Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

1 hour ago, Eirulan said:

Finished FF8 in the meantime, working on FF9 now... really enjoying my time with these older titles :)

Does the link change after updating the list?

Anyway, here again:

https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/?id=1KTReUMpmIPwLsqTkq72SeBevQx2

Sorry to have you fill out another form, but this is the new checklist that is linked to the Leaderboard

https://forms.gle/Qyjrzygk9aEhuSiC6

Thoughts on assigning point values to earned badges? It could help incentivize doing some of the lesser known Final Fantasy's. Not sure how I'd handle point amounts though. Any suggestions are welcome. 

TYRgNFP.png

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea, I still have a few spin offs that I've barely touched like Type-0, Crystal Chronicles, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon and so on. I think these types are a lot harder to get into and find a flow with so an extra incentive could be nice though I'm not sure either the best way to do it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Sounds like a good idea, I still have a few spin offs that I've barely touched like Type-0, Crystal Chronicles, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon and so on. I think these types are a lot harder to get into and find a flow with so an extra incentive could be nice though I'm not sure either the best way to do it. 

Yeah, it's those more out of the way FFs I'd like to promote. The best idea I've had is to give points based on reverse popularity. So like order all the badges most earned to least earned and have points go the inverse of that, the rarer the badge the more points, the more common the badge the less points. 

• Like 2

That's actually a really good idea because it still gives a lot of points for XIV which we know as the longest and hardest one whilst keeping the less popular ones still in a high scoring range. Plus it's easy to see what's most/less popular so if you need to change it in the future you can without too much trouble. 

• Like 1

As someone who is going for 'Close Enough' & 'Obscurity' right now I think this is a great idea 😄

Again, definitely seems difficult to balance, but I agree least earned to most earned seems to be the way to go. Love the idea.

EDIT: Update on me, I've completed 'Crystal Defenders' this month and currently completing 'Monster of the Deep', all while chipping away at Rebirth. Next stop is to find a Vita for 'Adventures Of Mana' and see about 'Fortune Street'. Trying to get the obscure/potentially-unobtainable-in-future games completed.

Edited by Xray11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xray11 said:

As someone who is going for 'Close Enough' & 'Obscurity' right now I think this is a great idea 😄

Again, definitely seems difficult to balance, but I agree least earned to most earned seems to be the way to go. Love the idea.

EDIT: Update on me, I've completed 'Crystal Defenders' this month and currently completing 'Monster of the Deep', all while chipping away at Rebirth. Next stop is to find a Vita for 'Adventures Of Mana' and see about 'Fortune Street'. Trying to get the obscure/potentially-unobtainable-in-future games completed.

Dang nice! You're tackling all the hard to get to ones at once lol

19 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

FFIX the less completed mainline (ignoring a few special cases...) why is it not surprising!

For real, that jump rope trophy is a real platinum killer for many :( 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

For real, that jump rope trophy is a real platinum killer for many :( 

This is the trophy I did asap when I first read about the remote play issues. Still seems to work, but it apparently got a lot harder to automate the trophy. I'm currently playing FFIX, so it will have another achiever soon-ish. This might end up being my favorite FF of the PS1 era. Also, the 10k enemies trophy is dumb, I will keep my console running overnight to afk farm it with auto battle and boosters in the Markus/Steiner section. It doesn't add anything meaningful to the game.

• Like 2

Just finished FFII and updated the checklist.  That is my 10th completion and puts me into the Bronze tier.  It's considered one of the lower tier Final Fantasies and certainly has its problems but I still enjoy it.  One thought that struck me while playing it: Has there ever been a more forgettable party member in a final fantasy game than Guy?  The only thing I've ever remembered about him is that he speaks beaver for some reason.  Otherwise I usually just forget he exists.

It was my 3rd time through the game, both of the other times I played through the GBA Dawn of Souls version.    I'm surprised Square-Enix decided to make these pixel remasters without the extra content from the GBA versions.  Maybe it's just an excuse to sells us those versions later down the line. 

Edited by Duke_Ryle
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Duke_Ryle said:

Just finished FFII and updated the checklist.  That is my 10th completion and puts me into the Bronze tier.  It's considered one of the lower tier Final Fantasies and certainly has its problems but I still enjoy it.  One thought that struck me while playing it: Has there ever been a more forgettable party member in a final fantasy game than Guy?  The only thing I've ever remembered about him is that he speaks beaver for some reason.  Otherwise I usually just forget he exists.

It was my 3rd time through the game, both of the other times I played through the GBA Dawn of Souls version.    I'm surprised Square-Enix decided to make these pixel remasters without the extra content from the GBA versions.  Maybe it's just an excuse to sells us those versions later down the line. 

Guy speaking beaver is pretty great lol But yeah, FFII in general is relatively forgettable, though Emperor is awesome and pulls his weight in the storyline. Interesting thought that SE might sell the updated versions or sell content packages with the extra stuff in them someday. I'd complain of greed...but then buy and play them anyway lol

• Like 1

A new leaderboard and sign up was made while I was focusing on some indie titles? Interesting :D

I went ahead and filed out the new form. I'm slowly working on Itadaki Street with a friend for online trophies but other than that I'm not really focusing on any FF list right now. The next one after Itadaki Street will probably be FF XVI once the last DLC is out.

• Like 1

It's been a year since I was here, and in the meantime I was able to get the XIV, XV and more recently XII plats o/ I filled out the newest form.

I'm more interested in the main series, so I think the only ones that I'll be missing is XI for obvious reasons, and XIII because I most likely won't ever own a PS3 (unless someone wants to send me one lul). So, all I'm missing now is the pixel remasters and XVI, which I'll get in due time :)

• Like 4