Another Hotel Transylvania game? (Trophy/Game Thoughts)

Do you think this is better than the previous game? I heard the platinum looks simple enough.

The previous game wasn't that good because "Pikmin" + "Hotel Transylvania" = Makes no sense because it does not look the idea of Pikmin at all.

Edited by MiserySQRL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, they have some wonky grammar in those trophies.

I find the statement " 'Pikmin'  and 'Hotel Transylvania' makes no sense" kind of funny. What would make sense? Call of Duty? Dark Souls?

Or maybe...Castlevania? 1f604.png

No I mean the previous Hotel Transylvania game was a Pikmin clone.

5 hours ago, MiserySQRL said:

Do you think this is better than the previous game? I heard the platinum looks simple enough.

The previous game wasn't that good because "Pikmin" + "Hotel Transylvania" = Makes no sense because it does not look the idea of Pikmin at all.

The game itself is pretty decent, all story-based trophies pop without any issues. 

I'm considering doing some mini-guides for the body parts and stuff, but I'll see how much time I have on my hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone know if the PS5 will auto pop? Thank you 

I have no recollection of any auto popping trophies in any games published by Outright Games, so I'm leaning towards no. Plus I don't think there's any save transfer option, especially on older games (before PS5 versions released)

On 3/21/2022 at 5:14 PM, sealightbreeze said:

Does anyone know if the PS5 will auto pop? Thank you 

I don't think there is an option to upload your save data from PS4 to PS5 for this game. I'm about 90% done with the game and it only takes about 6-8 hours and likely faster on a second run if you had to do it twice. I didn't mind the game, but don't want to play it again.

A couple of gotchas I saw for anyone looking to platinum this:
There is a chest and two breakable objects in the "where's the hunter" chapter under a bridge about halfway through the level. I missed it twice while looking for the missing coins.

The game doesn't tell you up front, but the levels that have 1250 coins will split into two parts. You should have 1000 coins in the first run, you will get the other 250 in a new area that becomes accessible later. 

The third part of the game (Jungle/Moon temples) is the only one where the keys can come far earlier than the card chests they open. I was convinced I missed it, but they just don't appear till later in the area.

The biggest time waster in the game is if you miss coins, bc you have to play the entire chapter areas over again and get to the end for those coins to register, so be diligent, especially with the breakable objects. None of the collectible based trophies will pop until you complete the respective level when it comes to health upgrades, Frank's parts, or coins/cards.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, BodyChipper said:

I don't think there is an option to upload your save data from PS4 to PS5 for this game. I'm about 90% done with the game and it only takes about 6-8 hours and likely faster on a second run if you had to do it twice. I didn't mind the game, but don't want to play it again.

A couple of gotchas I saw for anyone looking to platinum this:
There is a chest and two breakable objects in the "where's the hunter" chapter under a bridge about halfway through the level. I missed it twice while looking for the missing coins.

The game doesn't tell you up front, but the levels that have 1250 coins will split into two parts. You should have 1000 coins in the first run, you will get the other 250 in a new area that becomes accessible later. 

The third part of the game (Jungle/Moon temples) is the only one where the keys can come far earlier than the card chests they open. I was convinced I missed it, but they just don't appear till later in the area.

The biggest time waster in the game is if you miss coins, bc you have to play the entire chapter areas over again and get to the end for those coins to register, so be diligent, especially with the breakable objects. None of the collectible based trophies will pop until you complete the respective level when it comes to health upgrades, Frank's parts, or coins/cards.

is there a way to tell which frank pieces you’re missing in a level? Some of these are hidden to where it’s making me question my gaming ability not being able to find something in a kid’s game lol

• 1 month later...

Just got the platinum after many many unnecessary level replays looking for collectibles. Some things to keep in mind.

-There are Frank parts in levels 1 through 4 of the first two Scarytales. There’s none in level 5, or the third Scarytale (the short one).

-All the Frank parts, except one, are found in the first part of the level (not the .5 revisit).

-There’s health elixirs in all 5 levels of the first two Scarytales and the first two levels of the third one, for a total of 12.

-There’s no way to tell which levels you’ve gotten the Frank parts or health elixirs in, so keep track! 

-Once you collect everything, you have to go back and talk to Frank in the two world hubs to get the final two cards.

-You also get a card once you collect all the coins in a level. There’s no way to tell what card you’re missing, so don’t panic until you’ve done everything.

-There were so many times I was missing 1-5 coins and drove myself insane replaying levels. It was always a breakable object or loose coin, and not an enemy. 

Finally, there’s a free PS5 upgrade for the game, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it twice for the second platinum. Took me 11 hours and 2 minutes! 

Edited by olivetheturtle
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2022 at 8:46 PM, olivetheturtle said:

-Once you collect everything, you have to go back and talk to Frank in the two world hubs to get the final two cards.

Thank you for this!  I have everything except 2 cards and I could not figure out how/where I missed them!  I really didn't want to go back through each level to try and find them :)  and I didn't see any explanation on how to get the cards except for the purple chests.  I know I went meticulously through the levels getting all the coins.

Off to get my platinum now!!!  Thank you olivetheturtle!!

ETA:  I spoke too soon, I went and talked to Frank in the 2 hub worlds and got the 2 cards, but the trophy didn't pop :(  It appears I have all the cards now, but no trophy

Edit 2:  I got the trophy to pop finally.  Had to completely exit the game and get back in.  As soon as I clicked on the extras area it popped along with the platinum!

Edited by survey_girl
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, survey_girl said:

Thank you for this!  I have everything except 2 cards and I could not figure out how/where I missed them!  I really didn't want to go back through each level to try and find them :)  and I didn't see any explanation on how to get the cards except for the purple chests.  I know I went meticulously through the levels getting all the coins.

Off to get my platinum now!!!  Thank you olivetheturtle!!

ETA:  I spoke too soon, I went and talked to Frank in the 2 hub worlds and got the 2 cards, but the trophy didn't pop :(  It appears I have all the cards now, but no trophy

Edit 2:  I got the trophy to pop finally.  Had to completely exit the game and get back in.  As soon as I clicked on the extras area it popped along with the platinum!

Thank you for this! Massive time saver. I have all the cards and trophy didn't pop so I was going through each card and clicking on it thinking we had to activate the cards for them to count. Next step was going to be to finish a level. This should be pinned or made into a separate thread. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...