Customize Forum Post?

Is it possible to: 

-Customize bacground Color.

-Add intractability (such as tabs; to direct one reader to one version of the post, and another reader to a different version of the post; so that evryone get routed to the imformation that he/she think is relevant to them.

-Add animation in the background (that play behind the text)

- Add a search bar for inner-post text (in case it's a lengthy post, with a lot of information)

?

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think adding more color to the formum posts would be nice, but the rest seems like overkill. However, before anything is added, which I doubt will happen, someone needs to fix the load times. It's really obnoxiously slow.

I agree, Black, Blue and Grey are manly Colours, changing colour skins throughout the website can’t be that hard if you can choose your preference on your forum account

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seamndel said:

Is it possible to: 

-Customize bacground Color.

-Add intractability (such as tabs; to direct one reader to one version of the post, and another reader to a different version of the post; so that evryone get routed to the imformation that he/she think is relevant to them.

-Add animation in the background (that play behind the text)

- Add a search bar for inner-post text (in case it's a lengthy post, with a lot of information)

?

This is the software that the forums run on: https://invisioncommunity.com/

If you want to know what's possible, you'll be able to check to see if their software can do it.

20 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

1. Browser extensions.
2. Example?
3. God no.
4. CTRL + F

I would like my reader to be able to view the content of the post the way I meant it to be viewed. Wouldn't browser extensions apply only to me? 

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

This is the software that the forums run on: https://invisioncommunity.com/

If you want to know what's possible, you'll be able to check to see if their software can do it.

I'll contact tjem if they have customer support, but do you think it's possible to customize a single post in these way and have the modifications appear for everyone? 

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a forum, though, where legibility and readability are essential? Some posts here sometimes are tough enough to follow just because of the chosen font colour, just imagine the eye and mind wrecking mess it would become if everyone in a thread used customised animated backgrounds.

And, as already written by @totallycrushed, Ctrl+F (or an equivalent search function) is your friend.

You can always create gifs that have your text and then an animation in the background then copy the url of the gif to this website and it shows up in your post. I find it kinda funny that you are asking for these flashy features that seem over the top while you're not using a profile pic on the website. 

• Like 3