Platinum trophy... BL2

Ethan_Targaryen

I got the Platinum trophy for Borderlands, however long ago played all the dlc and loved it. Yet, for some reason I can't stand Borderlands 2 and bought the season pass, yet all the dlc is uninteresting, beat pirates booty and tiny tina's dlc (which I actually enjoyed). I'd like to get the platinum for BL2 but I can't stand to play it, idk BL2 just seems annoying and feels like a chore. BLs was fun and I played it by myself and enjoyed it to death. 

Am I missing something or am I just insane?

It's not just you. I haven't enjoyed BL2 nearly as much as BL1. The overall gameplay of the first one was better in my opinion. No ammo regen except Salvador if I recall correctly. The main part of the gameplay I like in BL2 over BL1 is Axton's turret., I love that thing, it's like having another soldier on the field lol.

Edit: Part of it too is the trophies for BL2, the ones for Salvador and Zer0 require getting them to level 26 or so I think and I just don't really care to play either one that long, especially Salvador.

Edited by BooneJusticius

It's not just you. I haven't enjoyed BL2 nearly as much as BL1. The overall gameplay of the first one was better in my opinion. No ammo regen except Salvador if I recall correctly. The main part of the gameplay I like in BL2 over BL1 is Axton's turret., I love that thing, it's like having another soldier on the field lol.

Edit: Part of it too is the trophies for BL2, the ones for Salvador and Zer0 require getting them to level 26 or so I think and I just don't really care to play either one that long, especially Salvador.

I've played exclusively as Zer0, I've always liked snipers over assault. 

Well you liked Borderlands 1 so you are insane ^_^.

From what I have heard BL2 is better than BL1...but in my opinion Big Mother Truckers was better than BL1 :P

LOL, yes there are improvements and it's more varied than BLs but for some reason it's super boring. :P

• Like 1

I enjoyed both games and have the plats for each of them. I liked BL1 because it was a new kind of story and concept that I hadn't played before, the witty/crazy sense of humour from most of the characters was great and the fighting and maps plus DLC made everything you did feel worthwhile. BL2 also has quite a good story but for most of it there isn't a real sense of accomplishment to lots of the things you do and at times isn't as interesting as it's trying to be. The DLC's for BL2 are also very generic and follow the same basic routes to finish them as every other one made for that game, BL1 DLC was very diverse and made you use key things to your advantage to make the game even more fun. I also feel there wasn't enough vehicle use in BL2, BL1 was fun because you spend heaps of time fighting your way through areas in your buggy to get to your next objective and stay in the car if it was a small task that you and your friend could do, I myself loved being the driver in BL1 when me and my friends had to make a quick getaway. In BL2 the vehicles aren't used as much and the maps don't give any space for them to be used, this made me a bit sad in BL2 because the fighting was still fun at times but I really desired to do burnouts and high speed chases in my buggy as I could in BL1.

I enjoyed Borderlands 2 way more. The environment had color, the game had a story, and the characters had personality. The DLC was boring though, aside from Tiny Tina's. I am one thing away from the platinum (damn you Jimmy Jenkins) and I'll go get it eventually.

I actually hate going back to Borderlands 1 now. My friend asked for help awhile back, and I nearly fell asleep playing it.

Borderlands 2 has seemed more tedious (probably novelty has worn off) but DLC for 2 has been pretty good so far, without any stupidly long collectible trophies, or 3 hour fights that give you no exp, although hammerlock may annoy me.

Both have good points to be honest, but the first BL seemed more slick, but that goes with my first point I guess