Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic saves question

Earase

Hi,

Just like many, many others I've been trying to unlock Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, but so far unfortunately without success. I did read the wonderful Multiplayer guide and followed all steps (check-doublecheck whether the money adds up, check if both players stay in the game, no disconnects, won all teamgames by being the highest ranked player without others leaving etc, both variants of Cops n Crooks in a single match etc). Still no trophy sadly... 

However, I am still playing on my original save from 2009. I started GTA IV back then and did try to boost Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic (but it was messy due to bad internet at my boostingpartners side). I then gave up when I ticked everything off twice and had at least one win according to the leaderboards, but without trophy. 

I decided to gave it another go last year, with the 2014 patch, and boosted everything again with my brother and a friend. This time without disconnects, by following the guide on this site. Still no trophy. :(

I've given it another go the last few days and we boosted every teamgame again and all Race > Cannonballs and Freerun's. Still no trophy.

I'm starting to wonder if my save is f#cked because I started in 2009 and continued after the patch. Maybe the profile data things I already earned the trophy and that's why it doesn't pop?

So my question is: Is there anyone that started the MP pre-patch and continued after the patch on the same Profile data and did actually unlock Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic? Or am I better off deleting the Profile data and starting from scratch? This trophy is driving me nuts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Pretty sure AWP is server side.

This was my understanding as well. For what it's worth, I was stuck on AWP for a while until I redid all requirements. The race "Taxiing" was apparently missing for me and AWP unlocked after completing it again.

5 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Pretty sure AWP is server side.

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

This was my understanding as well. For what it's worth, I was stuck on AWP for a while until I redid all requirements. The race "Taxiing" was apparently missing for me and AWP unlocked after completing it again.

GTAIV used the gamespy servers and when they closed the game got a patch so it became P2P. From then on the progress for AWP is tracked in your savefile and no longer on a server.

Our main question is: Are there people who played the game before that P2P patch and started AWP before that patch, but finished it after the patch without wiping their saves and without re-doing the stuff they did before the patch.

He has done everything twice before the patch and social club said he had won everything. He also redid everything after the patch but on the same savefiles. We're wondering if it's possible that there's some 'AWP completed checkbox' checked on the savefile that he has the trophy (maybe from before the patch) and that it's keeping him from getting the trophy because the game thinks he already has it so it no longer tells the PS3 to pop the trophy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kolm said:

GTAIV used the gamespy servers and when they closed the game got a patch so it became P2P. From then on the progress for AWP is tracked in your savefile and no longer on a server.

AWP is not stored in the save file.  The gameplay is now P2P, but how do you think those players find each other?  There must be a server sending and receiving requests (basic matchmaking)..

Taking a look around less 'legit' sites, they all state AWP must be done legit.

8 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

AWP is not stored in the save file.  The gameplay is now P2P, but how do you think those players find each other?  There must be a server sending and receiving requests (basic matchmaking)..

Taking a look around less 'legit' sites, they all state AWP must be done legit.

Look up what P2P means and how it works, it means peer to peer, no servers needed except the ones needed to login to PSN but they never track game progress.
Or do you really think they would keep the PS3 servers for GTAIV up longer than the ones for GTAV and Max Payne 3?

Socialclub and servers for GTAIV and Red dead redemption went down when the gamespy servers went down.

They fixed both to be P2P and that's the only reason they still work today and will keep on working as long as PSN on PS3 works.

Progress is now saved on your savefile but you still need to go through it all legit, no shortcut (apart maybe from cheating with CFW or so).
Read section 2B in this thread for more details:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/242968-gta-iv-magnificent-multiplayer-mega-guide-not-a-boosting-thread/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kolm said:

Look up what P2P means and how it works, it means peer to peer, no servers needed except the ones needed to login to PSN but they never track game progress.
Or do you really think they would keep the PS3 servers for GTAIV up longer than the ones for GTAV and Max Payne 3?

Socialclub and servers for GTAIV and Red dead redemption went down when the gamespy servers went down.

They fixed both to be P2P and that's the only reason they still work today and will keep on working as long as PSN on PS3 works.

Progress is now saved on your savefile but you still need to go through it all legit, no shortcut (apart maybe from cheating with CFW or so).
Read section 2B in this thread for more details:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/242968-gta-iv-magnificent-multiplayer-mega-guide-not-a-boosting-thread/

I know how P2P works, I also know how AWP pops (I have it)

As I stated there is no save set available on any site to autopop AWP, every single one states AWP must be done legitimately as it is not stored in the save file.  If you can prove otherwise then please show me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I know how P2P works, I also know how AWP pops (I have it)

As I stated there is no save set available on any site to autopop AWP, every single one states AWP must be done legitimately as it is not stored in the save file.  If you can prove otherwise then please show me.

I also have AWP but I got it way before the gamespy servers closed.

We're also not looking for a save to autopop it, we don't want to cheat at all. Rather wondering if it would be possible to check the content of a save to see what is missing so we can do the missing ones legit.

We're mainly wondering if it can even work on a save that had done it all twice before the P2P (even according to social club when that still worked) but didn't pop the trophy for unknown reasons.

Or that there's some general checkbox in the savefile that was checked back then because the trophy should've popped but didn't and is now keeping him from earning the trophy again.

Or if back then not everything was gotten and socialclub was wrong, that you need to do it all over again after that patch or that it was possible to do a part before and a part after the patch, without doing the part before the patch twice. And if you have to do it again, has it to be done on a new profile save or can you continue on that old save.

But so far we're not getting useful answers unfortunately. We were hoping there were some people that played around the time of the shutdown/patches and could give some more answers from their own experience. Most people playing nowadays never played the game before those patches.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 9:29 AM, Earase said:

Hi,

Just like many, many others I've been trying to unlock Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, but so far unfortunately without success. I did read the wonderful Multiplayer guide and followed all steps (check-doublecheck whether the money adds up, check if both players stay in the game, no disconnects, won all teamgames by being the highest ranked player without others leaving etc, both variants of Cops n Crooks in a single match etc). Still no trophy sadly... 

However, I am still playing on my original save from 2009. I started GTA IV back then and did try to boost Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic (but it was messy due to bad internet at my boostingpartners side). I then gave up when I ticked everything off twice and had at least one win according to the leaderboards, but without trophy. 

I decided to gave it another go last year, with the 2014 patch, and boosted everything again with my brother and a friend. This time without disconnects, by following the guide on this site. Still no trophy. :(

I've given it another go the last few days and we boosted every teamgame again and all Race > Cannonballs and Freerun's. Still no trophy.

I'm starting to wonder if my save is f#cked because I started in 2009 and continued after the patch. Maybe the profile data things I already earned the trophy and that's why it doesn't pop?

So my question is: Is there anyone that started the MP pre-patch and continued after the patch on the same Profile data and did actually unlock Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic? Or am I better off deleting the Profile data and starting from scratch? This trophy is driving me nuts.

Best advice go into a PS3 text chat room with your friend and if one of you leave the lobby has broke and the win will not count even when it looks like it. but if you are sure you have done everything you are probably missing something without realising 

30 minutes ago, Kolm said:

We're also not looking for a save to autopop it, we don't want to cheat at all. Rather wondering if it would be possible to check the content of a save to see what is missing so we can do the missing ones legit.

I never said you were, I was just pointing out the lack there of

30 minutes ago, Kolm said:

We're mainly wondering if it can even work on a save that had done it all twice before the P2P (even according to social club when that still worked) but didn't pop the trophy for unknown reasons.

Or that there's some general checkbox in the savefile that was checked back then because the trophy should've popped but didn't and is now keeping him from earning the trophy again

I won't link to the site, but the answer is no.  There have been people trying various combinations regarding save files and nothing worked.  The only way to get AWP was to legitmately do it yourself.

Or if back then not everything was gotten and socialclub was wrong, that you need to do it all over again after that patch or that it was possible to do a part before and a part after the patch, without doing the part before the patch twice. And if you have to do it again, has it to be done on a new profile save or can you continue on that old save.

That part I am unsure of.

Might as well not be related to the saves.

The trophy itself is very buggy, so it's better to make sure he's done everything again and again till the game will recognize his efforts.

and if the Social Club has registered that he done everything, then there's a problem with his profile, and he might be locked out of the trophy forever.

In my case "hangman's noose" didn't register 1st time. Thankfully because that's the first thing we redid and it's the shortest mission there is.

I suggest following the checklist and starting with the fastest completions you can so you lose as little time as possible.

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I won't link to the site, but the answer is no.  There have been people trying various combinations regarding save files and nothing worked.  The only way to get AWP was to legitmately do it yourself.

Just to make something clear: The save (or set of saves) we're talking about is the savefile from himself on that same account from back in the day. So no imported save from another user and everything was done legit at least 3 times now on that save. 2 times before the patch => socialclub seemed to confirm that and once after the patch. Team games have been done multiple times after the patch.

We just don't know if the save keeps track of each trophy that popped or not. That's why we were kinda hoping for a way to read (not alter) the save to see if there's a trophy checkbox or to see what's missing. If the savefiles says 'AWP popped on this file' then we know there's no use of going on using that save because the trophy will never pop.
But so far it seems there's no 'simple' way to do that and examples are not GTA4 specific. By the time I figured those examples out he probably already did everything a 4th time, let alone translated it to GTA4. Correction: He just messages that he already did all races a 4th time and still nothing.

I know most work around savefiles is usually aimed at auto popping, but that's not our goal. Our profiles are worth too much to lose it to smth so stupid and it would feel bad forever.

I think it's better to abandon the idea of reading the savefile and just start over.

51 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Might as well not be related to the saves.

The trophy itself is very buggy, so it's better to make sure he's done everything again and again till the game will recognize his efforts.

and if the Social Club has registered that he done everything, then there's a problem with his profile, and he might be locked out of the trophy forever.

This is indeed what we're wondering about...
He just messaged me that he has done it all a 4th time.

4 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

In my case "hangman's noose" didn't register 1st time. Thankfully because that's the first thing we redid and it's the shortest mission there is.

I suggest following the checklist and starting with the fastest completions you can so you lose as little time as possible.

He also did the coop missions again, not making the time needed for the fly the coop trophy, just finishing it.

Final conclusion: We'll just start over on a clean slate :(  Luckily he can self boost the races with a 2nd PS3.

Edited by Kolm

On 1. 6. 2022 at 6:50 PM, Kolm said:

Our main question is: Are there people who played the game before that P2P patch and started AWP before that patch, but finished it after the patch without wiping their saves and without re-doing the stuff they did before the patch.

Yes, me. I thought the trophy glitched on me, but turns out I was just missing a variation of Cop n' Crooks. The trophy popped for me after I did that without having to redo any of the other modes.

• Like 1

On 3-6-2022 at 5:11 PM, Letenko22 said:

Yes, me. I thought the trophy glitched on me, but turns out I was just missing a variation of Cop n' Crooks. The trophy popped for me after I did that without having to redo any of the other modes.

Thanks for confirming!

1 hour ago, StarsInYourEyez said:

I did this a few months ago, and got it first try. You must be missing something, did you print the AWP sheet and checked everything off?

Rest assured he went through it with that sheet multiple times following all tips about checking the money after each game and connection checking and so on...

But the culprit was found: Bomb da base... He decided to do the coop missions 1 more time because it was the only thing left he only did 3 times while going for AWP and now it popped.

He already had the fly the coop trophy for which he did this mission multiple times (before the patch) apart from the times he did it for AWP so it shows something is really off with the tracking, even nowadays all the tricks don't guarantee it.

Final conclusion: The save was not completely corrupted from playing both before and after the patch but tracking is still annoying even when following all the tips about having a chat open and checking your money after each game.