Trophy Thoughts (+release date?)

My pre-order of this game shipped yesterday & with nothing else to order with it the shipping & tax came to almost half the price of the game so I'm happy to see a trophy list that at least looks a little involved. With that said the list looks somewhat laid back with that 1cc being fine to do in easy mode. Moss aren't my favourite shmup dev but I liked Caladrius. Hopefully there aren't any hidden un-trackable grinds like the 'Great Alchemist' & "Gathered Power' trophies from that game. 

It's a good year for Japanese retail shmups starting with Raiden IV then Dragonmaid this month, M2 Shot Triggers Toaplan vol 2 & Kikikaikai next month, Yurukill the month after & Psikyo Shooting collection(s) after that. I can't remember the last time there were so many essential imports in such a short space of time.

*edit*

I got the plat yesterday & it was indeed very grindy but also slightly harder than anticipated. The trophy for never letting one of the characters die is very easy due to the fact they recharge health when you swap them out. I didn't realise this until going for some of the ending trophies, but if you don't have all 3 characters alive at the end of stage 5 the game ends prematurely & you don't even get to play stage 6.

The bronze trophy for never swapping characters is much harder & essentially a no miss trophy although I'm not sure if this will still pop if you loose characters on the stage 6 boss (wasn't going to take the chance to find out).

For the S-rank scorer I think it's better to do this on normal mode as there are more enemies & more scoring opportunities. The leaderboard shows that only a couple of people managed to get the score on easy but tons of people on normal got the score.

I don't think the max weapon lvl is even possible on easy & I got it at the end of stage 6 as well so that trophy essentially requires a no-miss of normal difficulty (at least up to stage 6).

There is no traditional continue system, if you loose all characters you're given the option to retry or quit. You can also manually retry at any time during the stage & this doesn't void any trophies. You can also set your HP to 200 & bombs to max & that doesn't void any trophies either. Playability wise I found this better than Raiden V but not as good as Caladrius.

The grind is a little maddening as it's possible to get duplicate treasure from chests. You can set the risk rate to max and use stage select & at least there's a list of what you need. Once I got done with the treasure I still had around a hundred memoria pieces to collect. These only drop from the stronger enemies, you can get up to 3 per stage but sometimes you don't get 3 even with risk rate at max, it's very annoying. 

You aren't supposed to get duplicate memoria pieces but it can & will happen if two appear on screen at the same time. The trophies won't pop until you go to the respective gallery so be concious of how many pieces are left for a stage (the memoria gallery tells you which stage has the pieces you need).

The trophy for killing 10 enemies at once with a single charged blow could potentially be done in a few places, I did it early on in the sugar sports stage on normal difficulty (for extra enemies) at the point where rows of blue enemies are moving horizontally. I went above them attacked from there. 

9x Score multiplier requires max risk rate. You can get hit & still keep your combo & multiplier. The ending trophies are dependant on how many characters you have left alive at the end of the game or at the end of stage 5 for the C & D endings.

That's about everything. Total completion time is around 10 hours or more, possibly less if you're really smashing through. It's not the most amazing shooter but it's good fun & a pretty decent albeit grindy trophy list.

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

My pre-order of this game shipped yesterday & with nothing else to order with it the shipping & tax came to almost half the price of the game so I'm happy to see a trophy list that at least looks a little involved. With that said the list looks somewhat laid back with that 1cc being fine to do in easy mode. Moss aren't my favourite shmup dev but I liked Caladrius. Hopefully there aren't any hidden un-trackable grinds like the 'Great Alchemist' & "Gathered Power' trophies from that game. 

It's a good year for Japanese retail shmups starting with Raiden IV then Dragonmaid this month, M2 Shot Triggers Toaplan vol 2 & Kikikaikai next month, Yurukill the month after & Psikyo Shooting collection(s) after that. I can't remember the last time there were so many essential imports in such a short space of time.

*edit*

I got the plat yesterday & it was indeed very grindy but also slightly harder than anticipated. The trophy for never letting one of the characters die is very easy due to the fact they recharge health when you swap them out. I didn't realise this until going for some of the ending trophies, but if you don't have all 3 characters alive at the end of stage 5 the game ends prematurely & you don't even get to play stage 6.

The bronze trophy for never swapping characters is much harder & essentially a no miss trophy although I'm not sure if this will still pop if you loose characters on the stage 6 boss (wasn't going to take the chance to find out).

For the S-rank scorer I think it's better to do this on normal mode as there are more enemies & more scoring opportunities. The leaderboard shows that only a couple of people managed to get the score on easy but tons of people on normal got the score.

I don't think the max weapon lvl is even possible on easy & I got it at the end of stage 6 as well so that trophy essentially requires a no-miss of normal difficulty (at least up to stage 6).

There is no traditional continue system, if you loose all characters you're given the option to retry or quit. You can also manually retry at any time during the stage & this doesn't void any trophies. You can also set your HP to 200 & bombs to max & that doesn't void any trophies either. Playability wise I found this better than Raiden V but not as good as Caladrius.

The grind is a little maddening as it's possible to get duplicate treasure from chests. You can set the risk rate to max and use stage select & at least there's a list of what you need. Once I got done with the treasure I still had around a hundred memoria pieces to collect. These only drop from the stronger enemies, you can get up to 3 per stage but sometimes you don't get 3 even with risk rate at max, it's very annoying. 

You aren't supposed to get duplicate memoria pieces but it can & will happen if two appear on screen at the same time. The trophies won't pop until you go to the respective gallery so be concious of how many pieces are left for a stage (the memoria gallery tells you which stage has the pieces you need).

The trophy for killing 10 enemies at once with a single charged blow could potentially be done in a few places, I did it early on in the sugar sports stage on normal difficulty (for extra enemies) at the point where rows of blue enemies are moving horizontally. I went above them attacked from there. 

9x Score multiplier requires max risk rate. You can get hit & still keep your combo & multiplier. The ending trophies are dependant on how many characters you have left alive at the end of the game or at the end of stage 5 for the C & D endings.

That's about everything. Total completion time is around 10 hours or more, possibly less if you're really smashing through. It's not the most amazing shooter but it's good fun & a pretty decent albeit grindy trophy list.

this helps a lot. I don’t play these games often but I really enjoy the anime.

any tips, besides just practicing, to get no-miss runs? Hard and extreme are ridiculously difficult, so surviving to the end is difficult. I need to get the max weapon trophy…

18 hours ago, DemonBlueWolf said:

this helps a lot. I don’t play these games often but I really enjoy the anime.

any tips, besides just practicing, to get no-miss runs? Hard and extreme are ridiculously difficult, so surviving to the end is difficult. I need to get the max weapon trophy…

Besides changing the options to 200% & bombs to max, setting the risk rate to 1 (lower risk rate is a lot less damage per hit) as well as restarting the stage when necessary I'd say it's important to play to the different characters strengths. Tohru is good for the stages (& in general, I did the no character switching with her), Elma has an amazing melee charge attack. There are many points in boss fights where you can do a charge attack with Elma followed by a back-dash & it's totally safe to do so repeatedly. Kanna has the very welcome attribute of healing the team when she bombs & you can just about get an extra bomb each stage & that's a super helpful function to say the least. Also good to know when those golden fish items that drop from mid bosses are coming & plan accordingly. I'd play a bit more recklessly during Sugar Sports & Monster Crisis due to the health refill. BTW no need to play on Hard or Extreme for max weapon since it's based on how many enemies you kill & IIRC it's the same amount of enemies from Normal through to Extreme whereas only practice & easy have less. 

The only other thing I'd suggest if it's proving to be a bugger, is maybe to do a bit of the treasure grind on the stage that's giving you issues. You have to play those stages so many times anyway, & I was doing the grind on extreme & after a while it was no issue to dodge the patterns. The hitbox is super-small & many patterns that look imposing are fairly benign. It all becomes second nature eventually. 

Hopefully that all makes sense, best of luck with the plat!

1 hour ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Besides changing the options to 200% & bombs to max, setting the risk rate to 1 (lower risk rate is a lot less damage per hit) as well as restarting the stage when necessary I'd say it's important to play to the different characters strengths. Tohru is good for the stages (& in general, I did the no character switching with her), Elma has an amazing melee charge attack. There are many points in boss fights where you can do a charge attack with Elma followed by a back-dash & it's totally safe to do so repeatedly. Kanna has the very welcome attribute of healing the team when she bombs & you can just about get an extra bomb each stage & that's a super helpful function to say the least. Also good to know when those golden fish items that drop from mid bosses are coming & plan accordingly. I'd play a bit more recklessly during Sugar Sports & Monster Crisis due to the health refill. BTW no need to play on Hard or Extreme for max weapon since it's based on how many enemies you kill & IIRC it's the same amount of enemies from Normal through to Extreme whereas only practice & easy have less. 

The only other thing I'd suggest if it's proving to be a bugger, is maybe to do a bit of the treasure grind on the stage that's giving you issues. You have to play those stages so many times anyway, & I was doing the grind on extreme & after a while it was no issue to dodge the patterns. The hitbox is super-small & many patterns that look imposing are fairly benign. It all becomes second nature eventually. 

Hopefully that all makes sense, best of luck with the plat!

awesome! Thank you for the advice. After I originally commented, i played this morning the exact way you described. Upping the bombs and using Kanna as healer is awesome. I’m still learning when I can rush in with Elma, while Tohru is my power house.

I got the weapon trophy! So, I just need to beat the game with 30mill (freaking got 29.8 earlier) and beat it with one character.

from there it’s just the grind.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonBlueWolf said:

awesome! Thank you for the advice. After I originally commented, i played this morning the exact way you described. Upping the bombs and using Kanna as healer is awesome. I’m still learning when I can rush in with Elma, while Tohru is my power house.

I got the weapon trophy! So, I just need to beat the game with 30mill (freaking got 29.8 earlier) and beat it with one character.

from there it’s just the grind.

Thanks again !

No probs & well done on that steady progression. A similar thing happened to me with getting a score so close to the threshold, it's both encouraging & a bit of a bugger when that happens but I reckon you'll have the game done in no time ay. Glad to have helped a little bit!

On 4/3/2022 at 11:55 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

No probs & well done on that steady progression. A similar thing happened to me with getting a score so close to the threshold, it's both encouraging & a bit of a bugger when that happens but I reckon you'll have the game done in no time ay. Glad to have helped a little bit!

Oh last thing, sorry! the S ending…. i figured having over 30 million would trigger it…

Edited by DemonBlueWolf

• 8 months later...