The worst collectibles trophy you've gone for

AJ_Radio

I could say NBA 2K14 “collect them all” for collecting every player card in the game… that was awful, and with only 38 achievers is my second rarest trophy behind the platinum at 0.04% rare. However on the same game, my third rarest trophy is “There’s more?” which is for completing the legendary teams card collections too. However, there was an exploit in the game that meant if you specifically chose a pack of card for one team, i.e Bulls 95, you only had to finish that one team to get the trophy, hence less rare. I never read that information as I had the game from launch (it was one of 3 games I got on launch night with the PS4), and so I was using the random pack rather than team specific packs, and each new team you unlocked with a player from a new team, you then had to complete that team as well to get the trophy. This added probably an extra 200 hours of grinding onto my game in the end. I’ve never played another basketball release since. This game nearly broke me, I also had a trophy ending glitch that took years for me to figure the solution out on my own since 2K customer services are a bag o’shite and finally get the platinum. This game still gives me nightmares for many reasons, the collectibles being one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Diamond Knack was my go to as well. And the other lesser gems you could get through the friend's list thing, but not diamonds! :'D It's like a tease, if it had allowed diamonds too it would've been perfect. I kind of get why they didn't, because it's an OP skin, but still ridiculous. At least let you get them via the friend's list thing on NG+. But that time has passed I suppose, there were just better ways they could have done that. Closing the game constantly and reopening it, back when the PS4's live area showed when people launched a game no less, was very funny. I'm sure my friend's list was very confused why I kept reopening the same game.

I remember you responded to my thread on Knack 1 in regards to being worth playing and the overall difficulty. The grind for diamonds was a pain, because I ended up closing out to XMB for roughly 30 - 40 minutes just to gain one diamond. Big waste of time and the game is still cheap on Very Hard difficulty.

You said Knack 2 was much better. It's fairly cheap on PSN, $19.99. Granted it's a five year old game now but I'd argue that's a pretty fair price point.

As others have said, Assassins Creed Valhalla is just awful. I collected EVERY single collectible the game has to offer, including every dlc collectible. My tolerance for tedium is pretty high, but Valhalla almost broke me multiple times. I'm already to the point where I'm considering swearing off the series if Ubisoft continues in the "bigger = better" mindset they've been for the past few years.

By far the most stressful collectibles I've ever done were in Mad Max. I ended up playing the game about a month before the server shutdown was announced so I was on borrowed time to get everything done. What made it more stressful is that the game is prone to just glitching out and not counting a collectible once you've already done it, meaning I had to constantly backup my save file and check my stats. If my save file and somehow also my backup got ruined I'd have to start all over, including the online challenge for generating scrap metal while not playing the game (this counts towards 100% completion), which would be impossible if it had happened while I was too close to the deadline. My condolences to anyone who actually had this happen to them.

Edited by Snake_1302
  • Like 1

Agents of Mayhem, by far. Some of the collectibles whas truly awful to catch, cause they where in points that almost feels unreachable, even if you watched some guides.

Not to metion that a patch made it worse by change de collectibles location without showing them on the map if you weren't close enough, and even with that some was really hard to know the exactly location or how to reach there.

Edited by FreneticWave

8 hours ago, Snake_1302 said:

As others have said, Assassins Creed Valhalla is just awful. I collected EVERY single collectible the game has to offer, including every dlc collectible. My tolerance for tedium is pretty high, but Valhalla almost broke me multiple times. I'm already to the point where I'm considering swearing off the series if Ubisoft continues in the "bigger = better" mindset they've been for the past few years.

I’m the same. Ubisoft still hasn’t released all the DLC for Valhalla so you’re not quite done with it. 

Pretty ridiculous, because from what I understand AC Valhalla will take at least twice as long as AC Odyssey did for 100%, which I spent around 115 - 117 hours. 

8 hours ago, Snake_1302 said:

By far the most stressful collectibles I've ever done were in Mad Max. I ended up playing the game about a month before the server shutdown was announced so I was on borrowed time to get everything done. What made it more stressful is that the game is prone to just glitching out and not counting a collectible once you've already done it, meaning I had to constantly backup my save file and check my stats. If my save file and somehow also my backup got ruined I'd have to start all over, including the online challenge for generating scrap metal while not playing the game (this counts towards 100% completion), which would be impossible if it had happened while I was too close to the deadline. My condolences to anyone who actually had this happen to them.

It was stressful even when I played this well before the server shutdown notice. Nothing like having to restart the entire game from the beginning, which will take 45 - 50 hours of your time because that’s how long it took me to platinum Mad Max.

Edited by AJ_Radio

On 9/21/2022 at 3:57 PM, Snake_1302 said:

How did I forget about AC Valhalla? I liked the game mostly but that part of the game was very tedious.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

- the playboy magazines in Mafia 1 and 2 because most of them can only be found in missions not in free roam.

- All collectibles in every LEGO game, I like collectibles but the LEGO games just have to many.

- All collectibles in non-open world games, I don't want to look for collectibles in COD or Battlefield.

• Like 1