Suggestion about Leaderboard

alebrego

The players are sorted by points on the leaderboard by default.

Why don't give us the chance to order them by Platinum or Gold or Silver or Bronze trophies or even by the total amount of trophies??

It's unfair to see that a player is "better" than me just for 15points-bronze, and maybe he doesn't have any plat

• Like 4

A plat is already worth 12 bronzes, so the leaderboards already work as intended - someone with less plats but more points still had to put in about equivalent work to earn his/her postition on the leaderboard

Not really ... 

I´d say more leaderboard options would be cool 

• Like 1

So the way it works atm is by PSN level - hence why 10 000 bronze will be worth more than 100 silver.

I do see why you would want to be able to move about a bit more freely for comparison reasons - how easy or hard that may be to add is beyond me though. I have seen other sites do this, but the amount of tracked users was much lower

I think that having multiple leaderboards with different focuses is a valid idea (over at psntl they use 4 boards - the standard model, the completionist, the rare trophy and the adjusted for difficulty) and don't get me wrong, I do like that I am tracked significantly higher is all three additional boards than on the 'main' one...

HOWEVER

There is something to be said for the purity of the one leaderboard fits all system. The significance of a persons place on the leaderboard is diluted if everyone can just adjust the parameters to show themselves higher by bronzes or silvers or plats or completion percentage etc. at will

• Like 1

Well I'd like too to be able to order by plats, silvers, bronzes and golds, but I fear it could be a bit taxing on the servers.

If you notice the leaderboard doesn't refresh instantly. It probably needs to build an index or something like that to be able to order the names by total points, so it probably would need to build 4 more indexes  :hmm:

If you look a trophy-list you can sort everything in everyway you want (rarity,date, xmb, type), idem for a game-list.. Why not for a player-list?? (It's true, there are 1.5 mln of players here, but only 50/page are shown)

The significance of a persons place on the leaderboard is diluted if everyone can just adjust the parameters to show themselves higher by bronzes or silvers or plats or completion percentage etc. at will 

The official Leaderboard would be always the one by points, but you could see other points of view on your screen.

Edited by alebrego

Well the biggest trophy list probably contains 100 trophies, and the biggest profile list surely contains less than 1000 games.

The leaderboard (clean) contains 1,414,050 users that is quite a bit to rearrange without an index.

(It's true, there are 1.5 mln of players here, but only 50/page are shown)

That is of no relevance. To know who in that pool of 1.5 users are the 50 with the higher numbers of platinum trophies you still have to check every single one of them if there is no index.

But I'm just someone with little understanding about DBs, so I could be wrong.

Edited by DocDoomII

• 2 months later...

Just had an idea... follow me on this.

Some people won't have all 3 Sony consoles.  For example, let's say I only owned a Vita.

The pool of trophies I can access is therefore limited to those games which are out for Vita.

Is it then fair for me to be competing with other players on the leaderboard who have all 3 consoles?  They have a much larger pool of games to play.

In fact, I could have earned every possible Vita trophy.  Where would I appear on the current leaderboards?  Probably not very high.

Would it be possible to add a filter to the leaderboards then to filter out other consoles so we can see who the best PS4/Vita/PS3 player is?  Maybe allow them to knock out just the one console, (e.g. if someone hasn't made the leap to next gen yet, or was with MS last gen)?

On the flip-side, that could all get messed up when PS Now lands, depending on whether there will be a separate trophy list games played on PS Now...

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 2

Its far from being a silly idea ;) how feasible it is reamains a different question.

One thing that must be taken into account though are trophy cards. They show country and world rank for psn level and reflect over all 3 platforms.

Maybe just a 'consultative' page when you can get this information without going full out front pages?

On the flip-side, that could all get messed up when PS Now lands, depending on whether there will be a separate trophy list games played on PS Now...

How it can change anything?

We have such leaderboard on one (Russian) trophy tracking site, and I like it more than usual one.

How it can change anything?

We have such leaderboard on one (Russian) trophy tracking site, and I like it more than usual one.

Because you could own just a PS4, but suddenly the back catalogue of PS3 games is available to PS4 users via PS Now.  So a PS4-only hunter is suddenly competing with PS3+PS4 owners.

Just had an idea... follow me on this.

Some people won't have all 3 Sony consoles.  For example, let's say I only owned a Vita.

The pool of trophies I can access is therefore limited to those games which are out for Vita.

Is it then fair for me to be competing with other players on the leaderboard who have all 3 consoles?  They have a much larger pool of games to play.

In fact, I could have earned every possible Vita trophy.  Where would I appear on the current leaderboards?  Probably not very high.

Would it be possible to add a filter to the leaderboards then to filter out other consoles so we can see who the best PS4/Vita/PS3 player is?  Maybe allow them to knock out just the one console, (e.g. if someone hasn't made the leap to next gen yet, or was with MS last gen)?

I disagree. Theres nothing unfair about people having 3 systems.

Otherwise the same could be argued about things like DLC. Just because I dont prefer buying DLC, it doesnt mean people who buy DLC's for trophies have an unfair advantage.

Anyway, its not like they have 6 hands and can play all 3 at the same time. The best they can do is save time on collectable trophies by playing 2 versions of the game simultaneously... but I doubt anyone actually does that.