Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

42 minutes ago, sagurot said:

On a different note, do any of you have some experience in playing FF14 on a PS5, but with a keyboard/mouse? I have tried, but i really can't play the mmo with a controller, maybe cause i'm so used to playing it on PC? I am just wondering if the keyboard/mouse combo works well on PS5 in this game.

This is something I would be interested in finding out, I play XIV on PC and only come back to PS to knock over trophies once requirements had been met already. I learned on my PS4 platinum that I suck horribly on controller. I'm not ready to play PS5 yet but knowing a good Keyboard & Mouse combo would be perfect for when I do.

• Like 1

I didn't know this thread really existed and was doing it techinally.

So basically the FF games I have platinumed are
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,  (All Pixel Remaster) 7 (OG), then 15 (And one DLC, being Ignis Episode).

Currently working on on 8 and will likely be done sometime next week. I think my run will end with 9 and 10, because they have trophies I know I can't really do. 11 and 13 aren't on the PS (But I do have 13 on my PC, don't know how it will go though). 12's a possibility but I don't know yet, 14 it's more we will see in the coming years haha. 7's Remake/Rebirth may not be platinums I can do as well, but you know what, I only started trophy hunting last year, who knows, maybe someday I'll attempt it, already got the trophies that I can do.

16 is just going to hang there for a while, I heard it can overheat PS? And I got a long way with FF games before I buy it too. I am thinking of doing Strangers of Paradise and Type-Zero at some point too, but it's more we will see (PSN guide suggests they aren't too hard).

I take by the announcement, that the links to the leaderboard/checklist is not currently able to be used?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prince-Varuni said:

I didn't know this thread really existed and was doing it techinally.

So basically the FF games I have platinumed are
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,  (All Pixel Remaster) 7 (OG), then 15 (And one DLC, being Ignis Episode).

Currently working on on 8 and will likely be done sometime next week. I think my run will end with 9 and 10, because they have trophies I know I can't really do. 11 and 13 aren't on the PS (But I do have 13 on my PC, don't know how it will go though). 12's a possibility but I don't know yet, 14 it's more we will see in the coming years haha. 7's Remake/Rebirth may not be platinums I can do as well, but you know what, I only started trophy hunting last year, who knows, maybe someday I'll attempt it, already got the trophies that I can do.

16 is just going to hang there for a while, I heard it can overheat PS? And I got a long way with FF games before I buy it too. I am thinking of doing Strangers of Paradise and Type-Zero at some point too, but it's more we will see (PSN guide suggests they aren't too hard).

I take by the announcement, that the links to the leaderboard/checklist is not currently able to be used?

You should be able to use the new checklist and leaderboard. Do those links not work? Try the links in the main post in the how to join part. 

5 hours ago, sagurot said:

On a different note, do any of you have some experience in playing FF14 on a PS5, but with a keyboard/mouse?

I play with a controller but use a keyboard to type for PF. Keyboard works flawlessly so I’m sure a mouse would work well too. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

You should be able to use the new checklist and leaderboard. Do those links not work? Try the links in the main post in the how to join part. 

I play with a controller but use a keyboard to type for PF. Keyboard works flawlessly so I’m sure a mouse would work well too. 

Ah mow it's working, I clicked Open Link in New Tab but I think for some reason it didn't like that, so copied and pasted instead.  It works now!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Ahh cool! I'll try it out, i need to order a separate keyboard/mouse for the ps5 but i'll update here when i have it with how well the mouse works :)

I think the leaderboard doesn't like me anymore after i chcked my Woff platinum in the checklist, i was in it before, but since i checked Woff as finished it has removed me from the board. Or maybe it's just because i haven't platinumed a mainline game yet?

Edit: i was googling a bit and found a compatiblity list for wireless keyboards/mouses that work with the Ps5 (although it's a bit dated).

To try it out first i ordered a keyboard/mouse combo from Logitech which was only 25 euros for the set!

@Xray11 the list i found is here:

I ordered the Logitech Mk270 set, which should be arriving tommorow (or today as it's 2AM here :D), i'll let you know if it works good in ff14! :)

Edited by sagurot
updated with keyboard/mouse stuff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, viech54 said:

Completed Final Fantasy IX. This should give me the Golden Era and Mainline badges. I liked the game, but the optional content was a bit much at times.

zJru5C8.png

Congratulations on finishing IX and your two new badges!

• Like 1

Finished up the FFXIV PS4 list the other day and hit 100 trophies for PS5 list :)

Rebirth is going slow since I'm working a lot, but it's getting there. Also have to finish FF16 on FF mode soon so I can get to the DLCs. Might prioritize that for a week.
I miss working from home 🤣

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Age_kon said:

Finished up the FFXIV PS4 list the other day and hit 100 trophies for PS5 list :)

Rebirth is going slow since I'm working a lot, but it's getting there. Also have to finish FF16 on FF mode soon so I can get to the DLCs. Might prioritize that for a week.
I miss working from home 🤣

Congrats on XIV PS4! That 1000th levequest hits different lol

Just signed up. Looking to make it to Platinum tier one day :)

Also question, does completions only count non DLC? I have 26 completions including DLC but still in Silver tier on the spreadsheet.

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Just signed up. Looking to make it to Platinum tier one day :)

Also question, does completions only count non DLC? I have 26 completions including DLC but still in Silver tier on the spreadsheet.

For rank yes, only Mainline, Spin-Off and Unofficial games count. DLC does still award points and completion % though :)

• Like 1

I finished the FF1 Pixel Remaster platinum, what a nice game in the PR version! :)

Enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to playing 2-6 too.

The leaderboard still doesn't list me, i think this went wrong since i checked the World of Final fantasy platinum (that's when my name disappeared from the sheet), but now with the FF1 platinum it didn't come back either. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

23 minutes ago, sagurot said:

I finished the FF1 Pixel Remaster platinum, what a nice game in the PR version! :)

Enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to playing 2-6 too.

The leaderboard still doesn't list me, i think this went wrong since i checked the World of Final fantasy platinum (that's when my name disappeared from the sheet), but now with the FF1 platinum it didn't come back either. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Are you clicking submit at the bottom of the checklist?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Are you clicking submit at the bottom of the checklist?

Yeah, i've submitted it a few times in the hopes it would fix it itself but unfortunately it didn't.

When i go back to the page it does say:

Your response has been recorded

You can fill out this form only once.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

And then i can edit it again and submit (when i edit it does show the 2 games i checked before as checked).

I tried it in different borwsers too.

Edited by sagurot
  • Confused 1

Been a while since I popped into this thread, but I've just got the Rebirth plat so time for an update! I can't remember how many I had last time so I'll just do my whole list here:

FFI

FFIII

FFIV

FFVII OG

FFVII Remake PS4

FFVII Remake PS5 (+ Intermission)

FFVII Rebirth

Crisis Core FFVII PS5

FFVIII

FFIX 

FFX

FFX-2

FFXII

FFXIII

FFXIII-2

Lightning Returns FFXIII

FFXV

FFXV Pocket Edition

FFXVI

Type 0

Stranger of Paradise PS5

I'll do the other three Pixel Remasters at some point this year too, and even though I've got Theatrhythm on Switch, I might get the PS4 version too if it's cheap enough on sale/on Plus. Love that game so much!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sagurot said:

Yeah, i've submitted it a few times in the hopes it would fix it itself but unfortunately it didn't.

When i go back to the page it does say:

Your response has been recorded

You can fill out this form only once.

Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

And then i can edit it again and submit (when i edit it does show the 2 games i checked before as checked).

I tried it in different borwsers too.

Hmmm, k lemme look into it. I haven’t heard of anyone else having issues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Hmmm, k lemme look into it. I haven’t heard of anyone else having issues.

Ahh thanks for looking into it! :) 

Don't stress it though, if it doesn't work for me it doesn't work, don't wanna take too much of your time!

Would it help if i try to fill in the form again with a different email address?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Congrats on XIV PS4! That 1000th levequest hits different lol

Thanks! It was the FATEs that took me the longest tbh. I did the potions-leve and just did them when allowance was full. Got 999 then waited until i got the FATE-trophy ;)

FATEs however was so slow at times. Tried to get 10-20 every other day, but it was tedious. Managed to complete some shared FATEs tho!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sagurot said:

Ahh thanks for looking into it! :) 

Don't stress it though, if it doesn't work for me it doesn't work, don't wanna take too much of your time!

Would it help if i try to fill in the form again with a different email address?

Yeah, try that first

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah, try that first

Nice!

I switched e-mail account and then it still didn't work, but then i logged out of all my e-mail accounts, cleared all the cookies on the form, signed back in to the 2nd e-mail account and then all the boxes were unchecked in the form and it didn't say i filled it in before. I checked the games again, submitted and now it seemed to have worked! :)

Thanks a lot again, awesome it's now showing my (yet very small) progress! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sagurot said:

Nice!

I switched e-mail account and then it still didn't work, but then i logged out of all my e-mail accounts, cleared all the cookies on the form, signed back in to the 2nd e-mail account and then all the boxes were unchecked in the form and it didn't say i filled it in before. I checked the games again, submitted and now it seemed to have worked! :)

Thanks a lot again, awesome it's now showing my (yet very small) progress! :)

Awesome! Sorry it was such a hassle, I’m glad it’s resolved now :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Awesome! Sorry it was such a hassle, I’m glad it’s resolved now :)

Ahh nothing you can do about really! :)

I think it must've been that something had gone wrong on my end, since it started working after i cleared the cookies (had to go into the console with f12, and then i cleared all cookies and local storage for that site). I was logged in in my other browser too with my gmail account, so i think when i tried it in chrome to test, it mustve set those cookies there too.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:17 AM, Xray11 said:

This is something I would be interested in finding out, I play XIV on PC and only come back to PS to knock over trophies once requirements had been met already. I learned on my PS4 platinum that I suck horribly on controller. I'm not ready to play PS5 yet but knowing a good Keyboard & Mouse combo would be perfect for when I do.

I've been playing now for a few hours with the logitech mk270 set, and it works very smooth. Just plugged the dongle into the ps5 usb and it worked instantly!

One thing i had to do was go in the ps5 settings and set mousespeed to high, cause otherwise it's too slow, but on high it seems perfect.

I woulnd't recommend getting this particular set though, the keyboard is fine, but the mouse is very small and has no sidebuttons at all. I just wanted something cheap to try it out but i'll probably replace the mouse with something better :)

Edited by sagurot
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback!

I was dredding having to do some of the raids and Savage content with my controller 😄 But i'll read though the list you mentioned above and find a good pairing. Glad it's working out for you, thanks!

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, sagurot said:

Ahh nothing you can do about really! :)

I think it must've been that something had gone wrong on my end, since it started working after i cleared the cookies (had to go into the console with f12, and then i cleared all cookies and local storage for that site). I was logged in in my other browser too with my gmail account, so i think when i tried it in chrome to test, it mustve set those cookies there too.

I've been playing now for a few hours with the logitech mk270 set, and it works very smooth. Just plugged the dongle into the ps5 usb and it worked instantly!

One thing i had to do was go in the ps5 settings and set mousespeed to high, cause otherwise it's too slow, but on high it seems perfect.

I woulnd't recommend getting this particular set though, the keyboard is fine, but the mouse is very small and has no sidebuttons at all. I just wanted something cheap to try it out but i'll probably replace the mouse with something better :)

I tried connecting a Razer Naga V2 with my PS5 which went flawlessly but the sidebuttons actually don't work. Don't know if there are mouses from other brands with working sidebuttons but pay attention to that when replacing the mouse, especially when it's just for the sake of the extra buttons.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy 8 completed and platinumed, and added the update. Was a nice game but got frustrating with the junctions and all, still, now it's over.

Don't know what FF I'll platinum next, I am going through 9's story, getting whatever trophy is possible but I really don't think I will platinum it, same with 10, it's just because I started playing the franchise last year, figured I might as well play the story, I like 9, so I am happy to just finish it.

Stranger of Paradise and Type Zero are kind of tempting me but I just want to play through the mainline first (Excluding 11 that I cannot get, and 14 which is more open ended).

• Like 4