Dynasty Warriors Next

Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Army Corps of Hell

Shinobido 2

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend

Michael Jackson

Mahjong Fight Club

Let's Try Bass Fishing Fish on Next

Lord of Apocalypse

Touch My katamari

Street Fighter x Tekken

Virtua Tennis 4

FIFA 12

Mortal Kombat

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Ragnarok Oddyssey

Edited by mizzcreed

Typical the only one I have on that list is the Harry Potter one and it’s the only one that I can’t find ? it didn’t come with a case and I bought this game holder for it to keep it safe… then put it somewhere safer never to be found again ?

thanks for your help I’ll have a look on the vita and see if there’s any storage on it. 

I’ve typed the model into Google PCH-1003 but it’s not telling me much. I have no idea if it’s old or new one. I don’t think it has any storage can’t find anything online or on the console itself.

So my new card came today and it’s saying the same thing it needs formatting but won’t format the card. I’ve tried everything. Rebuilding database, restoring and nothing will work with either card ? currently off my feet and really wanted to play on it. Anyone have any ideas?

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

So my new card came today and it’s saying the same thing it needs formatting but won’t format the card. I’ve tried everything. Rebuilding database, restoring and nothing will work with either card ? currently off my feet and really wanted to play on it. Anyone have any ideas?

I had this problem with one of my Vitas. I factory reset the Vita without the Vita memory card in it. Then when I inserted the Vita card after the format was done, it asked if I wanted to format the memory card. Formatted it then and no problems since. 

• Like 1

Sorry that your introduction to Vita Island has been lackluster! Will follow thread to help in the future should you need it. The Vita has been by my side more or less daily for the last 10 years. There's lots of life and fun there to be had!

3 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

:( did you mean restore system or rebuild database? I rebuilt database as that’s the quickest.. but no dice. Still says cannot format. I will try restore system now instead. 

Factory reset so that basically it'll be back to how it was when it was shipped out of the factory to a store. "New", in a sense.

I just did the restore system which I’m assuming is factory reset. I did it without the memory card in and then inserted it when it was finished. It told me to restart the system. I did. Then it said the card needed formatting I clicked ok. Then I get the error ‘could not format c4-10278-8’ over and over again ?

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I just did the restore system which I’m assuming is factory reset. I did it without the memory card in and then inserted it when it was finished. It told me to restart the system. I did. Then it said the card needed formatting I clicked ok. Then I get the error ‘could not format c4-10278-8’ over and over again 1f61e.png

Yikes! I'm no tech guru so I'm not going to even pretend to know what I'm talking about. I commend your patience though because had it been me in your situation I probably would have put my Vita through a wall by now.  ?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

Gotta ask where are you buying your vita memory cards from? I've read in the past on Vita homebrew reddit of sellers buying up bad or dead vita memory cards, bringing them back to life just enough to sell them off to make a profit.

Plus those memory cards are notorious for failing with age and use, so if you're not buying genuine brand new sealed (which is gold dust these days) you're just playing a game of chance.

Yes there isn’t many places to get them now. My partner got me one from some tech store abroad .. that one did work initially for the last 6 months or so. Then I got this new one from CEX mainly because it comes with a 24 month warranty so if it’s dud I can get it replaced as I hate the game of chance! I just want to play it ???