Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Runs 60 fps PS4, 30 fps Xbox One

Herwest299

"Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition runs at 60fps on PS4 according to new reports, which is rumoured to be a higher frame-rate than the game will boast on Xbox One.

Executive producer Scot Amos highlighted the game's performance on PS4 during a recent GamesRadar livestream.

"Looking here, this is the PS4 version running at 60fps, again at 1080p," he explained. "That's awesome for that to be able to showcase because when you get your hands on it you can feel it."

When Eurogamer spoke to Amos last week, the outlet was told that the upcoming remastering would run at 1080p 30fps on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but it now appears that the game will be unlocked, with 30fps being the lowest benchmark.

"The original goal for us, looking at both next-gen consoles... our minimum target was always gameplay front-to-back being 1080p and frame-rate 30fps," he said.

Rocket Chainsaw, meanwhile, claims to have insider knowledge of the game that reveals the PS4 version will run at an average of 60fps, while the Xbox One version balances out at 30fps though it'll climb to 45fps when there's less going on."

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-runs-at-60fps-on-ps4

I think this is good news. Personally frame rate is pretty important to me and after playing many PC games at 60 fps, hearing that many games would run at 30 on these next gen systems was kind of disappointing. But I guess that's not the case. At least for this game.

Edited by Herwest299

i feel bad for xbox one owners but i'm glad that developers aren't doing a repeat of last generation where the Sony console usually got the terrible versions of multiplatform games. It seems that they are developing games for the ps4 then scalling them back to work with the xbox one.

I personally don't look that much at framerate....the game looks damn good, and it's gonna make both PS4 and XBox One users happy, so target accomplished ^^

I'm actually glad that they decided to port Tomb Raider to new-gen consoles, that's gonna make this first title and the upcoming one(s) share a similar platform, which will make players easier the act of going back to the first title if you get hooked by playing, let's say, Tomb Raider 3 in PS4 or XBO (let's hope it happens ^^)

When the game was first announced, I wasn't quite sure about it, but now I might even consider getting it once I get a PS4 (not gonna happen anytime soon lol)

not to sound like a fanboy but i HATED games with 30FPS on the consoles (ps3,xbox360) and am happy that PS4 supports 1080p with 60fps with most games.

mainly because when i play PC games on 60 or more FPS, and go back to Battlefield 4 on ps3 it feels... shitty,slow idk it just feels diffrent, cause of the 30fps lock(and it even goes underthat with big explosions!) 

im not saying you can't enjoy a game on 30fps ,cause most game i payed on PS3 where 30 fps, but 60fps is much better in my opinion.

• Like 1