Survivor advice

Whaaaat? ? god they’re so stupid. Maybe they haven’t played as killer. It also says it on one of the loading screens. I’m using all the new killers to try get adepts and I’m trying not to camp or tunnel but I sacrifice 3 and the last one either gets through the hatch or I hook them only once and there’s not enough points. 

I have about 160 sacrifices to go ? hoping to make a dent in that today. I managed to find some people to play with but they play in the middle of the night my time which I can’t do a lot. I did manage to get that stupid huntress hatchet trophy last night though so that was good as I can’t hit a thing in a public match. 

What level can you go up to does it cap somewhere? I’m level 70 or something at the minute. And when does the new chapter come out? Trying to save those cell things. Hoping the other DLCs go on offer tonight when the sale hits ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Whaaaat? ? god they’re so stupid. Maybe they haven’t played as killer. It also says it on one of the loading screens. I’m using all the new killers to try get adepts and I’m trying not to camp or tunnel but I sacrifice 3 and the last one either gets through the hatch or I hook them only once and there’s not enough points. 

I have about 160 sacrifices to go 1f62d.png hoping to make a dent in that today. I managed to find some people to play with but they play in the middle of the night my time which I can’t do a lot. I did manage to get that stupid huntress hatchet trophy last night though so that was good as I can’t hit a thing in a public match. 

What level can you go up to does it cap somewhere? I’m level 70 or something at the minute. And when does the new chapter come out? Trying to save those cell things. Hoping the other DLCs go on offer tonight when the sale hits ?1f3fb.png

How did you manage to get the 100 downs with huntress that fast? It’s basically the only trophy I have left. Only have 2/100 ? I have only played for a couple of games since I find her extremely boring. 

New dlc releases the 7th of June ???

The player level reaches 100 and then resets and you are awarded a devotion level instead. I am level 7 / 12 so basically lvl 712. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LC-Fraggers said:

To be fair, I've only ever gotten a couple of toxic messages from killers. Most of them have just told me I played well and left it at that. Survivors though... jeeeeeesus. 1f605.png

I play nice most of the time too. No camping, no tunnelling, if I accidentally slug someone straight off hook then I'll leave them to get picked up, etc. They still find a reason to whinge. One of them was upset when I was playing Plague because I kept "patrolling the gens". That is literally my job, dude. That is what I have to do. Do these people skip over the tutorial or something?

Lol afew days ago I had this person msg m complaining I was bullying them cause I was singling them out chasing a d hooking them and I'm like your the obsession there's a trophy for taking you out it's my job as the killer to hunt and kill it's not personal atleast 80% of the time I'm just walking around as the killer goofing off or pointing out chests or totems I find on my evil walkabout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

How did you manage to get the 100 downs with huntress that fast? It’s basically the only trophy I have left. Only have 2/100 ? I have only played for a couple of games since I find her extremely boring. 

New dlc releases the 7th of June ???

The player level reaches 100 and then resets and you are awarded a devotion level instead. I am level 7 / 12 so basically lvl 712. 

Me and afew other guys stood by a wall while tonkie18 blindly threw axes at our heads and we healed eachother till they got the trophy I'm hoping sometime soon I can get help in it aswell lol

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I did about 80 of those legit until I remembered I had crosshairs on my monitor. What an idiot. ?

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I have about 160 sacrifices to go ? hoping to make a dent in that today. I managed to find some people to play with but they play in the middle of the night my time which I can’t do a lot. I did manage to get that stupid huntress hatchet trophy last night though so that was good as I can’t hit a thing in a public match. 

You are tearing through this insanely fast, I gotta say. It took me like two months just to stop playing like an absolute potato. 

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Lol afew days ago I had this person msg m complaining I was bullying them cause I was singling them out chasing a d hooking them and I'm like your the obsession there's a trophy for taking you out it's my job as the killer to hunt and kill it's not personal atleast 80% of the time I'm just walking around as the killer goofing off or pointing out chests or totems I find on my evil walkabout

It's the entitlement for me. Endless messages like "FFS yOu cOuLd hAvE giVEn mE hATCH". Yeah, you're right. I could have done.

...might have done too if you hadn't teabagged me at every pallet. ?

• Like 1

Yeah I couldn’t see a thing and was throwing completely blind it took forever ? but those guys were awesome and helped me get it.

happy to be hit with hatchets ??‍♀️

haha they are so entitled. And the teabagging winds me up so bad. Teabagging then getting away with it is worse. I generally have a match I’ll hook 3/4 then the next match I won’t even get 1! Then the next match 3/4 then the same over and over it’s frustrating ? but the sacrifices are slowly increasing. 

I think boosting is definitely the way to go for some of the tricky killer trophies. I never would have got that huntress one in public. Far less frustrating with others. I just wish it was easier to get into a match with people. 

jesus level 712! How long have you been playing ? I wouldn’t like a match with you as the killer ?

1 hour ago, LC-Fraggers said:

You are tearing through this insanely fast, I gotta say. It took me like two months just to stop playing like an absolute potato. 

I still have plenty of potato moments. But yeah the platinum has been a lot quicker then I thought after what I’d heard off others about the game. 

4 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

I generally have a match I’ll hook 3/4 then the next match I won’t even get 1! Then the next match 3/4 then the same over and over it’s frustrating ? but the sacrifices are slowly increasing. 

The way the matchmaking ranks in this game work are a bit... quirky? If you're a survivor, all you have to do is escape, your rank goes up and you face better competition, etc.

For killers, it's different. Every survivor you sacrifice causes your rank to go up and every one that escapes sends it back down again. Essentially, you're playing four matches at once. So if you ever wondered why you easily murder everybody in one match and then the next you get the absolute piss taken out of you, there it is. You jumped up four ranks and nobody told you. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LC-Fraggers said:

Yes that makes so much more sense ? had a game this morning 1 sacrifice, the next got all 4. Suits me at least I’m getting closer to plat ?

Quink saw how bad I was last night as survivor. He also saw how every killer has a hard on for me and im a complete liability to the team ?

what region are you Fraggers? 

13 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Quink saw how bad I was last night as survivor. He also saw how every killer has a hard on for me and im a complete liability to the team ?

what region are you Fraggers? 

Nahhhh, everyone plays like that sometimes. I get like entire nights where the killer finds me in 20 seconds and I run into a wall or something. ?

I'm UK. ?

Oh we could find each other but it wouldn’t help Quink get the huntress trophy. I couldn’t match with him last night ?

yeah I play like that all the time ? I run half the speed of everyone else. I’m the runt of the litter and get owned every time!

3 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Oh we could find each other but it wouldn’t help Quink get the huntress trophy. I couldn’t match with him last night 1f62d.png

yeah I play like that all the time ? I run half the speed of everyone else. I’m the runt of the litter and get owned every time!

Dumb question but did you guys have crossplay turned off in the options? I'll add you if you want and we can have a go or just laugh at each other being absolute potatoes. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend focusing on playing as killer if you're looking to farm bloodpoints.
Even a poor or mediocre game as a killer outperforms BP gains compared to a decent survivor game.

Another thing is to use perks that maximize BP gain, if there's any DLC character you want it's Leatherface and once you level him up to level 40 and unlock all of his perks the "BBQ and chili" perk might appear on the bloodweb of any other killer. Then you can use that killer to farm bloodpoint.
Another piece of advice is to grind like crazy during 1.5x or 2x BP events.

Something else you can do, might be frowned upon, but you can DM survivors on PS app before you enter the game, you can see their names if you turn off crossplay, click X on their names and enter their profile on PS4/PS5. That way you can organize a bloodpoint farming session every now and then, probably shouldnt do it every game but sometimes it's fine I guess. If you don't wanna DM them you can try to just "signal" that you wanna farm BP and they might act friendly and let you damage gens and heal, hook twice etc.

These are just tips for maximizing bloodpoint gains per hour spent playing the game, for proficiency with survivors it's best to ask others. :)
Keep in mind, the massive BP that you can farm with killers can be allocated into building up your survivors. Pick one with decent starter perks and unlock the teachables from other survivors. Then unlock them on that single survivor, and you will have a great "perk build" in no time, there's plenty of guides here or on other websites and YouTube on how to "build your survivors". I would just start off with trying them all out and seeing what perks suit your playstyle. With that said, some perks really are a must and there really is a difference in equipping some perks over others.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice. Alas, I completed the base game with just everyone’s adept perks ? but it’s great advice for the DLC’s. Going back to the game once I’ve bought the other characters just waiting for a sale. Hopefully have an easier time if they have better perks ??‍♀️

• Like 1