Free trial and trophies

As i understand it, you cannot unlock trophies during f2p. Will they unlock once i go full version? I will assume that it works similar to auto popping. I saw someone say it is tied to in game achievements so any 1 activity towards a completely in game achievement will pop the trophy. Can anyone confirm?

On PS5 you can definitely unlock trophies via the trial. I did not start paying a sub until September last year, and got my first trophy the previous May. You can’t plat it, since some trophies are locked behind expansion content, but the rest should unlock no problem.

Edited by SicilianDragon92
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 5:09 PM, Hugging The Cactus said:

I thinks it's pretty shitty that you can get trophies for this trial game on the PS5 but not the PS4. Unfair, in my eyes. 1f611.png

Yeah, it's annoying. I started the game yesterday, but I might wait a while before buying the subscription (if I ever do). There's way more available I've heard than in the past with the free trial, but not trophies on the PS4. 

• 2 weeks later...

I mean while it's shitty, it's not like you can progress far in the PS5 version with the trial, only up to HW, and Free Trial accounts are quite limited in how they can even play content, I don't think they can even join Party Finder or make use of the marketboard/sell items via the marketboard? So, most end up having to buy the game either way if they want the full 100%, the platinum isn't even possible without buying the full game due to there being Stormblood/Shadowbringer expansions being included in the base list for some trophies.

Free Trial account characters have all their levels capped at level sixty (60).

Free Trial account characters can possess a maximum of 300,000 gil (in-game currency).

Free Trial Players cannot use the "shout," "yell," or "tell" in-game chat options during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot access the in-game market board during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot trade with other players during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot send in-game letters using the moogle delivery service during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot hire retainers during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players can join a Linkshell or Cross-World Linkshell if invited but cannot create a new Linkshell or Cross-World Linkshell during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot create or join a PvP team or participate in The Feast (Ranked Match) or The Feast (Team Ranked Match) during the Free Trial.

Free Trial Players cannot log into the Lodestone, the official forum, or Companion application during the Free Trial.

^ From Lodestone.

Edited by DEMON

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, Hugging The Cactus said:

I thinks it's pretty shitty that you can get trophies for this trial game on the PS5 but not the PS4. Unfair, in my eyes. 1f611.png

I would argue the opposite. Someone can try out the PS4 version without the fear of having a super grindy plat that will take months to finish on their profile if they end up not liking the game. While anyone who tries the PS5 version will get trophies for a game they'll have no way of finishing unless they buy it and grind for months. So I'd argue it's shitty that they let trophies pop as a way to try and get people to buy the game, rather than let them try it for free without any pressure to buy.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2022 at 4:09 PM, Pixie said:

I thinks it's pretty shitty that you can get trophies for this trial game on the PS5 but not the PS4. Unfair, in my eyes. ?

Unfair in my eyes. I don't want to earn trophies on the PS5 version because my account is dedicated to 100% completion and that's impossible on this game due to all the DLC trophies and more t come in 7.0. So I have to play on the PS4 version which sucks because it  has terrible lag, load times and can crash randomly and you have to log out and in again to reset the ping. :(

I am making a secondary account for games with DLC I will never finish, but I can't put FFXIV on it as I don't want to cancel my first account since that means deleting Nemona and I don't want to pay $42 for PS+ on that account as well to play it. :(

2 hours ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Firemage always entering the conversation to say it is possible 🤣

I of course agree

I mean....every trophy sans the 6.55 ones can be earned, and have been earned by multiple people out there. And all the 6.55 ones are going to basically be participation trophies

15 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Unfair in my eyes. I don't want to earn trophies on the PS5 version because my account is dedicated to 100% completion and that's impossible on this game due to all the DLC trophies and more t come in 7.0. So I have to play on the PS4 version which sucks because it  has terrible lag, load times and can crash randomly and you have to log out and in again to reset the ping. :(

I am making a secondary account for games with DLC I will never finish, but I can't put FFXIV on it as I don't want to cancel my first account since that means deleting Nemona and I don't want to pay $42 for PS+ on that account as well to play it. :(

Been playing the ps4 version for months and haven't experienced any lag, long load times or random crashes. 

And that's playing upwards of 8 hours every day. 

Also you can very much get the plat by playing the trial version. 

It's just that none of the trophies will unlock until you upgrade to the full version. 

So just simply complete the requirements for everything, buy 1 month of game time, unlock your plat.

Easy peasy 

On 11/7/2023 at 5:05 PM, FireMage777 said:

I mean....every trophy sans the 6.55 ones can be earned, and have been earned by multiple people out there.

Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I had trouble with a 80-floor run of Heaven on High with voice chat, the others got pissed at me when I used a pomander and we wiped. Yes, on Floor 91, but had I just not opened the character screen and let everyone fight for me, we might have made it. I have a heart attack at the thought of trying to do 1-100 solo. And don't get me started on Palace of the Dead. I am become 51 years old next month, I do not need my blood pressure med dose doubled. :(

I am just saying it's impossible for me to get 100% completion on this trophy list in my lifetime. I will make peace with myself and earn the platinum for my old account but that's about it. I will continue to enjoy the game and earn what DLC trophies I can attain(like getting 110 unique duties on the Blue Mage Log, I got the 120 Blue Mage spells), but don't ask me to raid the Excitron 6.0.

F-n9fvmWYAAgvB3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As you can see, I am already having issues even completing the MSQ of 6.0. I was stuck on Level 84 and the Moonscape for weeks because I preferred monster-catching games. I heard they are talking with Level-5 to bring back the Yo-Kai Watch event. I played that event with my first account(yes, I have had three Square-Enix accounts) two years ago and later did the FFXV collab. I will play the FFXVI collab as it looks cool, but I'm not here for 100% completion. :(

I apologize if I worded the phrase wrong. I never intended my statement to be a universal truth.

On 11/7/2023 at 5:49 PM, Azure Kite said:

Also you can very much get the plat by playing the trial version. 

It's just that none of the trophies will unlock until you upgrade to the full version. 

So just simply complete the requirements for everything, buy 1 month of game time, unlock your plat.

Easy peasy 

Yes, that is what I intend to do once I experience everything that I can on the free trial. Already I am burning leve allowances on a potion-delivery leve when they cap at 100 so that I can get the achievement for 1000 leve quests. ;)

On 11/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

Yes, that is what I intend to do once I experience everything that I can on the free trial. Already I am burning leve allowances on a potion-delivery leve when they cap at 100 so that I can get the achievement for 1000 leve quests. ;)

That's exactly what I've been doing. 

Such an unnecessary time gated grind.