How tough is the plat?

ShotgunSquirrel

I've been thinking about going for the plat because I love the game and am not concerned by the grind. I'm just concerned by some mini/arcade game requirements. 

I know nothing about Mahjong or Shogi and am not great with fighting games so wouldn't want to waste time grinding only to hit a wall with Virtua Fighter or something.  

Thanks all.

• Like 1

Thank you for the incredibly detailed reply and links. Mahjong in particular has always been a stumbling block for me in this series.

I adore the Yakuza series but have only ever got the plat in 6 and LAD because the grind wasn't too scary and they didn't require 100%. I would love to Plat them all but I know Y0 had some Outrun requirements I could never beat. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, ShotgunSquirrel said:

Thank you for the incredibly detailed reply and links. Mahjong in particular has always been a stumbling block for me in this series.

I adore the Yakuza series but have only ever got the plat in 6 and LAD because the grind wasn't too scary and they didn't require 100%. I would love to Plat them all but I know Y0 had some Outrun requirements I could never beat. 

I feel ya. I still haven't gotten the platinum in Yakuza 0 because the Mahjong completion tasks such as getting a Full Straight and Mangan are not easy and there's no cheat items. Judgment, Lost Judgment, and Kiwami 2 are the only games so far that I played Mahjong in. 

Edited by Rin_TohsakaUBW

It’s very easy compared to pretty much every other Yakuza plat. Easier than Judgment certainly, as the drone racing is more forgiving.

The minigames are easy (the one that caused people issues originally in Judgment is removed). Mahjong is the same as ever, so if you have any of the Yakuza plats you’ll know what the expect (in fact it’s easier than some as specific hands aren’t required if I recall correctly).

Edited by thefourfoldroot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have spent over 130 hours on this game and since this is my first Yakuza game I was honestly in awe most of the time.

Tremendously good story, narrative with amazing side quests and immersive world I swear these 130 hours have passed like a breeze.

You are looking at a lot of grind though for the plat, and most of it its pleasurable (you can cheese through most things)

One thing I would recommend before starting is to BUY DLC Kaito Files beforehand as items acquired will help you achieve platinum much easier. 

This game is a masterpiece! 

• Like 4

I actually achieved the plat a few weeks after posting this topic. Absolutely adore this and the Yakuza series, just some of those plats have often scared me, mainly due to Mahjong. 

Whoever says that Videogames are a waste of time are wrong because I've learnt a skill in Mahjong (base knowledge for now). 

Really hope we get a 3rd Judgment game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.7.2022 at 2:27 PM, Jasmin-Harun said:

I have spent over 130 hours on this game and since this is my first Yakuza game I was honestly in awe most of the time.

Tremendously good story, narrative with amazing side quests and immersive world I swear these 130 hours have passed like a breeze.

You are looking at a lot of grind though for the plat, and most of it its pleasurable (you can cheese through most things)

One thing I would recommend before starting is to BUY DLC Kaito Files beforehand as items acquired will help you achieve platinum much easier. 

This game is a masterpiece! 

I recommend trying the prequel ( judgment). The combat is slightly less fluid/smooth ( and you dont have snake style) but the main story is just as good while the side cases (school stories excluded) are much better in the first game.

Yakuza like a dragon is another great game, if you dont mind turn based combat and you dont even need knowledge of the OG Yakuza series (0-6). The game is currently in PS+.

That said, I would still recommend to play at least Y0 (content wise one of, if not the best game in the series, but graphics and technical aspects are pretty much ps3 level), kiwami 1 ( honestly, watching the main story on youtube is probably enough, decent game but definitely not on the very high level of the games I mentioned before ) and kiwami 2 ( one of the best main stories/villains and great new content if you are a fan of Y0)

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...