Is this game worth starting in 2022?

TimeLordCrow13y

I know the online servers are gone for good and the chances of ever getting a PSNP-approved private server aren’t great-so the Plat is likely forever unobtainable. And the POTC DLC is essentially completely unobtainable to those who don’t already have it (I don’t) as well. 

I own the GOTY edition of LBP 1 which I think includes the MGS DLC pack, but am now wondering if I should just sell it, and forget about the games in this franchise prior to LBP 3 (which I also own) and the Sackboy game. 

I’m guessing the chances of remasters for the first two games are slim though, so I just wanted to ask if people thought the game was worth playing even without the online community custom levels that (as I understand it) are part of the charm of this series. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I know the online servers are gone for good and the chances of ever getting a PSNP-approved private server aren’t great-so the Plat is likely forever unobtainable. And the POTC DLC is essentially completely unobtainable to those who don’t already have it (I don’t) as well. 

I own the GOTY edition of LBP 1 which I think includes the Metal Gear DLC pack, but am now wondering if I should just sell it, and forget about the games in this franchise prior to LBP 3 (which I also own) and the Sackboy game. 

I’m guessing the chances of remasters for the first two games are slim though, so I just wanted to ask if people thought the game was worth playing even without the online community custom levels that (as I understand it) are part of the charm of this series. 

Absolutely still worth playing. Do it on another account if you are worried about not getting all the trophies.

All the LBP 1 (and 2) community levels are still able to be played just the same in LBP3 on PS4.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info! Didn’t know the community levels were all still available. Honestly I’m fine with playing it on my profile as long as an “A” completion ranking is still attainable (and since the average completion for this game is 25%, I assume it is).

I want to get my completion up to 90% eventually, but I doubt unobtainable trophies from the LBP games would tank it that much. I’m sure I have enough games that I haven’t yet completed and a ton that I haven’t even started to make up for the difference. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

Definitely worth playing. Lots of fond memories of playing this game since launch. I was fortunate enough to get the plat mere weeks before the servers shut down lol.

Why are the POTC trophies unobtainable though? Did the DLC get pulled from the store?

That DLC was delisted years ago, except in very select parts of Asia, which makes it a royal PITA to obtain since you also need a copy of the game from that country to make it work. Along with the servers being turned off and rendering some of its trophies unobtainable, it's not worth the hassle to obtain this DLC if you don't own it already.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That DLC was delisted years ago, except in very select parts of Asia, which makes it a royal PITA to obtain since you also need a copy of the game from that country to make it work. Along with the servers being turned off and rendering some of its trophies unobtainable, it's not worth the hassle to obtain this DLC if you don't own it already.

Oh damn. I never knew. Why would they even do that? 

Luckily I did own it back in the day and got a chance to get most of the trophies except one.. I'm ok with never getting the 100% for this game. I'm just glad I even managed to snatch the plat from the jaws of defeat lol

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Licensing agreement ran out. A very common reason for many delistings.

Actually the servers were repeatedly hacked throughout 2019 and Sony decided in the end after trying to find countless ways around it, that the only option was to turn them off completely 

1 minute ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Actually the servers were repeatedly hacked throughout 2019 and Sony decided in the end after trying to find countless ways around it, that the only option was to turn them off completely 

@DaivRules was talking about the PoTC DLC, not the servers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

That doesn't have anything to do with the question about why the DLC was delisted years before that.

That DLC was delisted years ago

Oh damn. I never knew. Why would they even do that? 

Licensing agreement ran out. A very common reason for many delistings.