Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

19 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

It's been a year since I was here, and in the meantime I was able to get the XIV, XV and more recently XII plats o/ I filled out the newest form.

I'm more interested in the main series, so I think the only ones that I'll be missing is XI for obvious reasons, and XIII because I most likely won't ever own a PS3 (unless someone wants to send me one lul). So, all I'm missing now is the pixel remasters and XVI, which I'll get in due time :)

Nice!!

• Like 1

The new checklist and leaderboard is nice and all but I’m not joining if you still need to sign up with an email account. I use my real name in my email accounts. I don’t want to share it. 😅

Really, I prefer just the old checklist.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baker said:

The new checklist and leaderboard is nice and all but I’m not joining if you still need to sign up with an email account. I use my real name in my email accounts. I don’t want to share it. 😅

np man, the old checklist still works great :)

1 hour ago, Baker said:

You can create an email alias you know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After VII and VIII recently, I was able to get the platinum in IX yesterday - phew, that wasn't so easy :) peppered with a few nasty grinds.

IX is one of the few FF games with which I had no experience yet, I somehow skipped it when it came out. I'm glad to have caught up on it now.

I've updated the checklist.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eirulan said:

After VII and VIII recently, I was able to get the platinum in IX yesterday - phew, that wasn't so easy :) peppered with a few nasty grinds.

IX is one of the few FF games with which I had no experience yet, I somehow skipped it when it came out. I'm glad to have caught up on it now.

I've updated the checklist.

Yeah man IX is fantastic. Too bad they turned so many people away from the platinum on it with that Jump Rope trophy!

6 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah man IX is fantastic. Too bad they turned so many people away from the platinum on it with that Jump Rope trophy!

Now that I've replayed all three PS1 titles, I actually like this one the best.

With a day's distance - various pieces from the soundtrack are playing in the background - I am tempted to say that the title is almost more "art" than "game", a wonderful composition of hundreds of paintings, songs, characters with depth and well-formulated core themes about life, death and the meaning of one's own existence.
I sincerely hope that Square will leave this classic as it is in the future and not subject it to the same bastardization as part 7.

One question:

If I have understood correctly, I should now have qualified for the "Golden Era" badge - is this awarded automatically or do I have to enter something somewhere?

2 hours ago, Eirulan said:

Now that I've replayed all three PS1 titles, I actually like this one the best.

With a day's distance - various pieces from the soundtrack are playing in the background - I am tempted to say that the title is almost more "art" than "game", a wonderful composition of hundreds of paintings, songs, characters with depth and well-formulated core themes about life, death and the meaning of one's own existence.
I sincerely hope that Square will leave this classic as it is in the future and not subject it to the same bastardization as part 7.

One question:

If I have understood correctly, I should now have qualified for the "Golden Era" badge - is this awarded automatically or do I have to enter something somewhere?

Good question. Any time you complete a new game or DLC pack just revisit the Google Form link and edit your response https://forms.gle/2cUx8zYaGYjYKvxu7

It has all your previous completions saved, so just check the box on FFIX and scroll down and resubmit and it'll automatically update the Leaderboard where the badge will be automatically awarded based on your updated completions. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IAmJust1Up said:

How do I upload my stats, sorry for not knowing. English is not my first language. I have all trophies except for a few in FFXIV. 

No problem, welcome to the project :)

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 11:54 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Submitted my form. I'm #7 \o/

• Like 3

Just now, viech54 said:

Agreed, FFIX is a gem. But I'd say there's more than the Jump Rope that can turn players away. It's definitely the most obvious trophy as so many people talk(ed) about it.

Others are:

• Follow your Nose: I got all chocographs around level 25. Making me grind to level 99 is just a time sink that doesn't improve the game and the minigame is really random. There are ways to make it more consistent (speed boost, and generally understanding how it works), but it's still not great and I wish I didn't have to do it. Not even for the Robe of Lords, which isn't even unique to this minigame.
  • Bloodlust: Another pointless grind. I can do everything else in the game while still not being close to 10k kills. Just why? At least give me something meaningful to do in the game while killing 10k enemies.

Those two and Jump Rope suck, the rest is fine.

Yeah that's true. I have a really awesome turbo controller so I tend to forget that stuff like that is an issue since I just overnight AFK anything like that. But yeah without a turbo controller that Bloodlust trophy would be horrendous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah that's true. I have a really awesome turbo controller so I tend to forget that stuff like that is an issue since I just overnight AFK anything like that. But yeah without a turbo controller that Bloodlust trophy would be horrendous.

Oh, I can automate it with PS Remote Play and either AHK or reWASD just fine and I did that for the Bloodlust trophy. It's just that these kinds of trophies are not great in general. Which turbo controller do you have? Does it work on PS4 and PS5?

18 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Oh, I can automate it with PS Remote Play and either AHK or reWASD just fine and I did that for the Bloodlust trophy. It's just that these kinds of trophies are not great in general. Which turbo controller do you have? Does it work on PS4 and PS5?

I have a custom built controller from MegaModz and I have a fightstick with turbo functionality so I have two turbo controllers and just use whichever one fits the need better. I definitely recommend the MegaModz controller. Very expensive but imo superior to a DualSense Edge so worth the money.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

I have a custom built controller from MegaModz and I have a fightstick with turbo functionality so I have two turbo controllers and just use whichever one fits the need better. I definitely recommend the MegaModz controller. Very expensive but imo superior to a DualSense Edge so worth the money.

Thanks. I'll look into it some more. Not sure I'll get one. The Dualsense works just fine for me for the most part and very few games required turbo functionality where some button mashing didn't get the job done or I didn't want to do it myself.

3 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. I'll look into it some more. Not sure I'll get one. The Dualsense works just fine for me for the most part and very few games required turbo functionality where some button mashing didn't get the job done or I didn't want to do it myself.

It's especially useful for games like FFXVI or Strangers of Paradise where you find yourself mashing a single button constantly to attack. Just map that to a turbo paddle and spam away without wrist pain lol

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

It's especially useful for games like FFXVI or Strangers of Paradise where you find yourself mashing a single button constantly to attack. Just map that to a turbo paddle and spam away without wrist pain lol

That is an interesting use case, yes. I'll think about it. Thanks for your input.

Finally got Follow Your Nose. Good riddance!

Now all troublesome trophies are out of the way in FFIX and the rest should be smooth sailing. I'll soon learn if I got all ATEs, then it's just doing the remaining optional content (which isn't that much), the story, level one character to 99, and the 12 hours speedrun.

• Like 3

Heyyo, is there a list somewhere in the leaderboard doc or on this forum that has the point values for the different trophy lists? I tried looking for one but figured it's best to ask than spend more of my time searching for it 😅

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Zzyzx__RoAd said:

Heyyo, is there a list somewhere in the leaderboard doc or on this forum that has the point values for the different trophy lists? I tried looking for one but figured it's best to ask than spend more of my time searching for it 😅

Yeah :) Just go to the Completions and Scores tab and you'll see the difficulties, time estimates and subsequent point values listed here and there's a comment embedded into each category explaining the multipliers. 

N4ieAZT.png

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

With a little shame i can report that my first ever FF platinum is not a mainline one, but a spinoff game :D

Just finished the platinum for World of Final Fantasy.

I started a new run on it to get a bit of a lighter break from the FF7Rebirth platinum, but then in the postgame i got more and more glad that i got this game out of the way first.

It's a fun game, but there are so many questionable design decisions (the way travel works etc.) and the voice acting just gives a new meaning to doing your head in. Also those rng minigames can absolutely go die in a fire.

What makes the game enjoyable is the well worked out pokemon-esque stuff, the stacking of different mirages is just genious, and all the awesome references to all the other FF games. All in all i enjoyed it, mostly.

One fun thing is how scarily accurate the PSNP guide was on the time for the platinum, the guide says 80 hours and this was my savefile on getting the platinum:

spacer.png

On a different note, do any of you have some experience in playing FF14 on a PS5, but with a keyboard/mouse? I have tried, but i really can't play the mmo with a controller, maybe cause i'm so used to playing it on PC? I am just wondering if the keyboard/mouse combo works well on PS5 in this game.

Edited by sagurot
  • Like 3