Will you be playing with voice acting or 'mumble' mode?

Just curious with what option people will pick.

myself, i'll be using mumble mode from the get go (if you can) as I always preffered the mumbling dialog more then the voice acting, plus I reckon it will be more nostalgic for me playing with mumble mode, as the complete saga game only used that and didn't have any voice acting back then.

EDIT: I'm actually playing with voice actors, they're a lot of dialog, the mumbling started to do my head in ?

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

1 hour ago, AMKrishnan said:

Pretty sure you have to unlock mumble mode based on one of their pre-release videos. I'll be using the voice acting myself though. 

Actually, it's available at the start. No purchase or unlocking needed.

As for me, voice acting all the way. While there have been some funny mumble moments over the years, I find it overrated. Skywalker Saga is Tom Kane's final credit, so that's extra motivation. He voices Yoda and Qui-Gon in the game, to name a few.

Just now, ChiefMichigan said:

Actually, it's available at the start. No purchase or unlocking needed.

As for me, voice acting all the way. While there have been some funny mumble moments over the years, I find it overrated. Skywalker Saga is Tom Kane's final credit, so that's extra motivation. He voices Yoda and Qui-Gon in the game, to name a few.

Ah really? I remember in one of their trailers they made it seem like you have to buy it in the menu like other unlockables. and yeah I'm really looking forward to the voice acting! I'm not a big fan of mumbles. Voice Acting makes the game feel more immersive for me (I think that's the best way to describe it)

Mumble Mode is not the same thing as the pantomimes of the old games. Mumble mode in this game are the voice actors literally mumbling their dialogue...the old games had no voice acting whatsoever, just minor sound effects to "mime" scenes to give you the impression of dialogue. 

I personally feel like the only person who prefers voice acting. I got into LEGO games with the first Marvel Superheroes...so the few games I've played with Pantomiming, I found to be rather boring  because the cutscenes just weren't as engaging. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Viper said:

Mumble Mode is not the same thing as the pantomimes of the old games. Mumble mode in this game are the voice actors literally mumbling their dialogue...the old games had no voice acting whatsoever, just minor sound effects to "mime" scenes to give you the impression of dialogue. 

I personally feel like the only person who prefers voice acting. I got into LEGO games with the first Marvel Superheroes...so the few games I've played with Pantomiming, I found to be rather boring  because the cutscenes just weren't as engaging. 

This game is far better with voice acting, it’s nice to hear the Clone Wars VA say the classic lines too.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 06/04/2022 at 0:50 AM, ZachBoardyHD said:

Just curious with what option people will pick.

myself, i'll be using mumble mode from the get go (if you can) as I always preffered the mumbling dialog more then the voice acting, plus I reckon it will be more nostalgic for me playing with mumble mode, as the complete saga game only used that and didn't have any voice acting back then.

EDIT: I'm actually playing with voice actors, they're a lot of dialog, the mumbling started to do my head in 1f605.png

just bought it at the weekend and I'm playing with the voice acting on (didn't know there was an option to change it) and it's fantastic. They have got the impersonations of the original actors spot on

• Like 1