Crashes console after 10 minutes of play. Ps5 Digital edition

Profeelgood

So, I know it's only 2 hours after release, and I dunno if it's just me but....

I'm playing the first VHS mission. And the first go around, after 10 minutes, (getting to the necklace) the whole console shuts down. And I have to unplug the power cord, and plug it back in for the ps5 to boot up and repair the system. 

So I tried it a Second time. And same exact thing. After 10 minutes, got shortly after the same spot in the mission, (after leaving the cave with the necklace) and same exact thing. 

This is seriously disappointing....I haven't tried online yet, so it might just be this specific mission. But damn. 

I'm playing the digital ps5 version. Lemme know if anyone else experiences this. 

Also playing the digital PS5 version and haven't had any crashes yet.

I've done the tutorial (forced to), the first mission and two online matches.

I did have a disconnect in my first match which sucked cuz I almost won as the Demon. Nothing is saved with a disconnect either so whatever XP you got, down the drain. Shame. Wonder if that will fuck with trophy progress as well.

7 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Also playing the digital PS5 version and haven't had any crashes yet.

I've done the tutorial (forced to), the first mission and two online matches.

I did have a disconnect in my first match which sucked cuz I almost won as the Demon. Nothing is saved with a disconnect either so whatever XP you got, down the drain. Shame. Wonder if that will fuck with trophy progress as well.

Was it like a host/server crash type of disconnect? Read somewhere that in the beta, one player quitting caused the whole match to disconnect. Hope this isn’t the case. 

I did the tutorial just fine....dang man, two other games shutdown my console too. Elden Ring and Diablo 2. But never this fast. Hopefully it's just a tonight hiccup. 

I don't have my console in a tight space either. So it doesn't overheat or anything...

1 hour ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Was it like a host/server crash type of disconnect? Read somewhere that in the beta, one player quitting caused the whole match to disconnect. Hope this isn’t the case. 

I think it was a server thing, unless they all quit at the same time. My second match, I had one person quit toward the end when I possessed them and made them down another survivor, and then a second one quit at the last objective and the game ended normally when I downed the other two.

1 hour ago, Profeelgood said:

I did the tutorial just fine....dang man, two other games shutdown my console too. Elden Ring and Diablo 2. But never this fast. Hopefully it's just a tonight hiccup. 

I don't have my console in a tight space either. So it doesn't overheat or anything...

It is overheating, this is what the console does when it overheats. I don't know why they implemented this feature instead of giving a warning.

Mine used to do this with Immortals Fenyx Rising, I took panels off, cleaned it and left the panels off. I screwed the base back on and used bits of cardboard to close the gaps on the stand so it was stable. Mine wasn't and still isn't in an enclosed space but it still happens from time to time on Outriders.

• Like 1

Its seems to be the same behaviour as overheating but this is the only game i have that is causing my system to completely shut down, ive been playing the ps4 version for now as it doesn't seem to occur on that

As a last ditch effort i am rebuilding database, if that doesn't work i will redownload if that doesn't work I'm waiting for a patch, these shutdowns can cause harm to your system so not worth the risk

The Game is unplayable with the amount of hard crashes. It crashes when I'm just idle for 5 minutes in starting menu, it crashes in game, sometimes it doesn't crash until after an hour of playing, sometimes just 20 or 5 minutes in. It's just unexpected.  I did everything I could in safe mode, even did a factory reset with a USB as recommended in the Sony website. 

Edited by Fly1ngLettuce

Just spent a few hours on both the PS5 and PS4 versions, using both respective consoles (pro for PS4) and have had no issues so far. The only thing I've noticed is, the main menu doesn't appear to have it's FPS capped. My PS4 fan went into jet plane mode on the menu, but was whisper quiet in game. I clean my consoles/PC routinely, so my only thought is maybe people are having overheating issues due to dust buildup mixed with the menu being uncapped. Wouldn't really explain the in game crashes, but you do go back to the menu after every match, so maybe the heat isn't dissipating in time. ?

Edited by Skurkitty

On 13/05/2022 at 6:54 AM, Profeelgood said:

So, I know it's only 2 hours after release, and I dunno if it's just me but....

I'm playing the first VHS mission. And the first go around, after 10 minutes, (getting to the necklace) the whole console shuts down. And I have to unplug the power cord, and plug it back in for the ps5 to boot up and repair the system. 

So I tried it a Second time. And same exact thing. After 10 minutes, got shortly after the same spot in the mission, (after leaving the cave with the necklace) and same exact thing. 

This is seriously disappointing....I haven't tried online yet, so it might just be this specific mission. But damn. 

I'm playing the digital ps5 version. Lemme know if anyone else experiences this. 

the ps5 has small ventilation holes that surround the PSU and they easily get clogged with dust. you can take it apart and clean it, note that certain countries this voids your warranty.

i've had it happen several times. i use a 500 watt air duster like the compucleaner xpert from amazon. spraying directly onto open circuity inside the ps5 can damage it, due to the power of the duster but if you spray it at the back of the ps5 directly the ventilation and console case prevent the full force hitting any components and the air just blows all the dust out nicely. 

i've had my ps5 overheat 3 times since launch, first time i had no idea what was going on.